honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    right before my flamenco dance performance

cudlvnhsczcj.jpg

Oh my goodness 😍
    You’re beautiful my friend!
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    @honeybee__12 thank you sweet M - all your pics take me down our mutual time line memory lane - and i just love it! <3
  • DAGridesagain
    DAGridesagain Posts: 132 Member
    vertego wrote: »
    More than a few years back...

I was just setting off for a 10 day cycling vacation staying in various youth hostels, aged 13 years, on my own. You wouldn't let your kids do that today.

dnpeitbvvqce.jpg

whaaaat? Thats crazy!? Did you stay safe? Any crazy stories from that??

Stay safe? Well, 50 years later, I'm still here!

Yes, plenty of back stories. Like celebrating my 14th birthday on the beach with my parents...only to suffer sunburn, which I had to endure for the next few days of my cycling vacation. Or the time I met up with some other youth hostellers...cycled to a not so nearby pub (without enough lights for all of us!) for a pint of cider at the age of 13 years!!! There is more!!!

Cycling in the UK 50 years ago is totally different to today. As for cycling in the USA...not so sure about that!

Back then, I was riding about 30-35 miles each day. Now I regard that as a 'short and leisurely ride' (although this past 6 months has been 'different' due to unrelated health issues). My idea of fun is 50+ miles. Especially if hills/mountains are involved!

Would I let a 13 year old ride out today? Why not? As long as the roads are right!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    More than a few years back...

I was just setting off for a 10 day cycling vacation staying in various youth hostels, aged 13 years, on my own. You wouldn't let your kids do that today.

dnpeitbvvqce.jpg

whaaaat? Thats crazy!? Did you stay safe? Any crazy stories from that??

Stay safe? Well, 50 years later, I'm still here!

Yes, plenty of back stories. Like celebrating my 14th birthday on the beach with my parents...only to suffer sunburn, which I had to endure for the next few days of my cycling vacation. Or the time I met up with some other youth hostellers...cycled to a not so nearby pub (without enough lights for all of us!) for a pint of cider at the age of 13 years!!! There is more!!!

Cycling in the UK 50 years ago is totally different to today. As for cycling in the USA...not so sure about that!

Back then, I was riding about 30-35 miles each day. Now I regard that as a 'short and leisurely ride' (although this past 6 months has been 'different' due to unrelated health issues). My idea of fun is 50+ miles. Especially if hills/mountains are involved!

Would I let a 13 year old ride out today? Why not? As long as the roads are right!

I would ride in my neighborhood or down to the community pool...but no, not so safe to just travel around when I was a kid. Or maybe I just lived in a bad area. In fact, one time we biked to local toy store (no pints for us 😂) and some teenagers pointed a gun at us.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Missing the festivals this year 😒
    ta7xsn37jyax.jpg

so are my kids.... what a time they had last year...oh to be young again! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh the hair! :o Throwback pic from one of our early dates, we are at the zoo in front of the giraffe exhibit, or was it the lemurs? :D Anyway, we are gonna celebrate 11 years together in a couple of months <3
    bz1pmrvaaw6p.png
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    ceewzfiu5rj3.jpeg
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Throwback to like a week ago.

x79xsvc9fwhd.jpeg
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

x79xsvc9fwhd.jpeg

I ❤️ you 😂
  • Bigjuicy2point0
    Bigjuicy2point0 Posts: 906 Member

x79xsvc9fwhd.jpeg

😍
  • MelG7777

x79xsvc9fwhd.jpeg

😍

😘you came! Post away!
  • MelG7777
    pz1399r97zxa.jpeg
    High school ID and drivers license. 😂😂
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    auwkdfcznbjs.jpeg

Flashback Friday edition... 10 years apart

@sanwigley15

Omg is that the same person?!

You are beautiful both ways but my goodness, stunning in that right pic!

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    qap91wm1ahan.jpeg

inspiring!