What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Veggies and a shrimp stir-fried with a good sauce over cauliflower rice. I could eat it every day
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Tofurky zesty andouille
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Tahini, expecially withsunflower protein and almond milk blended !
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Quaker Rice Crisps Apple Cinnamon
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

What does it taste like? How do you use it?
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2020
    Small portions of food with tons of flavor, like bulgogi, daikon radish, etc. And any kind of salads for breakfast instead of the usual breakfast foods. (I'm trying to get past my sweet tooth by shoving everything healthy in gullet instead). lol I have to say, salads for breakfast are far more satiating and I'm not left feeling sleepy after eating it (unlike when I eat sugar/carbs).
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Maybe I'm going back to childhood, but I bought some of these healthy pushup popsicles a few months ago made with just juice and fruit. They were delicious with all the recent heat. Then, Fry's stopped carrying them.

So I bought my own wrappers off of Amazon and made my own healthy pushup popsicles with the plastic. I'll likely get some reusable ones next (not a big fan of disposable plastic). Made grape with frozen grapes and Juicy Juice, Berry ones with frozen berries/honey and DF Kite Hill Yogurt and some Orange ones too with honey, frozen OJ and yogurt. Made like 30 of them. Tried them last night and they were great.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

Really nutty flavor! Kind of like walnut oil... Great on vanilla ice cream and squash! Or drizzled on salads
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Sweet potatoes. Steamed purple ones.
    Cannot. Get. Enough.

Also:
    Chile/spicy crunchy garlic sauce from ranch99.

Fresh coconut.
    Kirkland brand chocolate chip cookie dough bars. Still :(
  • VegjoyP
    Sweet potatoes. Steamed purple ones.
    Cannot. Get. Enough.

Also:
    Chile/spicy crunchy garlic sauce from ranch99.

Fresh coconut.
    Kirkland brand chocolate chip cookie dough bars. Still :(

Yup... purple sweet potatoes are golden! Chocolate chip... love cc cookies my mom made💙💗
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    ...mental note...buy a purple sweet potato.
  • pancakerunner
    smnj0epnfoqq.png
    approx 25 calories each. bargain
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Shaved parmesan.
  • Astros Balkan Style Yogurt
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member

I seriously can’t stop.

Lately I alternate between the murasaki and the ‘purple yam’ (ube) - I steam them for days, then resteam them. Total candy. Almost like pudding.

In a bowl drizzled with straight tahini, pumpkin seeds, and a bunch of crunchy garlic/pepper oil that I’m pretending doesn’t have gluten in it (but my poor stomach reminds me.. possibly because condiments are meant to enhance... not be eaten from the spoon like I do 😳)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

I seriously can’t stop.

Lately I alternate between the murasaki and the ‘purple yam’ (ube) - I steam them for days, then resteam them. Total candy. Almost like pudding.

In a bowl drizzled with straight tahini, pumpkin seeds, and a bunch of crunchy garlic/pepper oil that I’m pretending doesn’t have gluten in it (but my poor stomach reminds me.. possibly because condiments are meant to enhance... not be eaten from the spoon like I do 😳)

om...this absolutely is something I must do!
  • pancakerunner
    I am on a swiss cheese kick lately.
  • VegjoyP
    edited September 2020
    My Leafy greens/ Avocado/ seed and pea protein smoothies
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    My Leafy greens/ Avocado/ seed and pea protein smoothies

not usually a fan of green smoothies, but the addition of avocado might make it good