cold stomach during exercise

i don't really understand. my stomach is cold when the rest of me is hot while exercising and after. i thought if the stomach didn't get warm it wouldn't lose fat is this right?

Replies

• myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Don’t worry about whether your tummy is hot or cold; exercising is great for you, but you will lose weight by being in a calorie deficit. So you need to eat less than you burn.

My bum is always cold and that’s where I store my fat! 🤣

Thank you!
  • cncolligan
    cncolligan Posts: 15 Member
    I do a bootcamp class and our instructor says if we have a cold stomach that means we are burning fat. Not sure if that is technically true but hey I'll take it!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    cncolligan wrote: »
    I do a bootcamp class and our instructor says if we have a cold stomach that means we are burning fat. Not sure if that is technically true but hey I'll take it!

No your Instructor is full of *kitten*.

You do not burn fat through exercise.

A cold body part simply means blood flow is being redirected to other areas of the body. I think you should get a new instructor if they dont understand the basics of weight loss
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    i used to get cold arms when working out - cold legs, too, if i wore shorts - from the air conditioning blowing on me. it didn't affect weight loss or muscle building in any way.