What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Two full body circuits within 30 minutes. I use 30 as my cut off or I over do it-but I love to lift circuits.

Tomorrow running intervals while pushing 27 lbs and a 10 lb stroller.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), 49 minutes silly-supersets strength training.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    drmwc wrote: »

Climbing tomorrow! 😀

I started off the day with an hour of yoga. Disaster struck - I tweaked my lower back. I gave up on the yoga, and decided discretion was the better part of valour, and didn't climb. I had quite a sedentary day.

I went to see my parents yesterday. This is 7 hours' driving to do as a day trip, so I was slightly nervous as to the impact on my back. It held up well, and I managed to be reasonably active, getting 18,000 steps in and climbing miscellaneous bits of my parents' house. (They have been in the same house for 50 years now.)

My back felt fine. So climbing tonight!

abo5l1i40m9h.jpg
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    A walk
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Ran way short on time today, so did a 24 minute quick, hard interval set on the AD Pro. Basically, did one minute easy, one moderate, one all out. Repeat X 8. Did a couple minute cool down and got back to work.

Work is crazy right now, which I won't complain about. Good to be busy again. 2nd Quarter was garbage.
  • Spam2000times
    Spam2000times Posts: 241 Member
    A 6 mile walk and one more workout to go after dinner.
  • petegurd
    petegurd Posts: 4 Member
    my day is usually the same most days.....cycle 5kms to work, 12 hour shift with lots of walking, cycle home uphill, do some bodyweight exercises and dumbbells before bed, rinse and repeat - and yes I hate gyms with a passion
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    edited August 2020
    22000 Steps and 1 hour spinning. :smiley:
  • AnnPT77
    Rowing machine, 4 x (2k on, 2' off/CD) for a total of 8727m. I'm sort of pleased with the 2nd piece especially, at 17spm, 2:33.4 average split, HR mostly below 70% heart rate reserve (which would be about 143bpm - briefly went above that, topping out at 146bpm). Regretfully but intentionally backed off pressure in pieces 3 & 4 (still 17spm but 2:37-point-whatever).
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Yesterday
    Tire Flip
    Plate Carry
    Slam ball
    6 rounds
  • MikePfirrman
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Rowing machine, 4 x (2k on, 2' off/CD) for a total of 8727m. I'm sort of pleased with the 2nd piece especially, at 17spm, 2:33.4 average split, HR mostly below 70% heart rate reserve (which would be about 143bpm - briefly went above that, topping out at 146bpm). Regretfully but intentionally backed off pressure in pieces 3 & 4 (still 17spm but 2:37-point-whatever).

That's super strong Ann. Very likely better than I could pull right now with the back. Nice work! To keep the HR in check with only 2' rest is fantastic.
  • MikePfirrman
    A slow 50 minutes today. Keeping up with what I said I would. Taking it really easy after an interval day. Though yesterday was short, I really pushed it. Today was 30 minutes on the LateralX at 60 to 65% of max HR (moderately easy) and then 20 minutes on my Assault Bike. The entire time on the Assault Bike, there was a nice sized female deer wondering around my neighbors yard eating weeds. Was a treat to watch that long, so I took it easy for that 20 minutes.
  • AnnPT77
    Rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off) steady state at <= 70% heart rate reserve, 17spm, and 37 minutes of the silly dumbbell supersets. On the row, still going for meters per stroke, which is partly push and partly patience. (Patience helps boat speed, so worth attention.)
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

That's super strong Ann. Very likely better than I could pull right now with the back. Nice work! To keep the HR in check with only 2' rest is fantastic.

That's really kind of you to say, Mike! I started too late (mid 40s) and lack the genetics to be a great rower, but it gratifying when I think I'm doing something good as measured against my own personal LW60 capabilities. I don't have your admirable drive to reach objective excellence.

I'm appreciative that someone here gets why I'd do this kind of workout, when so many think a person's "supposed to" go for high spm/low split routinely. No one ever said it in so many words, but when I look at my first coach's split goal charts and training plans, it's pretty clear that technique and power create meters per stroke, and conditioning creates the necessary combo of endurance, VO2max, and such to carry that meters per stroke up to high spm in race conditions, plus keep that rating/power combo rolling for the entire race length. In that approach, the biggest chunk of base training is lower spm, but still strong pressure per stroke; not to mention that lower spm leaves more mental capacity to tend to technique because of the longer time per stroke.

As an aside, my true rest in the intervals between 2ks is 1 to 1:15, because I row in and out, just row a little easier. This intensity level ought to be sustainable for 6k without the breaks since I'm not going hard, but even at sub-70% I sweat to a ridiculous degree even in house A/C, so I hold up better with a quick drink break between pieces, and it helps me mentally. I'd want longer rest intervals at higher intensities, not just because of hydration!
  • SukiBastet
    SukiBastet Posts: 2 Member
    I workout with Fitness Blender! Today's workout is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXB9II-u4CE

with this as extra credit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7CWF159SE
  • MikePfirrman
    @AnnPT77 -- I honestly didn't get the whole low SR thing with power until the last few years. I certainly do now. I'm hardly doing anything for performance, though, now. I'm completely just moving away from times and concentrating on my core to (hopefully) help my back. I'm glad you're staying ready for the water, hopefully soon.

55 minutes fairly easy today again. 30 on the LateralX and 25 on the AD Pro. All between 60 and 70% of HR Max, mostly around 65%. Will likely do a similar workout to a 4 X 8 minutes tomorrow, but on the bike and elliptical.

Not rowing much these days until the heat breaks. We are finally supposed to have a few days under 100 late this week/early next. Can't wait till the AMs are back in the 70s. Very soon. Then I'll see how the back feels, likely with some low DF (drag factor) rows.
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    5 mile walk. Run up 6 flights of stairs light jog walk back down for a total of 1,440 stairs, 30 minutes of tabata - 30 sec on 15 off for 6 rounds 1 minute rest between rounds: fast feet, jacks, burpees, butt kicks, high knees, and side steps off a low step.
  • Spam2000times
    Spam2000times Posts: 241 Member
    6.5 mile walk with strength training mixed in.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I joined Row House recently, which is like Soul Cycle, but with rowing machines. I LOVE it. I can burn 500 calories in 45 minutes and something about it makes the time fly by. Plus, it's not so bad on my knees.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    9iyj0c59nbbv.png
    Short n sweet
  • AnnPT77
    The usual rowing machine, 4 x (2k on, 2' off/CD) with the standard row in/out in the "off" intervals, 8943 meters total. Under 70% heart rate reserve, except for 1:12 that was up around 3bpm higher. Average 2:36.2 split, 18spm.