Recipe for protein shake

Melolson14
Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
I’m going to start doing protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. Can I get some ideas

Replies

• fleurette1320
    fleurette1320 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I like to blend 1 cup chocolate unsweetened almond milk, hemp protein, ground chia and ice cubes for a quick protein shake. You can add a frozen banana, or plain greek yogurt or both if you want it to be a bit more creamy. It's very filling and delicious.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Add half or quarter of an avocado. Game changer. Smoothest smoothie you’ll drink.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Gosh....there are just so many online to google, etc., but my suggestion is ensure that you have a good balance of protein/carb and fat. If you 'just' have fruit or just veg you will just end up hungry in a short time.

Ingredients I like might include: chia - flax seeds -hemp hearts - protein powder - cottage cheese - greek yogurt - berries - nuts/seeds or nut/seed butters - avocado - matcha - coffee - leafy greens
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    My go to breakfast smoothie is

1 cup Almond or Coconut milk
    0.5 cup Frozen Berries
    0.5 cup Ice
    0.5 cup Water
    1 scoop of Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla
    jmvizavehbfu.png

1 scoop of Unflavored Vita Proteins Collagen Peptides
    oxogbcz5fjit.png

maybe chia seeds here and there. But This every morning and I am happy till lunch.

Sometimes I am lazy and just do Naked Juice Green Machine and 1 scoop of Unflavored Vita Proteins Collagen Peptides with ice.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @weatherking2019 - how long have you taken this Collagen? Have you noticed any significant change in your joints/skin, etc??7wj4n9y6sv0k.png
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    1 cup skim milk
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    1 cup fruit
    1 scoop vanilla powder
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Chocolate Protien Whey (I use 1 scoop)
    1/2 Avacodo or 1 Frozen Banana
    2 Tbsp. PB
    1 cup ice
    3/4 to 1 cup Milk of choice (I use reg. whole)

Blend and enjoy.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 349 Member
    My favorite smoothies contain spinach, at least a handful, with a scoop of protein, choice of fruit for sweetness and ice and water. Blend until well mixed and frothy. The addition of spinach gives it a very frappe consistency. 😋
  • brendadaley92
    brendadaley92 Posts: 1 Member
    Has anyone ever used the Arbonne protein powders? I have chocolate and vanilla. Are they the same as the others listed?
    Looking for recipes to help with weight gain, need to gain 8lbs.