How can I lose a stone until New Years Eve, starting 28/8/20

Options
Hi guys just wondering how a new beginner who has struggled with his weight try and lose some weight?

I’ve always had the thought to do this and help my weight lose but have never had the motivation to do something like this. I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety these last few years and probably gained 2 stone , if you could help me with some tips and tricks and what I need to buy that would be greatly appreciated 👍😁

Replies

• benwkbailey
    benwkbailey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say I am 5”10 nearly 5”11 and 14 going 15 stone
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Simply use this app as designed to stick to a sensible calorie deficit.

Pick a moderate rate of weight loss (1lb a week I would suggest) so that you don't needlessly make a hard job harder.
    Log all your food and drink consistently and at least somewhat accurately - after four weeks you will have an idea if you are on track.
    If you have bad days or bad weeks let them go and just get back on track, perfection isn't required for successful weight loss.

Exercise for health and enjoyment but eat back the calories.

Try and increase your daily activity level - it's a great hidden calorie burner and also just a great habit to learn.

All excellent advice, especially "don't needlessly make a hard job harder."
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not magic. Its science. Using the Myfitnesspal app & website can help you set a goal and reach it.

Think about it this way: you want to form some new habits that will help you along the way. Logging your food, holding yourself accountable for how much you eat: is a good one to start with.
  • benwkbailey
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas and what I need to do you’ve helped me out massively in what I need to do thank you all
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would recommend buying a fitness tracker and setting yourself a daily step target which would increase until you are doing ten thousand a day. Try to walk outside in a nice, scenic area and enjoy the scenery. I like to listen to audiobooks whilst walking and, if you get one you enjoy, you will be keen to walk to listen to more of the story.
    You may only burn around 400 calories doing the walking but it will help with wait loss and may also help with depression.
    Once you have got used to being more active you may want to move on to more strenuous exercise.
    You should be able to lose a stone by the end of the year if you follow the program - good luck :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Considering that a stone is 14 pounds and there are still 17 weeks left in the year, set your calorie goal to lose 1 pound a week and you should make it. Remember, however, the closer you get to a healthy weight, the harder it is to drop the pounds because your calorie needs decrease as you get smaller.
  • haknamatata
    haknamatata Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Find motivation. Ask yourself: why do you want this? Best way to lose weight is keep track of your macros and find a diet you enjoy. That will make you stick to it
  • benwkbailey
    Options
    I went for my first 5km jog today burned about 400 calories and I do feel tired but there’s more to come soon
  • kiran6002
    kiran6002 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well down on making a start!