What do you eat when you're still hungry

Those who are counting macros, what do you eat when you've reached the number of calories, fat, carbs, etc. but are still hungry? I'm focusing mainly on keeping my calories within a certain amount per day, but occasionally will finish lunch or supper and find myself hungry an hour later. What is your go-to food to fill you up or snack on in-between meals?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'll have a cup of tea or coffee. If I'm still really hungry, I'll have some raw vegetables like spinach or shredded cabbage, dressed with some apple cider vinegar or hot sauce. Or if I have some sauerkraut, I'll snack on that.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    peanut butter, tea, or almond milk, or milk and honey.
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Tea, chocolate oat milk, or a square of dark chocolate

Sometimes frozen grapes or popcorn

Today I dipped some veggies in honey mustard
  • mwalker_
    mwalker_ Posts: 3 Member
    Black beans
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    I’ll eat a piece of fruit, carrot sticks with Greek yoghurt dip or (rarer) popcorn.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Animal crackers. Just a few calories worth, and I’m always low on carbs, ok on protein, over on fat.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Cream cheese with this lemon olive oil and lemon balsamic drizzled over the top 1-2 tablespoons

sicilian-lemon-infused-olive-oil-250ml-bottle_grande.jpg?v=1530417583

• supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Lately just a small amount of plain roasted almonds, I have been keeping this usually to no more than 1 oz. all day with many days Bering just .5 oz.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Low calorie popcorn about 1.5 cups
    I usually save more calories for dinner and night time snack and eat a light lunch and a moderate breakfast. With this way of eating I very rarely go over my macros
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Most of the time you're just dealing with a habitual behavior. IMO, you shift your calories by eating a little less during the day to save calories that you may like to eat at night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    First I try coffee or tea. If that's a bust I give myself about 100 calories, unless I'm craving fat or protein I usually just have veggies dipped in salsa, that's my favorite munchy snack.
  • CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    half a pack of bacon.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Care for some more gopher, Everett?

41b7a22d67d60cb7b054b4c5dee4809b.gif
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    More food😜
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    if it is after 6pm I dont eat, just drink tea or water. During the day it will be hard boiled eggs, tuna, peanut butter, celery, radishes, sardines.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    Lots of protein keeps me from being peckish. I try to get at least 125-150gr a day.

1.) water : I’ve learned I sometimes mistake dehydration for nibbly cravings

2.) hot drink. I’ve never been a hot drink drinker til lately. It takes me a long time to finish a chai latte (nearly 0 calories and delish!). It forces me to sit for at least twenty minutes to savor and enjoy, and by the time I’m done, I’m usually antsy to get on to something else and have forgotten I thought I was hungry. Plus the activity required to make one puts me in “cooking” mode. I measure, smell, mix and that gives me a “food feel”, too.

3.) I have just this week rediscovered the joys of jello. A serving of sugar free is 10 calories, a couple squirts of fat-free rediwhip is 10 more, and takes it to new heights. And for some reason, even though it has no redeeming value whatsoever besides one lousy gram of protein, I’m finding my 20 calorie bowl of jello is quite filling and satisfying.