Replies

• PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Hey y’all!
    I’m doing a cutting phase right now!
    Add me!
  • QuinnDXO
    QuinnDXO Posts: 4 Member
    Good morning! I’ve used the app off and on for years but never checked out the community til now. Have a good one y’all
  • borgdominic92
    borgdominic92 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi :)
  • jab11163
    jab11163 Posts: 1 Member
    Just starting today, time to make a change
  • kay_oxxo
    kay_oxxo Posts: 1 Member
    Hey,

New to this, will see how it goes 😊
  • jhb27
    jhb27 Posts: 4 Member
    Looking for some friends to keep me accountable for my fitness
  • timcarlton21
    timcarlton21 Posts: 1 Member
    New account and only just realised this has a community after so many years.
  • Drjoyemmanuel
    Drjoyemmanuel Posts: 1 Member
    Hi MFP members

I am so happy with this app and its features. It seemed complicated at first when I joined 2days ago for the first time but thanks to a couple of YouTube videos I watched to kickstart my journey. 😊 🤗.
    I am sure being in this community will help me better. As I need all the shortcuts I can get😉.

Have a great time on your healthy journey whether you want to gain, lose or maintain your weight. 😊

Joy
  • a01_amber
    a01_amber Posts: 8 Member
    I can’t wait to become the better me!!!
  • muscle_max1995
    muscle_max1995 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2020
    Looking to lose a few pounds and get a little more fit, but too private to really ask anyone in my life for help. That's where the internet comes in!
  • KeenLorie
    KeenLorie Posts: 3 Member
    Hello newbie here. I'm 46. Joined today. I have some weight to loose but more importantly I need to get my blood pressure under control and get off BP medication. Way to many bad side affects. I feel like crap. No ones fault but my own. I know this. I'm ready. I'm finally at a place where I know I need to do this. I quit smoking a year ago. If I can quit that I can do anything. I have to. My quality of life depends on it. I am following a book called blood pressure solution. It gives advice on diet, exercise, stress reduction, eliminating toxins, and vitamins. It's a natural way to lower BP and shed some pounds in the process. I also follow the metabolic diet ways as well. I am not super strict with this. I basically use these as a guideline. Have to start somewhere. I am all about natural ways to improve my health and absolutely NO crash diets or fad diets. I refuse to eat stuff I don't like and I refuse to starve or deprive myself. Also I will not do crazy stuff like live off of vegetables only or protein shakes. NO NO NO. I won't exercise until I drop. There is a better way. I know it. It all comes down to what I put in my body. Eating nutritious foods and staying away from sugar and alcohol and all that. Easier said than done. I know. I'm going back to the basics. I have to keep moving. Please friend me if you are like minded in your journey. Would love some company with like minded individuals.
  • worldwidecompass
    worldwidecompass Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, new here and am looking to re-engage in my health and fitness. I've never participated in a fitness forum and am looking forward to hearing how others are doing and what other tips and recommendations are out there that I can try. Cheers!
  • babeboyzgrl
    babeboyzgrl Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Everyone! My name is Denise Maley from a Hampton, Virginia I’m 52 yrs old and a widow of almost 4yrs. My weight issues started when I got in my 40s I used to gain & lose then snap right back I woke up one day and my snapper was broke UGH ! Then the icing on the cake was the death of my husband I just quit my life changed unbelievably in a matter of minutes out of nowhere. But now I’m up & moving I’m tired and I will not allow this to me for the later years of my life I’ve gotten out of hand and it’s time regain my health again. So I look forward to chatting with you all and i hope that I’m so excited to be in a group of like minded people that way I’m around people who understand my struggle and can share their experiences with me and little tricks and secrets that helped them make it through. I can’t wait to make a whole bunch new friends here I look forward to talking to you soon take care !!!
  • a01_amber
    a01_amber Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m trying to find new friends- don’t be afraid to add me! Im very nice and maybe we can share meal recipes!!
  • yumnazusmani
    yumnazusmani Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all,

I am absolutely new here. I have PCOS so it is a forced decision to actually become more health conscious in my life!
  • khammer6
    khammer6 Posts: 1 Member
    I just started after a suggestion from a friend who had some major success with this site. I must be honest - I struggle with remembering to write down what I eat. I eat emotionally and my husband overeats as well so i'm surrounded by non-healthy choices. Don't get me wrong - I don't blame other people for my own bad choices, I'm just stating my situation. I come from a family of eaters and eating is encouraged so I'm not really sure where to begin. I know I need to make a change and I need to eat less and I need to eat healthier but knowing and doing are two different things. So this is me in a nutshell. One positive thing about me is that I really like to walk.
  • stevebirch1974
    stevebirch1974 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all,

I've used the app a couple of times but only used it seriously once (back in 2013 when I lost ~20KG).

Quite a lot has happened since then. Had a little boy in 2014 and lots of other care responsibilities, and stresses. Had some mental health issues along the way (you could argue that I still do), sleep apnoea, high blood pressure, binge eating, lack of exercise. All the good stuff.

Due to some long term financial commitments, my wife and I decided I should get some life insurance. I've spent the last few days doing health questionnaires, and generally being turned down for life insurance. Pretty sobering and pretty miserable.

So here I am. Committing myself to:

- Losing weight
    - Getting fit
    - Reducing my blood pressure

I'm 46, 185cm (6ft 1in), 138.1 Kg (304 lbs). I peaked a few weeks ago at 140.1 Kg (309 lbs).

I'm here to have some accountability and maybe some encouragement.

Wishing the best of luck to everyone that is here.

Cheers
    Steve
  • TSamberlynn80
    TSamberlynn80 Posts: 19 Member
    Add me if you need motivation!!🏋🏼‍♀️🏋🏼‍♀️
  • TaraLynn1974
    TaraLynn1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi All! Starting again! Looking for fitnesspal friends to share support. Add me, and have a great day! :)
  • troglodytemk
    troglodytemk Posts: 1 Member
    Howdy! I started using this app a couple of months ago, but am only now getting around to socializing. I have some weight to lose and strength to regain after three orthopedic surgeries in two and a half years, then COVID closing the gyms. Hope to meet some of you on here and share tips and inspiration. Feel free to add me, whatever that mean.