TEAM: Flab-U-Less (September)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    daloverlyme
    September week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 200
    CW=199
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Okay, since I'm right back where I started weight-wise and losing 1% each week is in the healthy range, my goal for September is to get down to 317.5. I'd rather it be lower than that, but I don't think my weight will go lower than that this month. :|
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this challenge. I'm looking forward to working with you all this September.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now along with Lorianncorrea. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 260lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am 911 command supervisor. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • mram3582
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday,Aug.30th., officially kicks off our September Challenge! This challenge runs from Aug. 30th to Sat. Sept. 26th. So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda@mram3582

Sorry this is so late, I just now realized that Ashley put up the chat thread.
  • mram3582
    @daloverlyme THERE IT IS!!! ONEDERLAND!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • mram3582
    @TypingToaster You've got this!! We're here for whatever you need!
    @hollyberry6182 Hi and welcome!
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    Hi! I’m Elysha(Besha)! I also am married to my high school sweetheart! We have been a couple for 20 years and married for 15. I’m a SAHM to 2 girls(11 and 7). I was working at a cute little cafe/bakery in the before times but got laid off when Covid hit. 😩 I try to exercise most days but have a serious problem with staying in my calorie budget. As a result of my love of food I have been hovering between 165-170 for too long. I really need the extra motivation to actually try to limit my calories. I love knitting and cross stitching and just recently bought a sewing machine. I hope to get to my ultimate goal weight 140 someday and my reward will be a new tattoo. As of now my goal weight is 160.

I’m excited to “meet” you all and cheer you all on!! We got this!!! 💪
  • mram3582
    @beshamama Hi too and welcome! Excellent goals!
  • mram3582
    I am skipping this week's weigh in on Tuesday because I'm starting my solu-medrol infusions tomorrow. I have to admit that I'm more terrified of the medicine than the multiple sclerosis. I had such horrible side effects on just the basic prednisone...convulsions, hives, psychotic episodes, permanent sleep changes, sweating, +100lbs in a year. :s
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Sept. Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 232.6
    Current Weight: 232
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Hello all! I joined MFP in March and did the challenge for a few months then work stress hit the fan after the death of a coworker and I went back to bad habits (sugar stress eating) and gained back the lbs I had lost. I'm going back to basics which for me is lots of shakes and HIIT. I work in mental health with a non-traditional schedule so if you're looking for support at weird times look for me. My goal for September is workouts 5 days/week minimum 30 minutes and no sugar binges instead of a specific number of pounds. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    dheliason
    Sept Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 152.1
    CW: 155.3

Not a good start!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Username: goodreadsgal
    Week: September Week 1
    PW =253.3
    CW=252.2
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Hi Flab-U-Less team members!! (English is not my first language so sorry about mistakes)

I'm so happy to join the challenge. I used to be pretty active on the community and I did mfp biggest losers challenges before but it was a few years ago. I found it was such an effective way of motivating myself and being accountable!

Thank you Melinda @mram3582 for your implication as team captain, it's appreciated!

As for me, I started my weight loss journey at 194 and I lost 58 pounds total. Now I'm back to 150 and I want to lose 14 pounds.

I'm a positive person! I enjoy life a lot.
    My plan for this month will be to do at least 30 mins of exercises everyday (walking, dancing, hula hoop, tai chi, yoga) and staying in my calories budget.

I will do the daily post challenge for sure!

If you'd like to add me as a MFP friend I would be happy!

Thank you all for being here and chosing to take care of yourselves!

AND GO GO GO TEAM FLAB-YOU-LESS !!!
  • lsabeIIe
    Hi team!

Hope you all had a great day! :)

I'm not sure if it's started yet but here it is for my day!

Daily Post :

Track: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Tai chi: 10 mins
    Walking: 1h30/6km
    Comments: Happy with my day!

• mram3582
    Yes, I'll try to get back to doing these daily posts also.

Daily Post: Monday
    Track: 1/2 day, because it got too chaotic later
    Exercise: no

Well today was wonderful!! I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last week (apparently I've had it since my late teens or early 20's) and I have not been able to walk normally for around a year now. I also have widespread neuropathy, involuntary hand/arm movements on both sides because there is a large active lesion touching both hemispheres, and a lot of things that just buzz and vibrate when I move certain ways. So, I got my 1st medrol infusion today and it was like a miracle cure! Within 2 hrs. I could walk normal with no pain. I still track to the left and have vertigo, but I can pick up my feet and legs normally again! Then, I noticed that I had some sensitivity to light all day, but around 3pm I noticed that my vision is super sharp and clear like it was in my 20's! I had no idea that my vision had even gotten bad. So off of 1 dose of 1000mg solu-medrol, I can walk and see again!! Now I can walk faster and see more clearly the wall I am about to run into on my left! 😆 Now, for the heart check when all the insurance bills start arriving! If I don't drop dead from a heart attack, I'll be good for another year! What a wonderful day! Oh, and only 2 involuntary arm movements today! I also was not expecting that kind of relief and spent 20 mins in my office blubbering for joy. Some girls can cry gracefully in public....I'm NOT one of them....I turn purple and blow a snot bubble. At least they were happy tears, I just looked scary for a while :#
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    Daily Post :

Track: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    About 50mins doing a Wii exercise game
    About 10mins biking

Had a great day!
  • mram3582
    @Isabelle perfect day!!
    @beshamama wii games are the best!
  • lsabeIIe
    @mram3582
    It's great that you got this new medication! Seems like a huge relief! I'm happy for you!