Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

๐ŸHappy September, ladies! We've made it to the fall!

๐Ÿ‚What are your goals this month? Do you have any bigger goals or plans for all of fall? Is there anything you're looking forward to in the next few months or, conversely, anything you're worrying about?

๐ŸSummer wrap up: How was the summer for you? Did you accomplish what you'd set out to? Were there stumbling blocks? Was just getting through the summer accomplishment enough?

๐Ÿงก If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

๐Ÿงก In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

๐ŸงกAll are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

๐ŸงกVictories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

๐ŸLet's seize each day and make it count this September! ๐Ÿ‚
ยซ13456719

Replies

• holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    thank you orangequilt !
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Great group @RavenStCloud
    I've been lurking for a few weeks trying to get my bearings but there are so many of you and this group goes so fast that I decided I'm just jumping into the new month and I'm gonna do my best!

47yo F, married with 2 kids
    SW 219
    CW 211
    GW 175 then re-eval

I lost weight with MFP 3 years ago - from 205 which was my heaviest at the time to 175ish. I felt great and I don't know how I let it slip away - but within a year I was back over 200 and now since Covid I peaked at 219.
    I don't feel good. I'm unhappy with the way I look. I'm unhappy with my fitness level. So I'm here to do it again and hopefully stay mindful so I don't lose focus again!

Doing loose IF - basically a 12-8 eating window but I'm not super strict. I don't eat breakfast but I do have coffee. I do most of my snacking in the evenings so saying I'm done at 8 helps me not do that.

I love the gym but I haven't been since March when things closed down in NY. My gym is reopening but I'm just not ready to go back yet.

Hoping that being here will help with some accountability.
    Happy almost September everyone!
  • ladylensherr
    ladylensherr Posts: 76 Member
    Hi! Iโ€™m excited to see this group, Iโ€™m starting back up and this seems helpful.

Highest weight: 320
    Lowest weight: 175

CW:307
    9/1:
    9/8:
    9/15
    9/22:
    9/29:

Goals ~
    ๐Ÿ’œ stay on track with low carbs
    ๐Ÿ’œ walk or yoga daily
  • xofarrah
    xofarrah Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone!
    Trying to kick start my healthy eating / weight loss, and looking forward to motivating each other this month!

Highest weight: 214

CW:212
    9/1:
    9/8:
    9/15
    9/22:
    9/29:

Goals:
    ๐Ÿ’• - 8 glasses of water a day
    ๐Ÿ’• - track my food intake daily
    ๐Ÿ’• - avoid late night unhealthy eating by substituting fruit
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @RavenStCloud Thanks so much for launching our September thread.

๐ŸŒบ September is start of Spring for us. Its been quite cold so I'm looking forward to warmer weather, our houses don't have double glazing, my place is tiled throughout and the window has to stay open for our cat, so it's very chilly, we walk around in many layers with noses constantly icy, ugh!!

๐ŸŒบ Goals: log daily

๐ŸŒบ HIT training 45 mins 7 days a week

๐ŸŒบ Strength training (I haven't done much so would like to be consistent)

๐ŸŒบBe consistent with work and admin!

๐ŸŒบ Read for pleasure

๐ŸŒบ Try new recipes

• September is start of Spring for us. Its been quite cold so I'm looking forward to warmer weather, our houses don't have double glazing, my place is tiled throughout and the window has to stay open for our cat, so it's very chilly, we walk around in many layers with noses constantly icy, ugh!!

Can you take a pair of boards, put rigid foam insulation between them , and install a cat flap through that? We did that to give cats access to their condo at my old house, and that made it much more comfortable.