Options

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Saurcrout with sunflower lechithin granules!

What do sunflower lechithin granules taste like? texture?

They have a nutty- cheesy like taste depending on how you use them. I use NOW brand. On vegetables I add after steaming- I then microwave it a minute. I just started adding it to smoothies- yum!

is it like nutritional yeast?

They have a nutty- cheesy like taste depending on how you use them. I use NOW brand. On vegetables I add after steaming- I then microwave it a minute. I just started adding it to smoothies- yum!

wow...something new for me. They sound kind of like (taste) like nutritional yeast?

We thought the same thing! 😆
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options

wow...something new for me. They sound kind of like (taste) like nutritional yeast?

Yes! My thoughts exactly
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried fish sauce on vanilla ice cream and it was pretty good...
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    I made tofu with Sunflower Lechithin and cashew butter/ mixed all together. I loved it!
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Doritos dipped in the Top the Tater (for baked potatoes)

Peanut Butter & Cheese sandwiches

Peanut and maple syrup on pancakes or waffles
  • VegjoyP
    Options

The second and third aren't really weird IMO, I like the same!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options

I saw a contestant on Masterchef Australia make fish sauce caramel to go on a sponge. I have been using this recipe for miso caramel. When the leftovers in the freezer are gone, keen to experiment with soy, marmite and fish sauce.

https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »

I saw a contestant on Masterchef Australia make fish sauce caramel to go on a sponge. I have been using this recipe for miso caramel. When the leftovers in the freezer are gone, keen to experiment with soy, marmite and fish sauce.

https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel

yum!
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options

I also love peanut butter chicken! My recipe calls for soy sauce & peanut butter coated on skinless chicken.
  • acpgee
    Options

I also love peanut butter chicken! My recipe calls for soy sauce & peanut butter coated on skinless chicken.

Try this recipe. https://www.thelondoner.me/2015/05/the-greatest-chicken-satay.html
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Not excessively exotic but haven't seen anyone else make this sandwich ever: bread roll or baguette cut length-wise with cheese, sliced hard-boiled egg and a bit of salt and pepper on top. Works with most cheeses that aren't too sharp.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »

Try this recipe. https://www.thelondoner.me/2015/05/the-greatest-chicken-satay.html

Love a good satay!
  • catmama256
    catmama256 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I put mayo (real mayo) on both my burritos and my hot dogs and my french fries. Or at last I USED to when I ate those things.
  • acpgee
    Options
    catmama256 wrote: »
    I put mayo (real mayo) on both my burritos and my hot dogs and my french fries. Or at last I USED to when I ate those things.

French fries with mayo is the standard thing in the Netherlands and Belgium.
  • VegjoyP
    edited August 2020
    Options
    - Plant protein powder smashed in Sugar free jello
    I used to love putting butter on matzo with preserves and butter/ preserves on molasses cookies or grahm crackers
  • mwalker_
    mwalker_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, one of my favorite sandwiches was bologna with Western dressing & parmesan cheese
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    When I was on my "fat free" kick I used to like sugar free jelly with pretzel twists
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My wife eats cinnamon raisin bagels with herb and garlic cream cheese. I’m not sure if this is weird but I recently discovered mashed potatoes still taste fine with whipped cream substituted instead of milk. Although I prefer mayo instead of milk.

The story behind this is my wife is lactose so we don’t carry a lot of milk and we do meal kits. Sometimes the recipes call for milk and we don’t expect it. So we have been caught needing milk and we’ve tried a bunch of weird things to substitute.

I also once had left over taco fixings that I mixed with Mac and Cheese which was fantastic. Found out later it was an actual thing and they served it at the Mac and Cheese festival.
  • acpgee
    Options

https://redboatfishsauce.com/collections/shop/products/red-boat-salted-caramels-1-2-lb-bag

Fish sauce caramels are officially a thing.
  • VegjoyP
    Options
    Cauliflower minced, riced in Vanilla Almond milk, Stevia and pinch of salt!
    I saw a recipe for " cauliflower oats" with both mixed together. I just used cauliflower. Its pretty darn good 👍