period loss

i’ve lost my period after losing a large amount of weight, i’m not sure what to do to get it back. has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've had this a few times before - Stress can be a contributing factor. I didn't do anything to get them back though, I was just glad they were gone albeit temporarily!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited August 2020
    Agree with both of the above

Also if you are sexually active - it wouldn't hurt just to take a pregnancy test to rule it out
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    lucky you. wish this would happen to me, I'm almost 38, and don't want kids but my period is like clockwork.
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    I have lost my period for about 3 months but it was during a time of heavy intense exercise and stressful environment = Army basic training. They told us that would happen so i wasn't worried. The day it came back was on Thanksgiving day 😐
  • thearianadiaz
    thearianadiaz Posts: 9 Member
    i lost about 60 pounds since last year, although my period loss happened about 3 months ago
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,674 Member
    I had it happen a few times over the years, either because of stress or increased exercise (thruhiking a long trail for 6 months). I didn't worry about it because I wasn't planning on getting pregnant and besides I wasn't in a position to consult a doctor. If you care about your fertility, it would be a good idea to talk to your gynecologist.