September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Welcome @oberon21!

Congrats on 32 years @WandaVaughn !
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    p.s. 32 years of marriage with the love of my life. I am one blessed woman! <3

Congratulations!
  • kgirlhart
    Welcome @_runnerbean_ !

@scott6255 I sure hope it is better. I'm not sure how much more of these 100+ days I can take.
  • kgirlhart
    @brittanystebbins95 He is beautiful! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your husband.

@rheddmobile I think that sounds like a great idea.

@ContraryMaryMary I hope it was just an off day and you feel better soon.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,645 Member
    He’s gorgeous @brittanystebbins95. Congrats.

And good luck with the return to running - I’ve been there and it’s totally doable but yes, listen to your body, it’s not the same one you had previously. But you were so fit prior and so motivated, I’m sure you’ll be great.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @brittanystebbins95 congratulations!!!! He's so beautiful - look at that little peanut! You worked so hard. I hope you are recovering well and having a wonderful time with your sweet little one.

I'm sorry about your bad run @ContraryMaryMary! I would think off day rather than hitting any kind of real limit though. Hope your coach has some good insight, and the rest does you some good..

Welcome @_runnerbean_ and @Oberon21! Glad to have you join us!

Glad to hear that your mileage is working back up there successfully and pain free @Scott6255! Wishing you much cooler weather for September.

Congrats on 32 years @WandaVaughn. Where will you be going or your anniversary trip? Good luck on your miles for the month!

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    @katharmonic We're going to Gatlinburg, TN! Lots of pretty scenery and lots of quality time with the hubby!
    Not sure if I want to run near the cabin. Owner says a mama and bear cubs have been spotted around lately! I'm not fast enough to outrun that kind of wildlife! 😁
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    edited September 2020
    @brittanystebbins95 He's beautiful! Welcome to the world! Good luck on your recovery and take it slow and easy (not that I've ever been there or done that), looking forward to seeing you back running soon.

@ContraryMaryMary Well like they say, one bad run does not a wall make. I suspect it was just one of those days.
    So, I’ve never set up a challenge on challenge hound but it looks fairly simple - my thought was that a challenge for @PastorVincent could be set up as a team relay, with no set number of people per team, 26.2 miles to be run at any time during that week, runs, hikes, walks and treadmill counting towards the total. You wouldn’t have to use challengehound to participate but anyone who wanted could jump in either as a solo or join a team, so people doing less mileage could participate. And I really liked the idea of encouraging everyone to do an act of kindness in memory of @PastorVincent as well. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? If it sounds good I will see about setting it up.
    I think the team relay sounds like a great idea! I'll be on a business trip that week so probably won't have time for 42km, but will be happy to join up.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @brittanystebbins95 He is beautiful! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your husband.

@rheddmobile I think that sounds like a great idea.

@ContraryMaryMary I hope it was just an off day and you feel better soon.

All of this!

I would really like to be part of a team or something for the challenge, I was vaguely considering trying to total a marathon distance between running and cycling over the week because running alone would be a little bit too much for my legs to take. Have never heard of challengehound, will investigate that during a break today!

Totally fell off the wagon with eating since I read the news. Sadness about @PastorVincent combined with stress over the covid situation here and schools reopening and an anxious, terrified teenager made me stuff my face with junk. To the point that in a week I seem to have regained 1.5kg of the 2.5kg of lockdown weight it had taken me over a month to get rid of. Dammit. Must pull myself together.

@eleanorhawkins it's most likely water weight. As soon as you go back to deficit, it will fall off. I myself gained 2kg of weight last week, and lost it over the last 2 days. So many trips to the toilet! Haha.

Hang in there. It's so hard.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    09/01/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 3.1

Early morning 5k to start the month. Met up with a friend I haven't seen for a month because she went out of town and then had to quarantine for two weeks. We had a ton to catch up on so the run went quickly. It's going to be a busy day so I'm glad to have the run done.

I will join in whatever gets planned for Pastor Vincent. I don't have the time to do much but I can do 26.2 over a week.

Impressive start to the day @Faebert! Way to take advantage of your commute running time. Good luck with the 3rd run of the day - so ambitious!