What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I got completely drenched biking in a downpour on my way to padel this evening (around 40 min one way) But I didn’t turn around and blow it off - there were 3 other players depending on me to show up.

And while I felt complete sorry for myself I didn’t crave candy as a reward once workout was over. Instead I climbed back into my soaking wellies, cycled home and took a hot shower and had my planned post workout snack. Feels like a development in mindset! 6 months ago I would definitely have bargained with myself for a reward.

Kudos on the resilience! And thank you for mentioning "padel" as this is the first I've heard of it. It sounds like a fun mix of squash and tennis!!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I got completely drenched biking in a downpour on my way to padel this evening (around 40 min one way) But I didn’t turn around and blow it off - there were 3 other players depending on me to show up.

And while I felt complete sorry for myself I didn’t crave candy as a reward once workout was over. Instead I climbed back into my soaking wellies, cycled home and took a hot shower and had my planned post workout snack. Feels like a development in mindset! 6 months ago I would definitely have bargained with myself for a reward.

Kudos on the resilience! And thank you for mentioning "padel" as this is the first I've heard of it. It sounds like a fun mix of squash and tennis!!

Glad you cleared up what it is - I'm afraid I though OP had simply misspelt Paddle - lots of Paddle boarders where I live :blush: This sounds very interesting!
  • jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member
    jaroby wrote: »
    I finally figured out the sweet spot of my calorie intake that allows me to see progress at a rate that feels (and is) successful yet doesn’t cause me to feel like trash in the day.

I can’t even begin to state enough how weird of a puzzle this has been for me (and therefore how excited I am about the whole thing). I don’t know if it’s age or hormone fluctuations after 3 kids but what worked for me after child number 2 has been a total crapshoot for the last 2yrs, since having child number 3. So I guess the second NSV is that I’m not viewing these last 2yrs as a “waste” but instead I’m acknowledging the (small) progress that does exist and choosing to celebrate having finally figured out what this version of me needs.

I relate to this so hard! Over the years, I have tried eating 1000, 1200, 1500, 2200 and 2500 calories and failed each time. I finally found a daily cal intake that allows me to drop weight at a decent pace while keeping my hunger pangs in check.

Yay!! Mentally, it was harder for me to eat more and lose so slowly than it is for me now to eat less and lose at a manageable rate. Experiencing tangible success is a huge motivator!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!