Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    - soda (though I drink sparkling water)
    - coffee
    - sugar in tea
    - juice
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    mholl15 wrote: »
    Guess who's back, yup, it's me. I fell off the wagon, which I do very often but i'm back now and I strapped up a little tighter, who's on this bumpy ride with me? Let's hang on tight

Canabis. (It's legal here) Just couldn't control my eating. Welcome back^
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Everything has been easy to give up because I haven't actually given anything up. Lager used to be my drink of choice in the pub but I haven't drunk a drop for four years or so. I noticed it was much easier to control my weight if I stayed off it, so I adopted a "not today" basis. Now it wouldn't even cross my mind to order a lager. Chocolate - I barely eat it and don't miss it. But if I do eat it, it will be top quality stuff. Not mindlessly stuffing a paving slab in front of the TV. Bread - similar to chocolate. In fact I actively dislike white bread now.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ice Cream. I'm lactose intolerant, so I didn't eat it often anyway. Now, I skip it entirely.

I envy those who gave up pop/soda easily. It's a battle I've been struggling with for the last two years. I'm down to a couple per week, but there's been nothing that I've been able to replace it with that is satisfying to me (diet soda makes me nauseous & sparkling water doesn't do it for me at all because it's not the fizz it's the sugar I want).
  • Gymnasticsgirl09
    Gymnasticsgirl09 Posts: 39 Member
    I can't have carbonation now, and I thought I was basically gonna die without soda, I drank diet and caffeine free root beer a can a day usually and it didn't have any calories but now it's been like a little more than a week and I am fine now, I have been encouraged more to drink water or flavored water
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I don't know if it was easy, but the best thing I gave up was sleeping in. I'm much more consistent with my workouts if I do them first thing in the morning.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Turkey hill raspberry iced tea. It’s delicious, but it’s a glass full of flavored sugar. When I decided to count calories and I looked at what was in the iced tea, I stopped drinking it right then and there.
  • lorimiller18
    lorimiller18 Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sugar and sweets, wheat products. Wine will be difficult, try to keep it to a couple glasses every 2 weeks
  • yvonne_beavis
    yvonne_beavis Posts: 39 Member
    Strangely, chocolate, which I could eat in industrial quantities but don't crave now that I need to use my calorie allowance wisely.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    For me the easiest thing to give up was soda. I didn't/don't drink coffee, and that was always my caffeine source. Didn't want to get started on energy drinks. Don't get me wrong I still like the stuff, and will order a coke or a pepsi when out to have a good time (I drink alcohol maybe 3-4 times per year) so it's my celebration beverage of choice. I'll have one or two with dinner as long as it's budgeted in and go for broke. Initially cutting it meant I got more sleep since I wasn't kicking back a can of soda right before bed. Replacing the majority of it with water. I do drink a pre-workout before the gym, or if I'm having a bad/dragging day but good overall!

Best thing I ever did was to stop having it in the house. I don't miss it and it was so easy in the end to give up.
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    edited September 2020
    Easiest - Sugary sweets

Hardest - Beer which I allow myself once a month. There is something about beer in the summer after doing 3 hours of yard work. I still drink about a bottle of wine a week which isn't too bad considering. I have found that moderation is key. If I gave up alcohol all together, I know I would fail. I do allow the room in my calories for 2 glasses of wine every couple of days.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    118270-life-can-be-a-challenge-life-can-seem-impossible-but-its-never-easy-when-theres-so-much-on-the-line.jpg

When your health is on the line, you'll do anything to get it back. This is serious business.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    118270-life-can-be-a-challenge-life-can-seem-impossible-but-its-never-easy-when-theres-so-much-on-the-line.jpg

When your health is on the line, you'll do anything to get it back. This is serious business.

t2huopt5r2xd.jpeg
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Coke and Dr. Pepper. Drank a lot of them and I still love the taste, but Diet Coke and iced tea have scratched that itch.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Booze, soda, sweetened soy milk...

Now, I wish I could manage my social media time like I do my booze and sugar habits. :-(
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I wasn't a huge diet soda drinker but I gave it up cold turkey when I realized I wasn't drinking enough (any) water.

I've since gone back to the diet soda tho. :)

I gave up pasta and breads for a while (THAT was bad!). This was mostly when I was eating lunch in fast food joints and getting sandwiches. I switched it to just the chicken filet or whatever and a side salad to save on calories.

I still can't moderate pasta so rarely eat it.