How much do you exercise weekly?

BahstenB10
BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
edited September 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
What are your weight loss goals and how much exercise are you doing weekly?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    You can try rolling the egg on a hard surface, while putting pressure on it to break up the shell before you try to peel it. That can help.

Sometimes, the way you cook them can make them easier to peel...I put them directly from the egg cooker into ice water to cool and that seems to make them easier to peel.

Also, I have heard that the fresher the eggs are, the more difficult they can be to peel. Usually, I buy groceries that have the freshest "best by" date, but for eggs, I actually look for some that are a little older.

I use a countertop egg cooker instead of boiling them in a pot, and it's made the cooking process much easier, less hassle, and easier peeling.
  • BahstenB10
    You can try rolling the egg on a hard surface, while putting pressure on it to break up the shell before you try to peel it. That can help.

Sometimes, the way you cook them can make them easier to peel...I put them directly from the egg cooker into ice water to cool and that seems to make them easier to peel.

Also, I have heard that the fresher the eggs are, the more difficult they can be to peel. Usually, I buy groceries that have the freshest "best by" date, but for eggs, I actually look for some that are a little older.

I use a countertop egg cooker instead of boiling them in a pot, and it's made the cooking process much easier, less hassle, and easier peeling.

Thanks for your response. I clearly need some carbs this morning because I posted my egg post here in fitness and exercise and my fitness post in the daggon food group. DOPE!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited September 2020
    I am currently maintaining.

I run about 35-50 miles a week (depending on what I'm training for). That's under ten hours a week of running. Plus, I take a 20-30 minute walk each day and try to get out for 1-2 hours of hiking each week with my husband when the weather permits on the weekends. I do body weight resistance exercises 4-5 days a week, around 15-20 minutes per session.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Lifting 4-5x per week. Generally active. No cardio right now. I'm cutting right now trying to get very lean before I run a bulk to gain muscle.
  • LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    I am actively working on reducing weight so while I was focusing on my diet I have been walking daily without pressuring myself to go to the gym (ours were closed up until yesterday bc of COVID anyway.)

When I am going to the gym, I am there about 6 days per week- 3 days weights, 3 days cardio
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I'm not working on weight loss right now. I work with my Highland Games coach virtually three times a week (two one hour sessions and one 2 hour session). I meet with my weight training coach twice a week, an hour each time. I try to meet up with local throwers for about two hours once a week but that doesn't always happen.
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    I lift mon-thurs and cardio fri-sun
  • siyeonsimpp
    siyeonsimpp Posts: 211 Member
    I only really have a small daily thigh workout routine, and I don't do cardio or lifting or anything like that, but during the day I usually just practice dance choreographies, and I sometimes take walks around my neighborhood, so that's my exercise routine..
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    No weight loss goal.

I lift 4x week regardless and walk/cycle 6-7 days for cardiovascular benefits.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Walk (fast) around 2-3 miles a day, most days. Lift on stationary gym equipment 1-3 times a weekend. Log food daily, drink at least 80 ounces of water on the daily. About 15#s away from maintenance after losing 17+ since May 2020.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I am currently training for an ultra marathon. I run 12-15 hours a week. I also lift 3 times a week and do yoga once or twice. I’m not trying to lose at the moment because I can’t recover from my runs enough at this volume if I’m in a calorie deficit.

Normally I have the same schedule but run less and lose about .6-.7 pounds/week.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I do strength training three days a week, and conditioning three days a week.
  • BahstenB10
    I am currently training for an ultra marathon. I run 12-15 hours a week. I also lift 3 times a week and do yoga once or twice. I’m not trying to lose at the moment because I can’t recover from my runs enough at this volume if I’m in a calorie deficit.

Normally I have the same schedule but run less and lose about .6-.7 pounds/week.

Good for you! I could never do an ultra. I did one full marathon and that was enough for me. Half marathons were more my cup of tea back in the day. Happy training and good luck with the race! And yes, you're right about recovery and calories here. During my marathon, I actually put on a couple of lbs.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I'm in maintenance, and have been for about 5-6 years. I walk the dog 2-3 miles every day, plus do occasional short hikes, I run 5 days a week for 1-2 hours (35-40 mpw, more if I'm training for a marathon), usually do cross-training one day, and do 15-30 minutes of stretching, yoga and calisthenics a couple of days a week.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Weight loss and exercise are not related for me, in terms of goals. (Doing regular exercise does make weight loss easier for me.)

I do what everyone here suggests, I do exercises I enjoy love. Last weekend a good friend and I hiked up a ridge on Mount Baker until there was no land left, and we were surrounded by ice cap in all directions except back down. The last few miles of that ridge are called "the knife edge," it's about 3 feet wide and hundreds of feet down on either side. So much fun!! Sound track of the hike was the water melting out of the glacier and slowly turning into a river below. The views were incredible.

I ride a bike (outdoors), going down a hill through switchbacks is heavenly. In a couple months when the snow begins to fly, I'll wax up my skis and go explore the backcountry with them.

There was a time when I was trying to gain weight, I still did all this stuff. Because it's important to me, it adds meaning and interest to my life.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Maintaining at goal weight.

7 to 10 hours of cycling a week plus 3 sessions of strength training is fairly typical but my cycling volume does reduce in the colder months when I'm forced indoors.

I normally do a couple of century rides each year but the events I had scheduled were cancelled due to COVID.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

What's the distance you're training for? I just signed up for my first 50k, am very excited!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    I aim for 40-60 min of exercise daily. Quite often it is walking outdoors, but I also do water aerobics, walk on the treadmill, or an exercise video. I miss the gym and their stationary bikes. Additionally I use resistance bands or do body weight exercises to build muscle.

I have my weight loss goal at 2 lbs per week in MFP. I have lost 26 lbs since the beginning of May. I want to lose another 75 lbs. Since my daily calorie budget is now only 1260 calories, I eat back 50-100% of my exercise calories. This works for me. I read so many posts here where people slow down their weight loss goals to get more calories per day, but I’m okay going a bit over on the days I am really hungry. I’m a 55 yr old woman.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    I am striving for at least 1 to 1.5 hours a day with a combo of cardio, some light weight training and yoga
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    I probably spend more time exercising than most around here but it's all walking so not that strenuous. :) Weekdays I take a 3 1/2 hour walk outside after work along with a walking dvd in my apt. Weekends, I take that walk twice each day. More time with the walking dvd too. I also do a lot of "My couch potato self still can't believe I can't sit still" moving around.

I'm in maintenance but on the lower side of normal bmi so could probably stand to gain a few pounds.