Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and quiet.
    My workouts on Friday were Restorative Healing yoga and Jamie Kinkeade Cardio Dance PARTAAY. The cardio dance workout was a lot of fun. I'm glad I discovered her on YouTube. Sunday's workout was S&S Boot Camp.
    I used the step and one riser because my knee has been doing really well since I've been massaging my thigh. I feel the muscle imbalance again even though I massaged. I'll massage more tomorrow.

Here is the link to the cardio dance workout I did
    https://youtu.be/oCv2-yHBfs8

Laurie, great job on your workouts!!
    I haven't looked hard for a zumba workout. It bugs me that the American instructors don't talk. I know the original creator doesn't speak on the videos because he can't speak English. You would think that after all this time he would've learned to speak English.
    I don't know why Jessica doesn't come up with a fun dance workout. The closest to dancing I've found is Gina B.

Laurel, fantastic workout combo on Friday!

I'm pretty sure I misspelled Zumba because I am constantly in Zoom yoga classes! LOL
    I already switched the Fit Tower BC workout with ICE BC. I don't like that workout at all and found it annoying having to adjust the tower when I could do the move the normal way.
    Those 4DS circuit workouts are really good. I'm sure you'll do one of those workouts. I'm glad you and your DH are still walking weather permitting. It's been rainy here too.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Your Best Body Workout 2 with Cardio Rests. I don't know that the cardio was a rest, it was pretty tough. :D I didn't workout out on Saturday, and Sunday was so beautiful that I was outside cleaning up some of the garden beds. Have to get them ready for winter coming. :p

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! I saw some of the pictures that Cathe posted of them cleaning up the facility. They really are doing a deep clean on that place. I'm glad to see that they are able to open up, the fitness facilities around here have been open for a couple of months. I'm fairly sure that I will be putting those new workouts into my rotation right away. :D

Thelma, Nice workouts, and very glad to hear that you found a fun dance one. Have you looked at Pop Sugar also. I'm pretty sure that they have dance videos, but I don't know if they specifically have zumba. Good call on taking the step out, I know I did that a lot when my knee was bothering me.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was quiet, but still very nice. We had quite a bit of rain on Friday and yesterday which has the humidity up a few notches, I am definitely feeling that during my workouts right now! :p

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Cardio Abs workout followed by 45 minutes of Power Yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe Live LIHI Legs and, for a change of pace, I did a Cathe spin which was S&S Cycle Sweat. I did that because DH was using my Peloton app. :) Today was F/S Shred Cardio right into LIS Athletic Training, which was a surprisingly tough combo. I was drenched. But I still had enough in me to convince DH to take a walk before more storms show up this afternoon.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you found a dance workout you enjoy. I hope your knee is okay. I am glad you found a good substitute for the Fit Tower BC workout. I like that BC workout because it manages to make me feel like I have gotten a decent workout without weights. But I completely agree about the hassle of constantly moving the bar around. I will definitely be substituting in the 4DS BC upper body circuit workout in its place this week.

Laurie, great workout. I am not sure the words ‘cardio’ and ‘rest’ should be combined. :D It will be so weird if Cathe has a live class this week. I have grown so used to seeing her alone. As much as I am glad she is getting her business back, I must admit I will miss her solo Live workouts. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Monday's workouts were Gina B 2000 Steps, Beginner Gentle Yoga, Barre and LIS Athletic Training.

Laurie, nice workout! Funny how instructors call cardio a rest! LOL

I have done Pop sugar workouts in the past but some of them are too intense. I'll probably look there again soon. My knee doesn't like the step at all. At least I know what the problem is and with a lot of massage it feels better soon.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. The rain definitely brought the humidity back.

Great workouts!! Was your DH using your Peloton app as in playing with it to learn how to use it or actually using it to workout?
    My knee is better thank you. Athletic Training uses the step but I stayed off the step today.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Lean Body Circuits Combined Premix. I'm doing something that I told myself that I would try at some point this year. Doing some premixes and with this circuit week, it is a good opportunity to try some of the premixes out. ;) I really enjoy this one, since she does a cardio move, then boxing, legs and upper body.

Laurel, Dang on the humidity, we are having to deal with the humidity. We could use the rain though. We had our lawn treated for grubs, and are having to water the lawn. We have a well, so DH doesn't want to be watering all day long. Great job on your awesome workouts even with the humidity. WHAT!! Your DH is using the app! I hope that he enjoyed using it. I wonder if she will do some of those workout solo, if people ask for it. I know that she does those during her class time, but maybe... ;)

Thelma, Love the workouts! I think that the Pop Sugar workouts usually have a low impact person. I know that it can be difficult to not want to try what the instructor is doing. I had to do the low impact this morning on one move. It was just to much for me, so I had to take it down a notch.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 20 minute Tabata spin with Peloton right into LIS Afterburn Bonus Burn premix. It was a bit of an awkward transition as my legs didn’t quite know what to do getting off the bike and going into a squat move, but after the first few minutes, they figured it out. But just like yesterday, having that tough cardio ‘starter’ sure made Afterburn feel tough. I am going to try to stick with this kind of format for at least one more day, but I am not sure I am made for these long, tough cardio workouts anymore. :p

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you stayed off the step for Athletic Training. Hopefully that suited your knee much better. DH was actually doing a workout with the Peloton app! He did a beginner body weight workout, and yesterday he tried a 15 minute spin. It is a good start, but he is going to be derailed almost immediately as he just let me know he will be headed back to Alaska next week for the better part of two weeks. I saw this coming so I was not surprised by his news. But I also know the workouts will come to an end and whether he picks them back up....only he will know.

Laurie, great workout. I absolutely love the sound of that premix. I really have grown to love that kind of circuit workout over the last few years. I think Cathe Live has helped with that because she does so many good Circuit workouts on that platform. She mentioned last week at the end of her class that she was excited to get her class back for Live, so I don’t think she plans on doing anymore alone. But I would imagine they will need to limit the number of class members and maybe that will allow for her to continue to do some different types of workouts than she does with her full class. Yes, I was shocked when DH surprised me on Sunday morning with wanting to workout! But like I mentioned to Thelma, I am a little concerned it will be another short run at this.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Jamie Kinkeade Feel Good Dance Workout, Yoga Basics and LIS AfterBurn. I am really enjoying this week's workouts! My knee is feeling better. I think it's interesting that I can do jumping jacks but not the step!

I signed up for a yoga workshop on 9/11 from 5-8PM and I'm dreading it because of the time. It's about the 'why' behind yoga and understanding how moving our bodies on the mat affect our mind, body and heart.
    I love the instructor so I know it will be good. We're going to have two 1/2 hour pre-classes to go over the connection of postures, hearts, body and mind prior to the workshop. There may be some homework and I think some yoga too.

Laurie, good job trying the premixes! I love that Lean Body Circuits workout!

I'm going to take a look at Pop Sugar again for low impact workouts. Jamie Kinkeade doesn't have a lot of workouts so there's only so much I can do from her channel. It's a good thing we've been working out for such a long time that we know how to make things low impact.

Laurel, great workouts and good for you for pushing yourself so hard! I definitely couldn't do it. AfterBurn is a hard workout!
    I am so glad your DH actually did a couple of workouts! Too bad he has to go back to Alaska though. Is it cold there already? I hope he picks up the workouts when he returns from Alaska.

I like doing my cardio first thing in the morning. It makes such a huge difference on how my day goes. I usually go from cardio to yoga though, then I don't do my Cathe workout until the afternoon.
    Staying off the step during Athletic training helped a lot with my knee.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Body Shop Workout 1.

Laurel, Glad to hear that your legs adjusted to the workout, sounds like it was tough. I hear you on the cardio. The two I did at the beginning of the week where tough, and this morning I had to take it down a notch. I'm trying to get my DH to at least do some ab work, he is good with the walking. He has been taking Rocket for a walk during the day when he isn't busy. Dang on your DH having to head up to Alaska again. I'm sure that Cathe's classes are going to be minimal. I'm sure there will be people that will not go to the gym.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts. That is the same thing that happened to my knee. I could do jumping jacks, but the step was a no no. It also didn't like when I did the split jumps. That isn't a great time, but I hope that you enjoy the class. Since we have been getting older along with these instructors, I'm sure that people like us have sent out the request that we can't do those workouts anymore. I know at the road trip, Cathe mentioned that she had a hard time with doing all those workouts in one day. Her body had a hard time adjusting also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun one. I did 4DS Kickboxing cardio into 4DS Bootcamp Upper Body Circuit premix. Thank you, Thelma, for recommending that latter workout. I was really surprised how effective it was even with the heavier, slower lifting style of the 4DS workouts. I definitely want to try to BC Lower Body circuit someday. DH did another bodyweight workout with Peloton yesterday and we have walked every day this week. I am so hoping this keeps up when he gets home. Even in just a few days I can tell how much easier he is moving about.

Thelma, great workouts! I love the sound of that yoga class but agree on the time. But I always feel like with yoga that I am missing the key component of the ‘why’ behind yoga, and this sounds like it will answer that question. I just wish I had enough interest and patience to pursue something like what you are doing! I don’t think it is too cold in Alaska yet. DH should be there, though, to see the last leaves fall off the trees as autumn is now....and will last for the next three weeks-ish!

Laurie, great workout. I definitely pushed myself pretty hard the last couple of days. But at least my body doesn’t feel like I am pushing it too hard because at least I am not sore. But during my workouts.....I was getting pretty tired! But I think part of that is the heat and humidity. And part of it, no doubt, is being 55! :D One of the reasons I am glad DH is doing these bodyweight workouts is because they indirectly work the core with things like pushups and planks. And, like you, I think he would really benefit from strengthening his core muscles.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were a Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk workout and Revive and Restore yoga. I woke up without energy at all. My body didn't want to move. DH and I went on a little ride to NC. It didn't help with my energy. In the afternoon I forced myself to do the walking workout.

Laurie, great job with the Body Shop workout!

Interesting that the same thing happened with your knee. Those split jumps are not good either. I'm so glad Cathe isn't doing crazy high impact stuff. She can still give us a killer workout without all that jumping. I do like those step like AfterBurn. At least I know what my knee needs to feel better.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm so glad you also liked that 4DS Bootcamp Upper Body workout and that your DH did another body weight Peloton workout! Its's also great that he's been walking with you. I hope he'll get back into the routine when he returns from Alaska. Start him with the walks when he comes back! I'm glad it's not cold in Alaska yet. I bet the fall colors are beautiful there.

The yoga class is also being offered on the 12th from 3-6 if you're interested. This instructor is amazing. She has gone to India to learn about yoga and studies with gurus too. She has made me feel different about yoga.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Cardio Pump Workout 1. So just cardio this morning. ;)

Laurel, Nice that you had a chance to visit that workout, now I'm wondering if I have ever tried that workout in the past. Will have to check it out at some point. Awesome that your DH tried out another workout. I just wish that my DH actually wanted to try a workout. :D I will have to talk to him about it, because we could take a half hour and do some core work together. I don't think that I have every asked if he would like to work out with me. :o Have to admit that I could tell that my body was getting pushed to hard. I usually don't wake up during the night, and I noticed that with the two longer tougher workouts I was waking up. Last night I slept right through the night.

Thelma, Love that you could get a workout done despite the fact that your body decided to disagree. I'm glad that you where able to get out for a drive also. The trees around here are just starting to change and fall. Of course our huge black walnut will be dropping that fruit at some point, just can't wait. :p If I go to crazy on my cardio my knee will act up for a short period, but nothing to bad. It was protesting a little bit on Tuesday, so that was another reason to take the cardio down.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies!

I'm alive, but don't really know what day it is anymore!? Let's see...work has been interesting, that's all I'll say. My oldest had his wisdom teeth out last week, so I've been busy playing nurse in between calls/meetings and after work. He was doing great until last night, so we may be making a trip to the oral surgeon today. This weekend we are splitting and conquering 2 cabins at once. I'm taking my oldest to my cabin with 1 dog and my DH is taking my youngest with him, and 2 dogs. My oldest has to work Saturday and Monday, so we are just making a quick trip to the cabin. I haven't seen my parents since March, so it's overdue.

Workouts have been going well, just finishing up my KCM rotation this week. I went running once in the last week only and found myself pushing too hard, so haven't been out again. Still trying to find a good outlet for this work stress...

Thelma, thank you for sharing the cardio dance video, sounds like she's got some variety and it looks fun! I continue to look for good dance videos as I really do enjoy those a lot. Either that, or loud music and dancing around the house (that was last night's workout). I need to do more of what you do with the combo workouts...maybe if I incorporate something fun (dance) and also do some weights and yoga (for whatever reason, there is a lot of dread factor with me and yoga) I can get into a good groove. Maybe that will be my next rotation!

Laurie, you're hitting on some fun KCM workouts. I can' not believe how many pre-mixes she has (I think more than Cathe?). I made a spreadsheet of them all and the time of each one, so I can just look at the list and pick one if I'm not sure what I'm going to do that day. It's been nice! I can totally relate to your burnout at 3:30 when working from home. I'm not sure what it is, but I burnout really fast at home. In the office, I don't. I wonder if it's because I notice I work a lot harder at home than I do in the office. For me, the office has so many distractions and I'm always taking breaks to talk to someone, walk to the printer, etc. At home, once I logon, I really only leave my desk to use the restroom. Lately, even for meals someone is bringing it to me at my desk as I'm usually stuck to my headset on a call.

Laurel, great job on your workouts and also with keeping DH motivated! I am hoping my DH gets back into his workout routine again (he dropped it a few weeks ago) as I noticed a definite difference in his overall attitude and less complains of aches and pains. However, he has a personal trainer mentality, and won't let anyone "teach" him any new workouts, moves etc. I hope your humidity is starting to go down with the fall weather upon us. Ours finally is comfortable after weeks of high humidity. I love fall, so I'm happy it's comfortable and cool here now!

Tami, I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friend, those are so fun! I have a re-occurring monthly lunch with a friend I met at my first job out of college and it's so nice to catch up. When we didn't have it on our calendar we went years without seeing each other. I'm sure being busy at work makes the days fly by, but I'm sure you'd appreciate it slowing down a bit too. I can totally relate! :) I'm sure your workouts are what's keeping you pushing on each day!

Have a wonderful day! I'm not sure how often I'll be on here with work demands (we are just now going into busy season--so it's about to get even more demanding), but I'll try to pop in when I can.

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Low Impact HiiT Circuit into LIS Slide and Glide. Just like LIS Athletic Training, I don’t think I have done Slide and Glide in over five years. It was good today. I didn’t get nearly as annoyed by never getting off the discs during the first part as I remember being in the past. I checked in on Cathe’s live class today, and she was alone again. I may go a little off rotation tomorrow and do the class she filmed this morning. It is a total body workout using light weights, and after four days of really long cardio session, I could go for a no impact metabolic workout right about now. :)

Thelma, I am sorry to hear you were so tired yesterday, but I am glad you listened to your body. Hopefully you are feeling better today. The fall colors in Alaska are mostly yellow because of the number of birch trees, but it is still very pretty, especially if the mountains have any snow. That combination of yellow leaves and white mountains always reminds me of Colorado.

Laurie, great workout. That is interesting about waking up during the night because of your workouts. I admit to having horrible trouble with sleeping this week, but, being totally honest, I haven’t slept well since March. But I haven’t really paid attention to whether there is any pattern connected to my workouts, and maybe I should. I have tried working out with DH, but, like Erika’s DH, he doesn’t seem to really want any input from me at all, and it is hard for me not to say something if he is using horrible form or whatever. I mean, I am just trying to help him, but he will always respond with ‘this is how I learned when I was training for football in HS’, as if nothing has changed since 1982 when he was 17! Hope you have better luck than me with that if your DH decides to workout with you.

Erika, great to see you! Thanks for checking in. I am sorry about your DS and hope he is okay with those wisdom teeth being removed. I am glad you are going to be able to see your parents this weekend. Our humidity is still high today but it is supposed to cool off a little next week. I saw Denver is forecasting snow for next week, and wonder if you and Laurie may be feeling those very cold effects as well! I am not ready for that yet! But I am ready for my hair to be more manageable, which it decidedly is not when it is this humid! Enjoy your weekend!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry it has been soooooo long since I checked in! :(:( All is good, just busy at work day after day. We had our "month end" that felt like it was strung out for several days in a row. The evenings have been workouts, dinner, bed or workout, helping DH get ready to go for his long Fall Season, bed. ETC.

I am going to leave early tomorrow :) and head over with him for the long weekend. He promised it wouldn’t be all work. We will see. At any rate, it will be nice to have 4 full days OFF!!! I logged 30 extra overtime hours for August, so a break will feel nice. I took Tuesday off so I could catch my breath a little before going back to work, (laundry, grocery shop, etc.) My mother-in-law is going to watch Bernie while I am gone. YAY. It is supposed to be pretty warm here for the next several days so I am very thankful.

Workouts have been good! This week has been Peloton rides and shorter pre-mixes for weight work just due to time. But next week should get back to a little more "normal" since DH will be gone fishing.

I am going to read through the posts and try to catch up ~ hope you are all doing well!! :);)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I woke up feeling tired again but I forced myself to workout and I felt better again. I did a Jessica Smith Interval Training and Slide & Glide.
    Some yoga instructors always talk about the full moon about making people feel tired. This full moon is killing me with the tireds!

Laurie, that's such a fun workout! Great job!
    OMG with the walnut tree! I could send our army of squirrels to help you pick them up! LOL
    I discovered that the knee issue probably starts at my hip socket. I could feel a very tight ligament deep in my glute. I took one of my Lacrosse balls and gently lowered my butt on it and rolled over the ball and it helped tremendously with my knee.
    The thing that seems to have hurt my knee this time was Tae Bo followed by the step. Massaging the thing with the rolling pin tool and the Lacrosse ball have done wonders for me.

Erika, I'm so glad you're alive! I had the feeling you were under a lot of stress with work. I hope your son is feeling better. Did you end up taking him to the oral surgeon? I hope you and your family have a great weekend.

Good job for keeping up with your workouts with everything you have going! That dance workout I found was a lot of fun. searching for more of her workouts brought out other dance workouts so I'll have to check them out. As Laurie suggested the other day Pop Sugar has a lot of workout type. You may want to look there too. Dancing around the house is great! I think the right music makes a huge difference and that is what those so called dance workouts are lacking. The music is either too fast or to slow for the dance moves. I used to take an awesome dance aerobics class back in the 80's. I would love something like that again.
    I used to dread yoga too but I took private classes when I got here and that made a huge difference for me.

Laurel, great workouts! OMG, I felt the same way abut Slide & Glide! I didn't even remember what it was like but it was perfect for today for me.
    If you have the energy to do that total body workout, go for it! I'm usually spent by Friday.

I can just imagine the combination of yellow leaves and the white snow. It sounds so pretty!

Tami, I'm so glad you're doing well. Nice job with all that overtime! I hope you have a wonderful long weekend with your DH! Good job getting your workouts in!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Circuit Burn Workout 1, always enjoy that one. So while I was working out, my pants started to fall of my butt during the cardio session. :o Now should I be happy that they are getting to loose or upset, because they are my favorite pair of pants. :D

Erika, Hope that you are able to get some balance with work. Really doesn't sound fun if you are getting so stressed. Great job on finishing up Kelly's rotation. She created a September/October fall rotation, that was posted on the Train Smart with Coffeyfit private group on Facebook. I'm actually following that somewhat. This week was actually a good one since she had a lot of circuit workouts listed. The next few weeks will be hit or miss. I don't know if I really enjoy working from home. I know that I couldn't do it long term, because my job is very hands on. When I am home I don't want to do my job, I want to do other things that I love. :D Have fun at the cabin, and enjoy the time with your parents.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts, and have fun with the live workout! I'm sure that it will be a good one. LOL about the slide, that is one of the reasons I never enjoy the workouts that she has them in. They always seem to slide to far. Hey I have gone off the rotation plenty, so go for it. :D I just recently started to notice that if I over do the workouts, I will tend to not sleep well. Taking the workouts to under 45 min. and I was sleeping until my alarm went off. Well my DH wasn't an athlete during school, so he never developed any bad habits. I'm going to talk to him this weekend, and see if he just wants to do some planks with me. That can't hurt, and maybe he will just do them in the morning after he gets up. Can't hurt.

Tami, Glad to hear that you are doing well. That is a lot of over time for a month. Great job on getting your workouts in even though it seems that you where on auto pilot. At least you will be able to enjoy a nice long weekend, and I'm guessing that you will be stocking up that freezer again?

Thelma, Nice workouts! Guess you and Laurel both opted for the same workout. Hope that you start getting some relief from being tired. I think that we have plenty of squirrels to take care of our nut issue. :D They tease Rocket all the time. Of course he just looks at them with his happy face, and wonders when they will come out of the tree so he can chase them. Goofy dog. :D Now that you mentioned the hip, I think that I remember having that same experience. Will have to visit with that Eion again to get the hips happy again.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout wasn’t quite what I planned going into the workout room, but it was good. As I mentioned yesterday, I did Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was Lighten Up Total Body. It is a total body workout using 5 and 10 pound weights and tubing. It was good, but about half way through it I noticed she kept talking about last week’s workout, which I hadn’t done but remember being more of a circuit workout than the total body workout was.....so I added it on to the total body workout. It was a good workout called Cardio Muscle Fusion. I added on a 20 minute spin at the end just to flush everything out. Honestly, for the first time all week, I felt like I had a lot more to give at the end of my workout, but it had already gone on for an hour and 45 minutes....without a break! Of course, last night was the first night I have slept all week, so that could have something to do with it.

And the two Live workouts were not Cathe’s toughest workouts. One of the things I have liked about her teaching alone is she has a tendency to be less a cheer leader and more of a workout partner in them. In the second workout I did today she asked if anybody ever had one of those days where they feel extra tired and extra winded and extra dehydrated....and then said she was having one of those days. Boy, after how I felt doing my workouts earlier this week, I so could relate. She did mention she hopes to have her class back next week, but they are taking this week for people to get used to be working out in masks. So when the class comes back, they will all be masked up. I am going to be honest.....I am not quite sure if I will do any of the Live workouts with the class in masks. First off, I think Cathe will have to adjust the intensity a bit, especially since her class is older and Cathe will be having to cue and workout in a mask, which can’t be easy for her either. And, second, my workouts serve, for me, as an escape from the constant COVID noise, and while I have not had any problems adjusting to Cathe’s empty gym, I think I will have a hard time with a masked class. But....we will see.

Tami, thanks for checking in! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend with your DH. It sounds like you need it after a very busy month at work. Enjoy!

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad they made you feel better. I have never heard about the full moon causing tireds, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I do believe every individual has unique cycles of energy that alter based on what is going on in nature. For me, the one thing I know for sure is that when we are getting ready to change seasons (especially into spring and into fall), I always become overwhelmingly fatigued. It was worse when I was heavier and less fit, but I still suffer for about a week with exhaustion. So strange.....but since it has been happening to me for a few decades now, I just have learned to accept that is how it is going to be. But I have never met anybody else who experiences the same thing.

Laurie, great workout! And I would celebrate the loose pants! :) I think if my workouts impact my sleep it may be too much cardio and not enough strength training that does it.....so weeks like this week for me. I haven’t noticed I sleep better with shorter workouts (like my weekend workouts), but one of the reasons I keep returning to heavy weight work is because that is when my body feels its best with sleep. Unfortunately it also leaves me feeling tired all day! :D That’s one of the primary reasons I have been playing with these rotations with a lot of variety for the last year or so....to see if I can find a sweet spot of workouts that give me energy but leave me getting a good night’s sleep. I am still looking for it. B):)

Enjoy the long weekend!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and quiet. Temps dropped into the mid 50's on Saturday night! Fall is definitely in the air. I can't believe we're in September. Where did the year go?

I woke up full of energy on Sunday! Thank God! My workouts on Friday were Gina B. Low Impact Cardio, Restorative Healing yoga, Sculpted-Movement Fusion and
    RWH Lift it HiiT it Legs. On Sunday I did Gina B Disco Boogie, H&S Total Body Hammer.

Laurie, great workout! I hope the pants were falling off your butt cause you've lost weight and not because the elastic stretched out!

Interesting that you don't sleep well when your workouts are longer than 45 minutes! Do you workout after work?

I am so glad Rocket only looks at the squirrels. He's such a good boy! Our windows have a window sill on the outside and the mourning doves walk on it back and forth driving our boy cat crazy. He's always on guard by that window. The windows are tinted so the birds can't see inside. His head moves from side to side following the dove. LOL

Laurel, great workouts! Interesting on you sleeping better when you didn't exhaust yourself working out. I wonder if you're so tired that you can't relax?
    Interesting that Cathe will have the class wear masks during the entire workout.
    My yoga studio has been having classes but with a maximum of 9 students so they can be 6ft apart. People wear masks into the studio but take them off when the class starts. From what I can see on Zoom more and more people are going to the studio. I heard the studio is going to go back to regular in studio classes next week. They will also have the Zoom version available.

The lack of energy last week was strange. I of course would've never attributed that to the moon. I thought it had to do with my autoimmune diseases.
    Good for you for noticing that you get the tireds with season changes and accepting it. Sometimes our bodies just force us to take it easy.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good holiday. It didn't feel like a holiday to me except for the fact that DH didn't have to work.

My workouts today were Jamie Kinkeade Latin Fire Dance Fitness Party, JS Abs, Butt & Thighs Barre and Revive and Restore Yoga. The Latin dance workout was ok but I danced for 55 minutes and was a sweaty mess after that. Jamie is a hip hop dancer and it shows in her dance workouts. There were some moves I didn't like or I felt she was dancing too slow for the song I modified by doing my own thing.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Ours was quiet. Like Thelma, it didn’t feel much like a holiday except for the fact DH didn’t work yesterday. But since he is on his way to Alaska today, he spent a good part packing and preparing for that, so it wasn’t an overwhelmingly relaxing day either. But the weather has been late summer perfect, which is always nice. We got some walks in, worked in the yard and washed our windows, so that was great.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Power Walk into 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Sunday was Body Blast Supersets followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre. Yesterday was a 60 minute spin followed by STS Pilates-based Abs. And today was F/S Push and Core followed by Cathe Live Hearts on Fire.

I just saw that Cathe cancelled her annual Road Trip that she holds at her gym. She explained that her gym can only have 25% capacity, and for group classes, each person must have 200 square feet (which seems a lot!). But she did mention she is toying with doing a virtual Road Trip in November. I would definitely sign up for that!

Thelma, great workouts! I am so glad you felt your energy return on Sunday! I wonder if the cooler, fresher air helped. I know it felt great to me not to be working out with that humidity for a few days.....though I think it is on its way back. I think I can’t sleep well because my mind is running a million miles a minute right now. Between COVID, DH’s job, my concerns about my school teaching sister, my concerns about my asthmatic other sister who DH is now flying all over the globe every two weeks, and my concern about trying to get up to see my in-laws without any of us getting sick—all topped off with hot flashes—sleep just is something I enjoy when I get it and try not to think about it when I don’t. :D If my brain wore a thought counter, it would be off the charts. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel