New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    These are just okay. Not great but not bad. Just taste like pumpkin seeds coated with mild chocolate pb flavor. 5q4njdd9qe5x.jpeg
    zpjcx11hxdu3.jpeg

Agree
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    u45wlh7wqb5j.jpeg
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    u45wlh7wqb5j.jpeg

Game Changer!!! I am looking for these tomorrow
  • Noreenmarie1234
    ppnrkv68e3gg.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    unkjk67w4f42.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Free brownies!!! Just email them, they send you the money to buy on amazon through paypal (17.99) and then you buy it! Excited to try these since they don't have dairy in them.

Email: hello@absoluteketo.com

Just say you are interesting in being an ambassador and the brownie deal.

dzqi5dpqorvh.jpg
    jmpjbe0gzflb.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    fz4w2hekscg7.png
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    fz4w2hekscg7.png

As someone who hated the marshmallows in Lucky Charms even as a kid, this picture makes me gag 😝
  • VegjoyP
    edited September 2020
    fz4w2hekscg7.png
    Wow! I used to eat all the cereal and save marshmallows for last!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    u45wlh7wqb5j.jpeg

Game Changer!!! I am looking for these tomorrow

I found them but not gluten free 😢😞😭
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    Has anyone tried the new Built Bars? I am kind of ticked that they are higher calorie (130 vs 110 for original flavours) and also a smaller bar (49g vs 53g).

They are 22% off right now, so wondering if it's worth getting a box. TIA!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Free box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with rebate
    Just upload a photo of receipt

https://freectc.com/

a2ae686zlnwr.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    cbjfxicy00up.png
    is this really necessary?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    cbjfxicy00up.png
    is this really necessary?

Is that a rhetorical question?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    redcase wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new Built Bars? I am kind of ticked that they are higher calorie (130 vs 110 for original flavours) and also a smaller bar (49g vs 53g).

They are 22% off right now, so wondering if it's worth getting a box. TIA!

I have and I'm not sure if it's worth it unless you can buy a mixed box with all 18 flavors just to satisfy your curiosity.

I used to eat Built Bars and after a while I got tired of them. No matter what the packaging said almost every flavor tasted exactly the same. Also the texture was quite chewy and stuck to my teeth. The only thing I enjoyed from them is the Built Boost which I used to drink every morning. Needing to order more Boost is how I found out about the relaunch so I decided to give them another try.

The new texture is better; it's similar but not tacky to the point where it sticks to your teeth like the old ones. However, aside from a few bars, they all taste the same to me thus far. It basically tastes like dark chocolate with a slight hint of the flavor it's supposed to be in the background and sometimes it just tastes like the chocolate.

I wouldn't worry about the calorie increase if I were you because Built Bars were never 110 calories to begin with. Not only did the math not add up when calculating the macros but the weight of the bars always varied greatly from what was listed on the packaging. That's still an issue they have not rectified with the new bars. Some are huge and others are tiny. My German Chocolate Cake bar should have been 56g but weighed 43g and Mint Brownie should have been 49g but weighed 65g. That's a huge discrepancy; moreso than any other company I've seen.

That combined with their odd shipping issues during the relaunch and what I recently read about their COVID scandal from the spring makes them seem shady.
  • glassyo
    edited September 2020
    What COVID scandal?

I went nuts and bought 2 build your own boxes with the 6 flavors I wanted to try (and also a package of the built boost cuz the root beer looked good :)). I say "went crazy" because I can't really eat them because of the stickiness and I'm trying to not swallow foods whole :) They seem softer than normal tho.

Also, I don't like the calories increase either but the protein was also increased so that makes it a little better in my book.

Edited: They DON'T stick to your teeth?? Hmmmmm.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    I don't like the new Boost flavors. I feel like I can barely taste them whereas I could taste the other ones. I'm guessing it's the switch from sucralose to stevia but I usually have no issues tasting stevia.

As for the COVID scandal: https://www.ksl.com/article/46754738/amended-lawsuit-built-bar-fired-worker-who-raised-covid-19-concerns

• glassyo
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I don't like the new Boost flavors. I feel like I can barely taste them whereas I could taste the other ones. I'm guessing it's the switch from sucralose to stevia but I usually have no issues tasting stevia.

As for the COVID scandal: https://www.ksl.com/article/46754738/amended-lawsuit-built-bar-fired-worker-who-raised-covid-19-concerns

Thanks for the link. Well, that could go either way! :)

I'm not a big fan of stevia but I'm glad of the sucralose change. Apparently, anything with sucralose these days leaves this icky after taste for me. I wish it didn't *sigh* I really miss the danon light and fit greek yogurts. :)

And I know I would have liked the couple Bang energy drinks I've tried so far if they'd used a different sweetener. Cuz they were good otherwise!
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member

Yes! Seems like we have to wait till December.
    Really need a good place to buy all these new snacks. Anyone know of a good online store?
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    I also recently discovered the joys of roasted mushrooms, which can be easily made even by kitchen-challenged me and will keep a couple of weeks in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.

Just wipe off the dirt, slice the mushrooms as you wish and any desired thickness (I like to cut vertically through cap and stem, maybe 4 slices from each larger one), place on a pan or tray single layer and put in a 350 deg F oven for 30-60 minutes. Check maybe every 10 minutes after 30 minutes to see if they are how you like them and maybe stir them a little if you want. I use a small toaster/ convection oven with nonstick surfaces and they survive fine even if I forget to stir them in between.

You can add oil and/or salt if you want before roasting - at most I just put 1 or 2 tsp coconut oil on the pan and swish them around a little bit, but they really do fine without it.

Let them cool off before storing them, assuming you can refrain from inhaling the entire tray at once. They shrink down a lot. They will get crispier for longer oven times and I think they crisp up a little when cooling. Hard to say, I keep taste testing them out of existence.

I went from buying my usual 8oz box of mushrooms to 16oz and then 24oz .... So my mushroom intake has become much greater lately, now that there is no storage problem. I can clean and slice the whole box and keep the slices in the fridge (or even out of it) for a few hours or a day while roasting small batches. If you have a big oven, you might be able to roast them all at once.