What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    HMonsterX wrote: »
    Am i the only person who doesn't like Pizza?

I get this...I don't like most, however I do enjoy a flat bread pizza with a crispy super thin crust
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I get this...I don't like most, however I do enjoy a flat bread pizza with a crispy super thin crust

I honestly do not enjoy pizza. Even a gluten free vegan white, which would be what I would eat is not a temptation. I feel so crappy after eating pizza, even way within my calories that I stopped liking it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited September 2020
    glassyo wrote: »
    On the pie note. Not a fan of lemon meringue.

Hah! I dislike most fruit pies other than lemon meringue. :)

I'll still eat the hell out of the crust tho.

On the crust note... I'm not a fan of traditional pie crust but love graham cracker crusts :) every pie should have a graham cracker crust lol

That reminds me when I was a teenager I used to crumble up graham crumbs (or buy a box of it pre ground) and mix them with melted butter and brown sugar/sugar and eat a big bowl of it. It was like a huge bowl of just graham cracker crust. Mmmmmmm. Now I am craving it, lol.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »

I honestly do not enjoy pizza. Even a gluten free vegan white, which would be what I would eat is not a temptation. I feel so crappy after eating pizza, even way within my calories that I stopped liking it.

It took me a long, long time to like pizza: growing up, we never ate it. The first time I tried it was at age 8 at a birthday party, and to me it was gloopy, sloppy, ugly and just yucky. Many years later, probably college age, I came around to it, as people around me were eating it, and I was joining in. Same story with coffee and wine.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

Depends on your definition of pizza. When it comes to pizza I am picky
  • VegjoyP
    edited September 2020
    ejbronte wrote: »

It took me a long, long time to like pizza: growing up, we never ate it. The first time I tried it was at age 8 at a birthday party, and to me it was gloopy, sloppy, ugly and just yucky. Many years later, probably college age, I came around to it, as people around me were eating it, and I was joining in. Same story with coffee and wine.

I ate it a LOT as a kid and teen. I got tired of feeling like crap/ bloated sick after eating it. I do have one, a white pizza from a place called Manny and Olga,s in Washinggton DC, Georgetown. oMG 😋 I would not eat it now as a cegan but man if they did have a vegan fluten free one i probably might...lol
  • MrDracoMalfoy
    MrDracoMalfoy Posts: 107 Member
    I want to throw up when I smell, eat mustard.
  • VegjoyP
    Miracle whip should be banned
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

same goes for mayo too imo
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    I used to love cooked onions in all kinds of dishes. I married a man that hated onions..even cooked ones. So, I stopped adding onions to food and now I cannot stand onions and I can smell onions on people from a mile away! He ruined me!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I used to love cooked onions in all kinds of dishes. I married a man that hated onions..even cooked ones. So, I stopped adding onions to food and now I cannot stand onions and I can smell onions on people from a mile away! He ruined me!

The opposite happened in my marriage. My husband HATED the smelled of cooking onions, so I told him that I was willing to limit the number of times I cooked them per week, but not eliminate them (to be fair, he also cooks some things that I hate the smell of and I just deal with those). After a year or so, he began saying he actually enjoyed the smell. And now he cooks them himself and eats them all the time.
  • pancakerunner

same goes for mayo too imo

I actually like mayo... but miracle whip is no bueno. like a sweet mayo. gag
  • pancakerunner
    I love chili, but prefer it extra watery and super plain.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Meat and fruit do not go together in any combination.

Except tomatoes...technically a fruit, I know.
  • VegjoyP

There are physical reasons why fruit should be eaten alone
  • pancakerunner
    as the weather is getting colder...

I don't like drinking apple cider but like the smell of it with mulling spices

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

Uch I hate fruit alone. I like it on top of pancakes or waffles, with yogurt, cottage cheese, whipped cream, meat (haha), in a cake, pie, crumble. Even in wine :)
  • pancakerunner
    sardelsa wrote: »

Uch I hate fruit alone. I like it on top of pancakes or waffles, with yogurt, cottage cheese, whipped cream, meat (haha), in a cake, pie, crumble. Even in wine :)

The only fruit I like eaten alone are raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Everything else is too sweet alone
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

The only fruit I like eaten alone are raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Everything else is too sweet alone

I like grapes, watermelon and pineapple alone. That's about it. I find fruit too sour I don't love sour things.