Meat and Fruit only help

Jainzar228
Jainzar228 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all I am looking to get some help with recipes that only contain meat and fruit nothing else no veg no fish no spices etc any help would be appreciated

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm not even sure why you'd need recipes for this. Just combine different meats and fruits that you like? Without spices, additional oils, vegetables, or grains, you don't really need recipes.

Just like . . . put some pineapple of steak or some blueberries on chicken or . . . whatever strikes your fancy?

I thought I'd heard of most diets, but this is a first!
  • vickster90mfp
    vickster90mfp Posts: 6 Member
    That seems a bit limiting, but definitely recommend pineapple--can tenderize and sweeten stuff.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    I dont think there really are recipes for only meat and fruit.Just cook the meat without anything and eat fruit.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Yeah, this sounds very limiting and I wouldn’t recommend it at all if this is just a fad diet or something a personal trainer told you to do. But, here are some ideas. Since it’s only meat and fruit, there’s really no “recipe” required. No fish? Too bad, I had some good ideas.

Pork Chops with applesauce
    Chicken baked with thin-sliced apples & lemons
    Ham Steak with pineapple
    Turkey with saucy cranberries
    Ground lamb & beef with cranberries & apples
    Shredded chicken bowl with mangos, pineapple, & shredded coconut
    Orange marinated steak strips
    Chicken with a side of grapes & banana
    Bacon wrapped chicken breast with a plum or apricot reduction
    Instant pot chicken thighs cooked with coconut milk, golden raisins, & mango
  • happysquidmuffin
    Shrimp “cooked” in lime juice.

If tomato is a fruit (it technically is), then make a simple tomato reduction (aka plain tomato sauce) with any meat it sounds good with.
    Balsamic vinegar is made out of just grapes. Does that count?
    If so, then chicken with grape tomatoes in a balsamic reduction sauce.
    Balsamic-glazed steak.
    Shrimp or chicken with a raspberry-strawberry-mango-lime salsa.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member

If tomato is a fruit (it technically is), then make a simple tomato reduction (aka plain tomato sauce) with any meat it sounds good with.
    Balsamic-glazed steak.
    Well done! You should be on Chopped.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Yeah, this sounds very limiting and I wouldn’t recommend it at all if this is just a fad diet or something a personal trainer told you to do. But, here are some ideas. Since it’s only meat and fruit, there’s really no “recipe” required. No fish? Too bad, I had some good ideas.

Pork Chops with applesauce
    Chicken baked with thin-sliced apples & lemons
    Ham Steak with pineapple
    Turkey with saucy cranberries
    Ground lamb & beef with cranberries & apples
    Shredded chicken bowl with mangos, pineapple, & shredded coconut
    Orange marinated steak strips
    Chicken with a side of grapes & banana
    Bacon wrapped chicken breast with a plum or apricot reduction
    Instant pot chicken thighs cooked with coconut milk, golden raisins, & mango

These all sounds awesome.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Balsamic-glazed steak.

:D
  • happysquidmuffin

These all sounds awesome.
    🤩 lol thanks!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2020
    Maybe you are good at getting veggies and grains into your daily routine. I won't make assumptions.

For fruits I am more likely to go for raw and things I can just eat without prep. Apples, oranges, bananas, berries. Or things that need just a little prep like mango or kiwi. I don't really 'cook' with fruit.

For meat, I mostly use chicken breast. A few ideas:

Season it (or not) and then cook in a skillet with a little olive oil. I sometimes use salt/pepper/blackened seasoning, or garlic salt & pepper.

Mix some breadcrumbs with grated parmesan cheese. Dip chicken breast strips in olive oil, then coat with bread crumbs and bake. (Do not forget to log the olive oil, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.)

Melt some butter, add in some vinegar and seasonings. This makes a really good baste for grilling chicken. Flip the chicken pieces often, basting each time. I use about equal parts butter & vinegar.

If you truly do not want to cook the meat with anything else, then you may need to add a little water to the pot/pan/skillet to help it not stick, until the moisture from the meat starts to cook out. But in that scenario, almost any meat can be cooked in a skillet or baked in the oven. Just pay attention to time/temperature based on the thickness of the meat to make sure it gets done.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Don't do it. Don't limit this much. It will only work for a short time.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @Jainzar228 Come back. A few more details would be helpful. Are you having some intestinal issues with too much fiber and spices. Come back and visit.