How much do you exercise weekly?

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    I run Mon-Wed-Fri and do weights/exercises Sun-Tue-Thur. No workouts on Saturday!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    I'm officially in maintenance (year 4+), but have been intentionally losing a few vanity pounds ultra-slowly (pound a month or less) for the past few months.

In a meta sense, my exercise schedule has been the same for around 15 years, starting when I was obese. I do on-water rowing when I can (usually 4 days a week in season for around an hour); and slack off a bit in the rowing off-season (rowing machine at lower volume, and some other miscellaneous stuff_; but pretty much always include 2 days a week of spin class year round. The pandemic has messed up my happy routine, extending my off-season slack off]/irregular schedule into early summer, and putting spin class on hiatus.

The last couple of months I semi buckled down, and have been machine rowing 6 days a week (most often around 25 minutes, but up to 50ish), and lifting (dumbbells) 3 days a week. The Summer heat abated a bit recently, so I substituted a couple of 1-2 hour casual bike rides for the rowing on two recent days.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    I walk for exercise, usually pushing a stroller loaded with 50 pounds of kids (toddler and baby). For the last 3 months I’ve walked every day but one, a minimum of 30 minutes a day, usually closer to 50 and sometimes over an hour. Some days I go out for a second 20-30 minute walk without the kids for some peace and quiet.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited September 2020

In maintenance consistently for the last 5 yrs; total of 8 yrs with a 1yr hiatus when I fell off the wagon because I stopped practicing "The "Method" described below.

Goal Weight: 155#
    Acceptable Weight Range: 155-160#

The Method:

Counting EVERY calorie that I eat/drink and recording it on MFP EVERY day & weighing myself when I get up and recording the weightvon MFP EVERY day & and making adjustments in how much I eat, as necessary, in order to maintain my weight w/in my acceptable weight range.

Primary exercise: Rowing 5km EVERY day on my Concept2 rower at home, which takes only 25-26 mins/day.

Secondary exercise(s): Lifting (mainly squats & deadlifts) and doing cross fit routines (farmer walks, short sandbag carry sprints, 200# tire flipping, 8-12# sledge hammer strikes on the tire, 140-230# sled push/pulls and battle rope) also at home.

Tertiary exercise(s): Taking 2-3 mile walks wearing a 25-50# weighted vest around town and taking 3-10 mile hikes in steep hilly terrain (both w/& w/o the weighted vest) in parks near my home.

Only do the latter 2 types of exercise(s) when I feel like it, which is only about once a month at most, and exercise generally to do something that contributes positively to my health and fitness (but not specifically for weight management).
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    @sgt1372
    Impressive and inspiring
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    I aim to exercise a minimum of 1 hour a day.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    30 year old woman here, current weight 90kg, goal weight somewhere in the low 70s I think. Started at over 130kg, I have slowly ramped up my exercise over the last year or so and my current set up is:

- ashtanga yoga 6 mornings per week (only partial primary, will continue to add on as stamina improve, I used to do full primary a number of years ago)
    - Running 3 times per week (avg 100km per month)
    - Aerial yoga 1-2 times per week. This involves a lot of pulling so a great counterpoint to the push movements from ashtanga
    - Playing padel (sort of a hybrid between tennis and squash) 1-2 times per week.

I also aim for avg 10 000 steps per day from walking/running (tracking in my phone so no credit for the padel....)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    6'
    212lbs. Aiming to hit 225 by the first week of November. Then cut back down to about 10-12% body fat.

I lift 5-6 days a week. P/P/L with 20-30 minutes of cardio every 2nd day.

Will return to powerlifting for the winter and possibly carry through till next summer.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    3 Days a week running; soon to be 3 days a week lifting (alternating days). One day "off." But every day, even the off day, I try to get out of the house and walk around the 'hood a bit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    andybing11 wrote: »
    What are your weight loss goals and how much exercise are you doing weekly?

Injured right now, but when I'm healthy I usually road cycle or trail ride on my mountain bike most days...usually for an hour or so give or take...when I can I like to get out on a longer ride on either Saturday or Sunday. I work with a one on one personal trainer once per week and do band work at home on my own a couple days per week.

No weight loss goals really...
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I am currently training for an ultra marathon. I run 12-15 hours a week. I also lift 3 times a week and do yoga once or twice. I’m not trying to lose at the moment because I can’t recover from my runs enough at this volume if I’m in a calorie deficit.

Normally I have the same schedule but run less and lose about .6-.7 pounds/week.

What's the distance you're training for? I just signed up for my first 50k, am very excited!

My first 50k too! I’m excited but also...yikes! What was I thinking?!?!?!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I am currently training for an ultra marathon. I run 12-15 hours a week. I also lift 3 times a week and do yoga once or twice. I’m not trying to lose at the moment because I can’t recover from my runs enough at this volume if I’m in a calorie deficit.

Normally I have the same schedule but run less and lose about .6-.7 pounds/week.

What's the distance you're training for? I just signed up for my first 50k, am very excited!

I can identify! I'm swinging back and forth between excitement and anxiety . . . just reminding myself I felt this way for my first marathon too. :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member

I can identify! I'm swinging back and forth between excitement and anxiety . . . just reminding myself I felt this way for my first marathon too. :)

Exactly. And now I’m just a few weeks from a 26 mile “training run”. Yikes! But also ... exciting! LOL.
  • Spam2000times
    Spam2000times Posts: 241 Member
    I do not want to lose any weight. I maintain my current fitness level by working out 30 to 45 minutes a day, 7 days a week.
  • johnweaver22
    johnweaver22 Posts: 3 Member
    39 now and promised I would see my abs again at 40 after not seeing them since I was 19. Training 5 to 6 times a week. 4 powerlifting sessions and then some walks and core sessions. Always trained my whole life but also ate like a pig too. Time to clean the diet.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    I have list 70 a d would like to lose 10-15 more. I lift weights 3-4 times/week and skate or cycle 2-3 times/week, depending on the season. However, I exercise for fun, fitness, and health. I eat for weight loss.
  • Female , 27 years old.

I use to dance for more than 2 hours each day during my highschool years and during college. Since I started working fulltime, I have fallen off.

I know I enjoy dancing and weight lifting but, during quarantine my resources are limited to space and affordability. I aim to work out with 1 hour and 20 mins because that is how much my patience allows for now.

I try for working out 5 days with
    TRX training 30 mins.
    Hiit workout 30 mins.
    Kukuwa Dancing (african dance) 15-30 mins.
    Yoga deep stretch 15 mins.

My other two days I reserve it for tennis and rollerskating. It's active skills I always wanted to learn with my nieces and boyfriend. (Stop falling on my toosh now while my niece is skating circles around me haha :D)

There are days that I have fallen off or reduce mins on one aspect of my workout and compensate with another aspect. However, this routine works for me and I get quiet a boost after some of my sessions.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    I love roller skating but I haven’t been a long time. I grew up skating outdoors but where I live now, I go to an indoor rink. I believe it has opened back up. I’ll have to see if any friends want to go. 😀
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    edited September 2020
    suzij27 wrote: »
    I love roller skating but I haven’t been a long time. I grew up skating outdoors but where I live now, I go to an indoor rink. I believe it has opened back up. I’ll have to see if any friends want to go. 😀

Apparently during quarantine, retail couldn’t keep enough inline skates and roller skates on the shelves / in stock. I’d love to pop a pair of skates back on! Love it.
  • JadeMC42
    JadeMC42 Posts: 25 Member
    BahstenB10 - I'm getting older and my metabolism is slowing down but my career depends on my ability to complete arduous workouts. So I have to exercise quite often. I do a running and strength circuit Monday, lifting Tuesday, weighted run and circuit Wednesday, calisthenics and cardio Thursday morning followed by weights in the afternoon, weighted hike on Friday (this week) and usually power walk for low impact on the weekends. If you count the power walking im looking at 8 or 9 depending on the week.