TEAM: Flab-U-Less (September)

Replies

• beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    @mram3582 That’s great about the new meds! 💕💕
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I have been using MFP off and on for a few years. Back in December I decided I needed to make some lifestyle changes. I was over 300lbs and feeling terrible. I have high blood pressure & pre-diebetes. I knew I needed to make some changes. So I started doing intermittent fasting and using MFP to track my eating. I have lost 70 lbs so far and my AC1 has gone from 6.1 to 5.7. And I feel great. I can't wait til I go for bloodwork in a few weeks. Hoping my numbers are even lower and I can stop taking some omedications. cstions. I started keto last month because I hit a plateau. And it has been working. I have been helping Melinda as co-captain when I can. If you'd like you can send me a friend request and my diary is open.

Welcome everyone & good luck!
  • lorianncorrea
    @mram3582 I'm glad you got a medication that is giving you relief.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Hi again!

Daily Post :

Track: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Walking: 1h40/8,17km
    (I enjoy walking with my boyfriend because he walks a lot faster then me and it's a good workout to just keep up with his pace!)

Comments: I'm satisfied because it was a difficult day for me and I managed to do it all! So I'm proud!

Hope you all had a good day!
    See you tomorow!
    Keep up the good work!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    @lorianncorrea You're doing amazing girl!! Keep up that hot streak!!
    @isabelle Super duper workout trooper!
  • mram3582
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Track: yes
    Calories: over-boy did I fail today :(
    Exercise: no-but my heart rate is so high from the steroids it is like exercising.

So today was great as far as new things I can do! I can now get into the passenger's side of the car with no problem and walk up stairs. The insomnia and sweats are terrible but worth the trouble. I got about 1 and a half hrs. of sleep last night....3:40am..."why are there so many songs with Vaseline references from my generation?"....4:45am...yep...I have definitely found the weird side of the internet. 5:20am...damnit!!...The steroids make you super hungry too and I was expecting it, but I failed miserably today trying to not overeat. I wasn't horrible on calories, but I am trying to stay off the salt because these steroids make you retain water so bad that you have to take lasixs with them...so....1250mg over on Na for me :s Oh well....at least I can walk again!! :)
  • mram3582
    Thank you for all the well wishes too! I hope everyone here has a great month!
  • beshamama
    Exercise: yes

I did my normal workout of Adventure Ring Fit(why is this game so fun? 🤣) and rounded it off with about 15mins on the rower. I ordered some shoes from a store in my downtown area and they came in the mail but they still had the security tag on them 🤦‍♀️ So I biked to the store to have them take it off. So much for contactless shopping 🤷‍♀️ But hey I got a bike ride in which was nice. But then I overate cause I thought I had the calories. Ended up playing dance dance with my daughters to make up the difference.

All in all a good day but I need to figure out how to feel fuller longer. I hate feeling hungry. Anybody have any tips for this? I drink lots of water throughout the day. Maybe I’m not getting enough protein?
  • beshamama
    @mram3582 I know 2 Vaseline songs. The Stone Temple Pilots and The Flaming Lips songs....how many other ones are there?!

Hope you have a great month too! Hope you are able to do many more things as the days go by and that the side effects get better 💕💕
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    How does everyone track strength/weight workouts? I've noticed when I add just 1 exercise (like dead lifts) it does not add to my tracked minutes for exercise and I would like it to. Is there a better way for me to track, maybesomethingmore general? Thanks!
  • lsabeIIe
    beshamama wrote: »

All in all a good day but I need to figure out how to feel fuller longer. I hate feeling hungry. Anybody have any tips for this? I drink lots of water throughout the day. Maybe I’m not getting enough protein?

@beshamama
    Feeling hungry is an unpleasant feeling indeed! As you mention, protein and water helps, at least it works for me. A trick that also help me a lot is brushing my teeth! :o After I brush my teeth it always seems to help reduce my apetite! Good luck ! :)

Gold6767 wrote: »
    How does everyone track strength/weight workouts? I've noticed when I add just 1 exercise (like dead lifts) it does not add to my tracked minutes for exercise and I would like it to. Is there a better way for me to track, maybesomethingmore general? Thanks!

@Gold6767
    I know what you mean!! When I was lifting, I would used either "Circuit training/general" or "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)". Weirdly, you can find these in cardiovascular section.

Have a nice day everyone!

• Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    @Isabelle thank you! I'll use those instead, easier than listing every single exercise anyway
  • mram3582
    @beshamama Another great day! Yes, eating protein will help keep you feeling full for longer. I also second the brushing teeth and using mouthwash. I do that because 1-I'm lazy and don't want to do it again. 2-EVERYTHING tastes nasty after mouthwash! :s The vaseline songs of the 90's: I'm 39 so I was late 80's to mid 90's music genre: besides STP & the FL....there was Icecube, Elastica, Shoesize of the Angel, something from Green Jelly, and Bush had one about Glycerin....I don't know why I have such random ponderings at 3am? I'm gonna blame it on the medicine! :D
    @Gold6767 I don't track exercise other than high cardio on mfp, but I don't eat back more than a 3rd. of the exercise calories because mfp overestimates everything like crazy. I do keep up with strength training reps/weight, but not on mfp. I is just easier to keep a little book for personal reference.
  • mram3582
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no, my blood pressure is still skyrocketing from the medicine. I'm hoping the lasixs will help by tomorrow.

Great day though! I got a lot of stuff finished and housework done now that I can move around easily. It still feels like I have done moderate/heavy exercise while just doing light stuff since my blood pressure is so high. I just kept it slow and steady. I kept my Na down so that it takes the hard work off of the lasixs. I'm getting stronger every day though. The only thing that has gotten a little worse is the vibrations when I tilt my head forward (I feel like an electric toothbrush) I doesn't hurt, so I can live with it...especially since I can walk again! :) The bad news I got today is that my 80yr old grandmother has Covid. So far, she is doing ok. She has the slight cough and she had the fever for 3days, but it has gone away. But yes, she did go to the hospital and it was a positive test, so we're all still praying for her. <3
  • lsabeIIe
    Daily Post :

Exercise: Yes
    Tai chi: 10 mins
    Running: 30mins/4km

@mram3582
    I wish the best to you and also to your grandmother! <3
  • beshamama
    Daily Post
    Track:yes
    Under calories: um maybe? I was at exactly 0
    Exercise: yes

Did my Adventure Fit, Dance Dance. Went for a walk to get coffee. Made sure to get protein in every meal and I don’t feel hungry!

@miram3582 sending you and your family my love 💕💕
  • mram3582
    @Isabelle @beshamama Perfect days for the both of you! Keep it up! Thank you both for the well wishes also! We are really needing all the well wishes we can get right now! It seems to be working! :) Here is still hoping that everyone has a wonderful month too! <3
  • mram3582
    @hollyberry6182 Wowzers!! Killed it dead, set it on fire, and dropped it in a hole somewhere! Go you!!
  • lorianncorrea
    Lorianncorrea
    Week 1
    SW: 239.6
    CW: 239.6