New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member

These are nothing great, just taste like mini larabars. They are SUPER tiny and not satisfying at all. aeji8jjdr8j7.jpeg

Any bar (including Larabars) can easily be made mini... Just break in half or thirds or quarters and stash the remainder in a snack zip bag or any other container. I wrap them up in cheapie foldover sandwich bags and secure with a spring type clothes pin myself. If needed for travel, just knot a plastic bag with the portion you want so they are easy to carry. Or use little 1-2 Oz containers sold for DIY baby food.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    edited September 2020
    glassyo wrote: »
    What COVID scandal?

I went nuts and bought 2 build your own boxes with the 6 flavors I wanted to try (and also a package of the built boost cuz the root beer looked good :)). I say "went crazy" because I can't really eat them because of the stickiness and I'm trying to not swallow foods whole :) They seem softer than normal tho.

Also, I don't like the calories increase either but the protein was also increased so that makes it a little better in my book.

Edited: They DON'T stick to your teeth?? Hmmmmm.

Quoting myself...

I'm eating one of the new apple almond crisp built bars. It's very non sticky so that's good but there's not much taste to it. The chocolate overpowers everything else (not a bad thing in my book) and it's seriously, seriously softer than the old formula.

160 calories, 18 g protein, 6 g fiber.

Edited to add: After rethinking, there *is* an appley crispness taste from the bar. It's sort of the taste you get from mint without it actually being mint. I'm still tasting that taste. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    ard8bi88mp13.jpeg
    gq8hu668jobb.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2020
    Has anyone tried the ONE vegan bars? (carrot cake, banana nut bread, and cinnamon churro) Wondering if they are any good since they are so expensive.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2020
    We were just talking about these so I thought I'd share. Eat like a women bars (usually insanely expensive so I never buy) are on sale only $19.99 (or 18.99 subscribe and save) a box plus there is a 5 off coupon on amazon so only $15(or 14) a box. Cheapest I've seen them! Any flavor too!

4s65h9lmrugb.png

https://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Protein-Peanut-Butter-Ancient/dp/B07BNB3H46/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=eat+like+a+women&qid=1599184898&sr=8-2
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Has anyone tried the ONE vegan bars? (carrot cake, banana nut bread, and cinnamon churro) Wondering if they are any good since they are so expensive.

The carrot cake and pb are so-so but then again I'm burned out on bars after working at Vitamin Shoppefor 5 1/2 years....lol. haven't tried churro.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    We were just talking about these so I thought I'd share. Eat like a women bars (usually insanely expensive so I never buy) are on sale only $19.99 (or 18.99 subscribe and save) a box plus there is a 5 off coupon on amazon so only $15(or 14) a box. Cheapest I've seen them! Any flavor too!

4s65h9lmrugb.png

https://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Protein-Peanut-Butter-Ancient/dp/B07BNB3H46/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=eat+like+a+women&qid=1599184898&sr=8-2

Thank you for this! Also, I tried the One Vegan Banana Bread and Chocolate Peanut Butter bars when they first came out. I remember them being edible enough to finish the bar but not so great that I'd continue to repurchase.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ffm9bbaitm4h.jpeg
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    The new texture is better; it's similar but not tacky to the point where it sticks to your teeth like the old ones. However, aside from a few bars, they all taste the same to me thus far. It basically tastes like dark chocolate with a slight hint of the flavor it's supposed to be in the background and sometimes it just tastes like the chocolate.

I wouldn't worry about the calorie increase if I were you because Built Bars were never 110 calories to begin with. Not only did the math not add up when calculating the macros but the weight of the bars always varied greatly from what was listed on the packaging. That's still an issue they have not rectified with the new bars. Some are huge and others are tiny. My German Chocolate Cake bar should have been 56g but weighed 43g and Mint Brownie should have been 49g but weighed 65g. That's a huge discrepancy; moreso than any other company I've seen.

Thanks for the thorough reply, I appreciate it.

Yes, I had noticed that about the sizes of the bars, I always had to weigh them ahead of time!

• pancakerunner
    i3kchch79bk0.png
    tmhdxqyd7b1s.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Thanks for the replies about the one bars guys. I don’t think I’ll spend my money to buy them unless I come across the singles in stores for cheap.

Mmmm this sound so goodpv5jmbmyoyv4.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Thanks for the replies about the one bars guys. I don’t think I’ll spend my money to buy them unless I come across the singles in stores for cheap.

0 calories
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member

0 calories

O everything. I'm surprised it doexn't say per 0 cup serving.
  • leelovese
    leelovese Posts: 1 Member
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

The chips are great!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    glassyo wrote: »

0 calories

O everything. I'm surprised it doexn't say per 0 cup serving.

It wont be out until december so they always have the prototype box image with 0 calories LOL. How amazing would it be if they could invent some real 0 calorie good tasting cereal.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    well now...I guess if food now doesn't have calories, I've officially died and gone to heaven.
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    I tried a few flavors and really liked them!

• pancakerunner
    These are so good!! I’ve been on an animal cookie kick lately. Really sweet buttery vanilla bday cake flavor. It almost tastes like they have frosting. They have the flavor of funfetti frosting.

31 (30g) cookies is 140 calories nntpv7ubp48o.jpeg
    0q3z4kxnbos2.jpeg

I love these!