Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I found myself down another pound this morning, not something I expected. I am trying for maintenance so it is mixed news. I just upped my calories to a 1600 a day target a couple of days ago, and am hoping for no gain no loss. Another pound won't hurt me.

My goal to day is to get to the gym, exercise, and more importantly to stay on my maintenance track!

You have done an amazing job...thanks for sharing your journey with us!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Hey folks not been in for a couple of weeks, work was unusually busy whilst I was covering my colleagues leave.

Anyway she is back to work now and I have a more normal workload, so I can focus a little more on myself again.

Today's goals
    • Cycle to/from work
    • Aim for 5000 steps
    • Do some laundry
    • Pick up parcel from garage (new body pillow :) )
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Thanks Connie, and thank y'all for having me.

My goal today is to eat well and stay on track, already been to the gym for my exercise.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    eliezalot wrote: »

9/2
    • Hit calorie goal again
    • More anxiety prevention
    • Drink enough water
    • Do something fun for myself (start a new embroidery project, read, find recipes for this weekend, etc...)
    • Yoga?

Not a bad day all in all.

9/3
    • Eat at or below maintenance today. It is shaping up to be a stressful day (woke up to an email that my boss is being laid off due to restructuring). While I would love stress-eat the day away, I'm going to try to hit my deficit goal, but allow myself up to maintenance calories if I want them.
    • Drink water
    • Hard boil some eggs for snacks
    • Go to bed early
  • conniewilkins56
    Thanks Connie, and thank y'all for having me.

My goal today is to eat well and stay on track, already been to the gym for my exercise.

Would love to be your friend but I can’t seem to get the request to go thru...could you please friend request me if you are accepting friends!...thanks
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    9/3:

Walk for 90 minutes
    Bank all my exercise calories (500)
    Teach 2 classes (Accounting)
    Run errands Take dog to park
    Be REALLY nice to my wife.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Today's goals
      [*] Cycle to/from work
      [*] Aim for 5000 steps
      [*] Do some laundry
      [*] Pick up parcel from garage (new body pillow :) )

Today's To Do
      • Cycle to/from work
      • Aim for 5000 steps
      • Do some laundry
      • Keep on top of general housework

Weekend To Do
      • Clear out some more clothes
      • Do some eco-bricking
      • Hoover apartment
      • Take bike in for safety check/service
    • Lots of cooking!
      Batch of fudge cookies
      Loaf of banana bread
      chicken a la king
      rice to have it on
      pork chops baked with mushroom gravy
      baby potatoes to accompany chops
      green beans with onion and bacon
      All to go to in-laws to feed them for next week.

Also I need to make a quichecake with ham and swiss cheese and peppers and onions.
    • Ccricfo
      Long walk with Darwin (dog)
      Grocery shopping
      Grading my class
      Call my brother and mother
      Save my exercise calories
    • conniewilkins56
      Ccricfo wrote: »
      Long walk with Darwin (dog)
      Grocery shopping
      Grading my class
      Call my brother and mother
      Save my exercise calories

AND be very nice to your wife lol
    • eliezalot
      9/3
      • Eat at or below maintenance today. It is shaping up to be a stressful day (woke up to an email that my boss is being laid off due to restructuring). While I would love stress-eat the day away, I'm going to try to hit my deficit goal, but allow myself up to maintenance calories if I want them.
      • Drink water
      • Hard boil some eggs for snacks
      • Go to bed early

Weekend goals are minimal. Between work announcing a massive reorg, and family stress (my grandma is quickly detioriating), my goal is just to get through the weekend with as little additional stress as possible.
      • Eat around or below maintenance
      • Hit up the grocery store
      • Drink water
      • Do something for fun
      • Take a walk or bike ride for mental health
    • alligatorob
      Today I want to eat right, and get some work done in the yard. I am building a canoe/kayak rack, hope to get it done today. In the end if I eat right the canoe rack doesn't matter so much.
    • We're going to take food to Boyfriend's parents and then go up to a shoe store, get him properly fitted, and get some new shoes for him. He got a lift and started wearing it in his shoe and it has readjusted his entire back for the better. But, as he said, no one ever looked at his back since he was 17 and they said, "Well, it's not quite serious enough for back surgery now, but you'll get there eventually." He had a brace for scoliosis, and still has a noticable kyphosis, and when I look at him he definitely has a high shoulder and a high hip. The lift in his shoe levels out his hips and helps a lot with the back pain.
    • alligatorob
      My daily goals, to eat right and get some work done around the house. Sounds modest, but if I can do that I'll be happy.
    • conniewilkins56
      My goal today is to stay on track sometimes one hour at a time....continue resting my very sore ribs and try to prepare dinner tonight if I am moving around ok...if not, Publix baked chicken for dinner!
    • Ccricfo
      My goal today is to stay on track sometimes one hour at a time....continue resting my very sore ribs and try to prepare dinner tonight if I am moving around ok...if not, Publix baked chicken for dinner!
      w
      Connie: Hope you feel better after that tumble....sounds like you must be a VIP of Publix by now!
    • bobsburgersfan
      bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,274 Member
      Today's goals:
      Finish laundry.
      Pay bills.
      Spend 15 minutes cleaning the dining room table. (The catch-all spot for stuff that comes into the house.)
      Eat healthy foods and don't cave in to the whim to go buy junk food.
    • Ccricfo
      Today:

Finish grading last weeks assignments and prepare lessons for coming week
      Take Darwin out for another walk before it gets too stifling hot
      Water vegetable garden and harvest peppers (jalapenos and bell peppers)
      Catch up on phone calls to family members
      Stick to my calorie budget!!!
    • conniewilkins56
      Ccricfo wrote: »
      w
      Connie: Hope you feel better after that tumble....sounds like you must be a VIP of Publix by now!

I bet someone in our family is at Publix 6 days out of 7....
    • eliezalot
      • Eat around or below maintenance
      • Hit up the grocery store
      • Drink water
      • Do something for fun
      • Take a walk or bike ride for mental health

Eating was pretty good - ordered from our favorite szechuan place on Friday, did ribs in the smoker yesterday, and did tostadas tonight. I've been good about staying hydrated. Husband and I did a 24 mile bike ride this morning, and I spent the evening embroidering. Keeping busy and relaxing!