Should I get Lipo??

2»

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    @Diatonic12
    I know someone who had lipo on her legs. The fat distribution gets weird afterwards. Any fluctuations in weight shows elsewhere. Like arms and abs. And now her legs look lumpy and uneven.
    I did one cool sculpting session on my lower abdomen 2 years ago. From the before and after pictures you see on line, 1 should have gotten me to where I wanted to be. I’d say total waste of $785. I wouldn’t do it again.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Talan79 Thanks. You know, I've heard that more than once about cool sculpting. Throwing your money down another rathole. Lipo - mashed potato arms and legs. :p Ain't nobody got time for that either. My mother wants cool sculpting for the gobblers knob and the warbler, underneath her chin. B)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Jarice12 wrote: »
    I have been using MYP and exercising like crazy and have lost 38lbs in 14 months. I still have 20ish to go. The thing is, the roll of fat on my abdomen WILL NOT BUDGE!! It’s right under my belly button and it is the only place I have not lost inches from. I’m getting discouraged. I think it’s here forever even if I lose the last 20, so I think I need to liposuction it. Anyone lose their weight and not lose that stubborn roll? Is lipo the only way? Anyone lose weight and actually get a flat tummy back on their own? Its not really stomach, it’s the abdomen area. Ugh. Advice please and thank u!

So late to the party...what did you decide? I'm thinking about this myself. I originally got to my goal weight and still had the fat pad on my and and jiggly arms...

Then you've got more to lose. Don't pick a goal weight. Pick a goal look
  • Diatonic12
    @springlering62 There are several threads, what would your superpower be. You've found yours. The half has not been told the way you make people feel. I can only imagine what you're like in person. Keep inspiring us.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @springlering62 There are several threads, what would your superpower be. You've found yours. The half has not been told the way you make people feel. I can only imagine what you're like in person. Keep inspiring us.

Hahahaha!!!!! My daughter says I’m the most negative person she knows. But thanks!
  • jessef593
    edited September 2020
    @springlering62 my apologies. I wasnt attempting to sound rude.

Been giving people the same answer for years and I've just gotten to be cut and dry. Because that is the hard truth. If you still have fat its because you haven't lost enough. Picking a goal weight is one of the worst things you can do. It often leaves beginners disappointed. Which is unfortunate. I only use my weight as a gauge to see if I'm moving in the right direction. And currently that Is up
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    @jessef593
    Oh no, you weren’t rude at all.

It was honestly the “reluctant” truth. When I got to my first and even my third goal weight, I realized if I wanted to lose certain problem spots, I needed to keep going.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    @springlering62 my apologies. I wasnt attempting to sound rude.

Been giving people the same answer for years and I've just gotten to be cut and dry. Because that is the hard truth. If you still have fat its because you haven't lost enough. Picking a goal weight is one of the worst things you can do. It often leaves beginners disappointed. Which is unfortunate. I only use my weight as a gauge to see if I'm moving in the right direction. And currently that Is up

One of @springlering62's implications, I think, is that we (perhaps especially people like her, and me, as women of a certain length of service as same) recognize that sometimes people, perhaps especially women, perhaps especially young women, think they have major fat when they really have, at least in part, a misperception.

Generally, I agree with you (@jessef593): If someone truly has an undesired level of fat, it's because they haven't lost enough fat yet. . . as long as they're seeing themselves reasonably accurately. And picking a goal weight out of the air is not a good approach: Could be too high, could be too low, don't know until close to there.

Still, some are calling their relaxed triceps part of their fat . . . which of course they aren't. But literally every woman I've ever met in real life who complained about "upper arm fat" ("bingo wings", "bat wings", etc.) was including her actual triceps in that perception, once I showed her how to find the difference. (Was there zero fat there? Not necessarily. But there was *always* substantially less than she thought.)

Same deal with the thigh thing, when sitting, that @springlering62 mentioned. Some see that spread, and call it fat, when it's in significant part that relaxed hamstrings flatten and spread a bit under the weight of one's legs.

There are other examples, like women associating the slight abdominal swell that comes with having a uterus as "fat" that's preventing her getting "a truly flat belly" (like XYZ instagram fitness influencer who lit/posed/photoshopped her femaleness out of the pictures).

These are partly perception problems, not strictly just fat problems.

And that's without even getting into the people who think they still have fat, when they're down to pretty minimal fat levels in reality, but look slack and flabby to themselves because there's not much muscle there at all to create the look they really want.
  • Diatonic12
    Your body rearranges itself like a crazy woman moving furniture. I lurve that!
  • jessef593
    @AnnPT77

So kind of along the lines of slight body dysmorphia. Yeah I hear you. I struggle to find jeans that fit as I have larger than average quads and you can see that they are muscle when I'm standing. However when sitting they look flabby as heck.

People associate relaxed appearance as looking fat. When all these influencers are highly photoshopped and also receiving chemical aid. Which Is not a problem. However misleading is.

But personally i think liposuction is a mistake as itll all come back before long since they haven't resolved the actual issue. Themselves.

I do find it interesting as for men it's the opposite. They almost never see themselves as big enough and always feel lesser than others.
  • Diatonic12
    @springlering62 I've shared your wisdom with my mother and all of my aunts. They're crazy women who move their furniture constantly. We think you need to write a book.