What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• Spam2000times
    Spam2000times Posts: 241 Member
    Drinking a second cup of coffee. ☕️
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings Posts: 5,545 Member
    edited September 2020
    Goin through old stories, lookin for stuff that I never finished. It's amazing how old some of these are, a few that I've seen so far I got a little ways into and I have no idea how I was planning to finish them.

If anyone wants to read any light-horror or anything of the sort, slide me a DM and I'll send something your way (just tell me what you like).

This is so cool :) What's the oldest writing you have? Isn't it funny to read back on some of it 😄

I used to have a box filled with my musings... short stories, poems, diaries along with a bunch of other tokens and mementos. Every once in a while I'd sift through everything and just reflect. Unfortunately my ex destroyed it all... sorry for the rant, I was just discussing this with a friend and your post reminded me of it.

Heheh, I think I've kept *everything* since I started screwing around writing fiction in...2009 or so. My first stories were cringeworthy, but I was proud of some of them at the time. It's painful to read them now, but that's growth, right? At this point it's painful to read stuff I wrote just a few years ago. Ah well :D Some of them endure though, but definitely not all of them, heheh.

I was really prolific in the beginning, the crazy thing to me is I'm finding stories that I 100% forgot I wrote. Arguably, most of them are forgettable...stuff I did for exercises, etc, that really aren't that good. THAT's been fun though. I'm still sorting them, hopefully I can get through all of them tonight

How about when you write something... high (on life or otherwise) and think it's the most profound revelation, until the next day... Lmao!

Hope you enjoyed yourself last night 😊
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Searching up lavender fields in Michigan. I hope I can hit one up while I'm up there

me too, :) because vicariously living through your travels.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Goin through old stories, lookin for stuff that I never finished. It's amazing how old some of these are, a few that I've seen so far I got a little ways into and I have no idea how I was planning to finish them.

If anyone wants to read any light-horror or anything of the sort, slide me a DM and I'll send something your way (just tell me what you like).

This is so cool :) What's the oldest writing you have? Isn't it funny to read back on some of it 😄

I used to have a box filled with my musings... short stories, poems, diaries along with a bunch of other tokens and mementos. Every once in a while I'd sift through everything and just reflect. Unfortunately my ex destroyed it all... sorry for the rant, I was just discussing this with a friend and your post reminded me of it.

Heheh, I think I've kept *everything* since I started screwing around writing fiction in...2009 or so. My first stories were cringeworthy, but I was proud of some of them at the time. It's painful to read them now, but that's growth, right? At this point it's painful to read stuff I wrote just a few years ago. Ah well :D Some of them endure though, but definitely not all of them, heheh.

I was really prolific in the beginning, the crazy thing to me is I'm finding stories that I 100% forgot I wrote. Arguably, most of them are forgettable...stuff I did for exercises, etc, that really aren't that good. THAT's been fun though. I'm still sorting them, hopefully I can get through all of them tonight

How about when you write something... high (on life or otherwise) and think it's the most profound revelation, until the next day... Lmao!

I'm usually the opposite with stories. I hate everything while I'm working on it, hate it when it's done, then sometimes months (or years) later I'll read it and be like "dang, I shoulda done something with that, it's actually not bad!"
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member

oh this . and how about making a vocaroo while , er, somethingsomething, of a song for a pal, then realizing there's combinations of cats meowing and nails on the chalkboard instead of an ACTUAL voice coming out of my mouth the next day :D
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Searching up lavender fields in Michigan. I hope I can hit one up while I'm up there

me too, :) because vicariously living through your travels.

Haha I adore you ❤
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Eating cookies 🍪

7klupbr19dme.jpg
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    drinking espresso,
    so far the only coffee I’ve found that doesn’t upset my stomach these days.
    I feel lucky to have it. 😊
  • Goin through old stories, lookin for stuff that I never finished. It's amazing how old some of these are, a few that I've seen so far I got a little ways into and I have no idea how I was planning to finish them.

I'm usually the opposite with stories. I hate everything while I'm working on it, hate it when it's done, then sometimes months (or years) later I'll read it and be like "dang, I shoulda done something with that, it's actually not bad!"

Yes! I have hours of free jam sessions with my old band recorded and listening back always makes me feel this way.
  • MiNinaLisa wrote: »

oh this . and how about making a vocaroo while , er, somethingsomething, of a song for a pal, then realizing there's combinations of cats meowing and nails on the chalkboard instead of an ACTUAL voice coming out of my mouth the next day :D

I auditioned for my last band in this state...lol. I popped over to their club house after a night of partying and proceeded to crawl across the floor and climb the drummers kit all while screeching like a savage cat 😨 The next day I was MORTIFIED. But... BUT... I still made the cut and fronted that band for almost 10 years 😆😋🥂
  • _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    9hiqqdpmxfer.jpg

At the park with my boy... swinging away 😊

Love this! 😊❤️

Swinging is literally on my top 5 list of favorite pastimes.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Eating cookies 🍪

7klupbr19dme.jpg

Those are a thing! I gotta find them.
  • emmakent1004
    emmakent1004 Posts: 6 Member
    Just got home from work. I’m starving but the kitchen is busy so I’m laying in bed with a snack and waiting to get proper food!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Taking a break from housework and watching one of the Matrix movies and wondering why we don't see people fighting with tridents much. They are a good weapon.
  • honeybee__12
    Trying really hard to avoid nodding off.
    If I close my eyes for just a minu............... 😴
  • honeybee__12
    edited September 2020
    Thinking about Val Kilmer.
    I watched an interview recently and was so saddened by it.
    I had no idea the turn his life took.
    When I saw him I was instantly thankful for my life.

5sjtn6vknr9u.jpeg

• brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Watching Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure while making ‘tater salad for a cookout thus evening.
  • char2point0
    char2point0 Posts: 784 Member
    Making pumpkin, cheesecake bars 😍🤤n6ckl6jwxodx.jpeg
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    8afyz001skis.jpeg

dyed a bunch of rope, waiting for it to dry