Motivation!! What do you like most about working out?

Options
I love the feeling I get when working out even before I workout I'm like a kid in a candy store.i love the after feeling and the feeling out stress relief and the feeling of conquer and progression!

Replies

• dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    For me it's two fold. 1) I'm happier after working out from the release of endorphins. I'm a guy that has to move to be happy, but I work a sedentary job, so working out scratches that itch and makes me more pleasant to my family. 2) I love to eat. A lot. Working out allows me to fit in that occasional treat that prevents me from falling off the wagon by allowing more calories, but also makes me second guess the choice as to whether or not that extra slice of pizza is worth the effort I've put in/ effect on my progress, or is it better to save it for another day or a different decision.
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    During a workout I like when I feel strong and my form is good. Afterwards I like that sore muscle feeling that leads to a nice stretch/ recovery day. It's a good way to pass the time too!
  • jbboom23
    jbboom23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Number 1 and 2 are spot on!....and dsc the extra slice of pizza is always worth it!
  • jbboom23
    jbboom23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    it's amazing what working out can do for a person.and I love the soreness sometimes a little to much cause when I don't get that feeling I feel like I didnt do anything
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    jbboom23 wrote: »
    Number 1 and 2 are spot on!....and dsc the extra slice of pizza is always worth it!

Agreed, but at least I now think twice about the pizza before I eat it :neutral:
  • AK121730
    AK121730 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love taking the huge ball of stress from my day and sweating it out. Endorphins are my addictions that I chase every day.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like the achievements - slowly increasing running speed, conquering moves in yoga and advancing my padel game skills. I just realised that I actually rarely think of these as workouts but instead look at them as my hobbies - a more positive association in my mind.

I do see a correlation between being physically active and making better food choices and that’s something I low key appreciate the too.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    I had to google padel games. I thought you were dictation challenged but I see it’s a real thing. Learn something new every day!

For me, it’s being presented a totally new yoga position and being able to do it the first time and improve it the second is a rush.

It’s such a joy to master things I couldn’t do ninety pounds ago.

I’m not young, but I try everything presented. I feel like everyone turns to me with a surreptitious “well, if she can try it, so can I” look, and they do.

I’m great for class participation, lol.
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    What I love most is the high I get to keep with me the rest of the day! I can have a rotten attitude leading up to it, trying to come up with any tiny little reason NOT to have to do it, all while I’m lacing up and pairing my headphones! Ten minutes into that run I am always so glad I chose discipline over my whiny inner child! Six miles later I am amped up, stoked to eat back my calories, and putting on somethin cute!🥳
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love the endorphin high and just feeling so much looser and lighter afterwards. And the next day if I’m a little sore, I’m like “Oh! That actually did something!” Lol