Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    deniners2 wrote: »
    I've been 152 for almost 3 weeks. I've also been snacking/eating a lot at night.
    Good for you for being stable if that is the weight you want to maintain at?
    And I hear you with the snacking. I have always wondered if my body senses the oncoming winter and tries to get my weight up for hibernating! Anyway, you are not alone...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    deniners2 wrote: »
    CW: 152

I don't know if I should do Sept or not. I'm not focused on weight loss now as I'm still trying to adapt to a new iron eating plan. I've been eating about 1800 cals, and I've been 152 for almost 3 weeks. I've also been snacking/eating a lot at night.
    According to your weigh-ins, you have been 147.5 for the last 3 weeks. Is there an error? In any case, it seems to me the time when you are snacking and eating a lot at night is the time you need to stick with this the most, even if you don't succeed. Try saving the snacks for 1-2 evenings a week and only if you do not snack the other nights. Figure out something to do instead - soak your feet, cream your hands - do a Leslie Sansone video - whatever you can think of!
  • jugar
    Fruity Friday - I had my usual apple, but also a half a nice big juicy mango. Both in plain nonfat yogurt with 8 almonds - my usual breakfast, but with mango instead of blueberries. Yum. And an afternoon grapefruit. I find they are a good snack - the sourness leaves me wanting nothing afterwards, and the pain in the neck preparation (I peel and section them) makes it take a while and not be something I just grab and eat mindlessly.

Week one almost done! Saturday weigh-ins:
    @theweeonemfp
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @tobeme3
    @spyro88

Still due from today:
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215

What would you want for next week's challenge? All ideas welcome :smiley:
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    @jugar Im going golfing early in the morning. I’m not going to be able to weigh in. 🙁
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    PW: 95kg
    CW: 93.9kg
    LTD: 4.1kg

I am very glad to have had a loss this week despite my ankle meaning I’ve only had one gym trip :)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    @micki48 Friday steps 3,200. Pretty sad compared to Thursday! I’ll be setting up my low impact elliptical motion device later this weekend. That should help me move more while studying. It’s even useable beneath the desk!
    It’s been hard to connect online this week but once the dust settles from the start of the semester, I’ll get it back into my schedule.
    Happy weekend, everyone!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    We had a surprise visit from some good friends who live 7 hours away. They pulled their trailer into the yard Thursday evening and spent the night. Spent the evening under the stars around the fire pit sharing great memories & catching up. Al fresco breakfast Friday morning and a round of golf before they headed on their way to visit family. It was one of the most normal feeling things we have done in quite a while.

Then I had a really intense back session at the gym in the afternoon so I am taking it a bit easier today. Although looking at the forecast I need to get all my onions pulled before Monday as it looks like the first frost is right around the corner :(
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Sorry it’s late... currently in a car driving from Ohio to my new home in Georgia.. It’s been a crazy week to say the least!! And I had a gain but it is what it is I’ll fix it

CW-158
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    @micki48 It's all good. Look at you meeting your 9K step goal this week! Nice job.
    @Terytha I'm going to give your chocolate pudding smoothie a try! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend and I have Monday off. I'll be looking for somewhere different to go walking this weekend with my husband, as I'm getting tired of the same old neighborhood trails. He grilled hamburgers last night - but how can having a hamburger derail a week's worth of good eating?! :( I wasn't happy when I got on the scale this morning. Is it the bread? Ugh. Anyway, I'll be extra diligent today.

Question for anyone - is this Leslie Sansone workout something I can find on YouTube? I'm wondering what guided workouts people are doing that are free to try. Thx
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 193.2
    CW 193.2
    LTD 30.3

I’ve hit my 9k daily steps every day this week and I intend to today as well.

Enjoy your Saturday.
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Wowzers! What a great hike. I plan to get a little, new one in this weekend. Nothing like yours but a hike. 👏🏼
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Sorry it’s late... currently in a car driving from Ohio to my new home in Georgia.. It’s been a crazy week to say the least!! And I had a gain but it is what it is I’ll fix it

CW-158

@SMcFall0215 I have been thinking of you and your move. You will be fine. Moving is hard work. Give yourself some grace. You’ll work it off unpacking. Hoping all goes smoothly the rest of the way. Check in when you can.

@BaileyCat88 I would say just give it time to get out of your system. No reason you can’t have a hamburger from time to time. That scale weighs everything. It will be gone soon. Let us know what your hike is like. Aren’t you in Southern California? Anywhere near Torrey Pines? Love that hike. 🏋️‍♀️ I found Leslie Sansome on YouTube. Lots of videos. My dr just told me about something else called HASFit (Heart and Soul Fitness) Haven’t checked it out yet, but she said there are lots of different workouts.

@eggfreak Any more thoughts on a future Zoom? We could chat and the randomly say a word and all get up and do some exercise. 🤣😂...or not!
  • jugar
    OH NO!! I forgot it was Stepping Saturday. I have not been getting to it at all! The rain stopped - going out for a walk right now :grimace:
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    @BaileyCat88 I would say just give it time to get out of your system. No reason you can’t have a hamburger from time to time. That scale weighs everything. It will be gone soon. Let us know what your hike is like. Aren’t you in Southern California? Anywhere near Torrey Pines? Love that hike. 🏋️‍♀️ I found Leslie Sansome on YouTube. Lots of videos. My dr just told me about something else called HASFit (Heart and Soul Fitness) Haven’t checked it out yet, but she said there are lots of different workouts.

Thanks so much - I'll check those YouTube videos out! I live near Seattle :)

This discussion has been closed.