Anyone here hesitate to share their goal weight?

13»

Replies

• beachbody4l
    beachbody4l Posts: 208 Member
    Right now my aim is to get back to 116 but my final goal has always been around 107. That number usually scares people so I don't bring it up.
  • dhcurtis22
    dhcurtis22 Posts: 13 Member
    Male 6'1 trying for under 200 but gotta a long ways to go! I think my next goal is 225 which I haven't seen since 2011!
  • yes, I do not typically share my goal weight because of comments I have gotten about being "too skinny". I am 5'5" and wish to be at 120. I am most comfortable at that weight but did not maintain it because I allowed myself to feel pressure to gain weight because I listened to criticism from other people. I agree with sijomial that perceptions are skewed because of the overweight general population. Once I came to this conclusion, other peoples opinions no longer mattered.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    yes, I do not typically share my goal weight because of comments I have gotten about being "too skinny". I am 5'5" and wish to be at 120. I am most comfortable at that weight but did not maintain it because I allowed myself to feel pressure to gain weight because I listened to criticism from other people. I agree with sijomial that perceptions are skewed because of the overweight general population. Once I came to this conclusion, other peoples opinions no longer mattered.

I totally get that. I agree there is pressure to be bigger than you need to be.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    yes, I do not typically share my goal weight because of comments I have gotten about being "too skinny". I am 5'5" and wish to be at 120. I am most comfortable at that weight but did not maintain it because I allowed myself to feel pressure to gain weight because I listened to criticism from other people. I agree with sijomial that perceptions are skewed because of the overweight general population. Once I came to this conclusion, other peoples opinions no longer mattered.

Very true...other peoples' opinions don't matter. I worked with two women that said I was so small I'd blow away on a windy day and guess what, one was obese and the other one was significantly overweight and Type II diabetic. Yet, I never said a word to them... One could argue that as a society we just get fatter and fatter and it's all good because we're accepting it as a norm... To each their own but mind your own. I am sure you will be happy and confident at your goal, which is in no way outrageous but reasonable and sustainable and most likely healthiest.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    Yes I am. Now you see why I hesitate.

Mind if I ask why you set a goal weight opposed to a goal look? Your weight is no ones business. Nor should it be something to centralize around. It's a number. Unless you're unhealthy. Then whatever. As long as you are happy with how you look.

I'm currently 212 at 6' and think I look tiny. Why do you choose to go so low?

Well I have been big plenty before and I have always wanted to get very lean.

You can be very lean at 180-190. I normally sit at around 10-12% at that weight. Itll just require some work and itll be much more comfortable than for lack of a better word being a stick at 160

To be frank your word choice kind of sucks. A negative connotation regarding a perfectly healthy weight goal is unnecessary. Not everyone wants to look like you.

I'm not here sugar coat, I appreciate you saying something however. It takes courage and I respect anyone willing to call me out. And my apologies. I'm here to share my experiences.

Also my apologies. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to look like me. Just trying to show op that goal weights arent good and can be unhealthy..because it can result in a fixation on that number opposed to what they actually look like. It could potentially be an eating disorder if all they focus on is that number. I'm saying this from concern and experience

Just my pov- if the OP’s goal is in a healthy range, and he’s not exhibiting disordered eating/thinking, it’s not necessary to project negative experiences on him.

That being said, I believe your concern, and appreciate your follow up response.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    My goal is 160, it's still higher than what it should be but still a good goal. I'm 54, 5'4" and weigh 181 currently.
  • hilla1996
    hilla1996 Posts: 19 Member
    my goal weight is 125 pounds or 57 kilograms

right now I am around 135

It is really hard because I have zero self control when it comes to my diet.

I am 5"7
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    hilla1996 wrote: »
    my goal weight is 125 pounds or 57 kilograms

right now I am around 135

It is really hard because I have zero self control when it comes to my diet.

I am 5"7

You might want to start your own thread for this, but I will comment anyway :)

Since you are only 10 pounds away from your goal weight, you do actually have a LOT of self control.

Don't try to lose those 10 pounds too quickly - that could set you up for years of yoyoing. Your weekly weight loss goal should only be a half pound per week.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @jessef593 Understood and appreciated.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I don’t hesitate but I also don’t care what anyone other than my doctor and I think of my weight goals.

And FWIW, my BF is 6’0” and weighs 160 and I happen to think he looks quite lovely. When he gets up to 165, he has a bit of a pot belly that bothers him.

He won’t be winning (or even entering) any bodybuilding competitions-but that’s not his thing (or mine). He’s plenty strong enough to regularly wrangle 100+ pound chunks of metal at work and enjoys biking/hiking/adventuring.

Build matters and so does lifestyle.

My son is 6’4” and weighs 145. He is quite thin and gangly, but also works a very active job and even with a lot of liquid calories, he struggles to consume enough to gain. His doctors would like to see him gain some weight but he’s healthy.

I wouldn’t even blink at a 160 goal for someone 6’0”.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I talk to my husband and doctor/NP about my weight and goals. If anyone asks what I weigh, I don't mind sharing, but I don't usually just volunteer that info. I'm pretty much at goal and within a maintenance range.