Serial Starters

Replies

• ethelbonnie
    ethelbonnie Posts: 17 Member
    Hi!

Lana- I'm actually in the Pacific Northwest, where we have a beautiful 2-3 months of summer, and 9 or 10 months of rain and grey skies (they said we had our dreariest winter in years this past year). I've been toying with the idea of moving to Arizona where my partner is going, but again, that won't be for at least a year and a half and anything can happen in that amount of time. But I look at it as being WAY TOO HOT for a couple months vs. 9 months of dreariness, so it's super tempting.
    The use of grams is because (I think) it's easier to get more accurate or more incremental weights than you can with ounces. I don't know if that makes sense.

Sara - I'm glad you got a compliment at work! Also, I'm super glad you're getting your steps in with dancing- I think dancing is an essential part of being human. Music, too.

Runa- I get you on the water thing. When you're not used to it, it really does feel like a bit of torture choking it all down. My only advice is to keep bumping up the intake gradually. I've gone from about 2 cups a day to 12 over the last couple of months. I'm still terrible about it on the weekends, getting 2-3 cups on a Saturday or Sunday. Having access to the water cooler at work really helps me.

Have a great rest of the day, however much is left of it where you are!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Lynn, cboys are playing music we recognize for a change. Low impact but high calorie burning dance steps classes ( so we dont feel like a truck hit us tomorrow morning) on tap after the appetizers and drinks.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    hvh2mhbggdtl.jpeg
    *** September 4th ***

Good morning all -
    I'm looking forward to days where the highs are not in the 90s. Walking will be so much easier with cooler temps.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2020
    Good morning,

Today is upper 90's Saturday low 100 and SUN/MON is 110 ish Tuesday is not much better. There are people who dont have the day off so send kind thoughts. Water/water/water - I also watched a video on how to best deal with it as a neighbor posted it some good tips. Use an a/c not a fan - I also know where our local cooling center is.....

FRIDAY yippee!! Thank you Lana for getting us started. Walking is wonderful when it is mild out.

Wonderful piece of non store made cake last night I am sure helped the scale, but I have only had this bakery's cake a couple times in my life ($$$$) so I was going to enjoy it.

FB page my jewelry resource had a live sale and I bought pretty stones to decorate instead of jewelry. No calories....

8zim6xszcm6s.png

fgzw8fqjirrw.png

couldnt decide which one to use -

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    0vqsl3sa10gy.jpg
    *** September 5th ***

Wow, there is nobody here at the Cabana Club!

Just stopping' by to say "hey".

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

My computer was hijacked by the Microsoft update.... it took forever.

Cabana club is open dont worry.

I bought a steak so I can get it grilled at the neighbors bbq and use for steak salad. Temps after today 102, will be crazy until Tuesday 111,109,106 so I really would rather not make quiche until Tuesday.....

We are having a rare heat advisory very high temps and 20% or less humidity it really sucks your energy away and then you get inside and sweat like you ran a marathon - lots and lots of water.

I am trying to get my afternoon nap in but we shall see.

Thank you Lana for starting us - ready for some good dancing music with the cboys?

• Rocoup
    Rocoup Posts: 669 Member
    This is my second time round :(
  • LanaCabana537
    0zrl319xb5zc.jpeg
    *** September 6th ***

Good morning everybody 💛

I hope that everyone is having a decent weekend.

Sara - those are some awful high temps you are being dealt right now. Take good care of yourself! 🤗

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Kathryn and Maureen and Runa and EthelBonnie and Missy and Rocoup and anyone else who stops by today 👋🏻

*waving to Philippe for a half-caf refill ☕️*

Lana

260.6 today
    263.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Slept in because I can and I was out late....

No bbq last night or today too hot so I will have to figure meals. They had pizza last night and wowie the scale is telling me.

9am already 80 boy, I have a load of laundry in. I will let the heat dry the sheets and put the rest in the dryer.

I will spend my day drinking water and sleeping if I can. I have a to do list as well. 110 today and tomorrow yikes luckily they are indoor things.

• Tilliesmommy1
    cheeseburger casserole is in the oven. Not sure when BBQ will be with the heat and the smoke/ashes etc, so I needed to preplan something.
  • LanaCabana537
    k5u5oe5ivjos.jpeg

Happy Labor Day - September 7th 🎉

It's a holiday, so I dusted off the old pink donut! It is made of wax and is not edible. 😄

Sara - another scorcher for your area. My sister down in Redwood City has no air conditioning, so all day she just lays on her bed with a bag of ice, a big tumbler of water, and watches Netflix. Something about the horrible wiring in her old house has prevented her from getting air conditioning. Crazy!
    So Sara, you please take it easy, especially with the smoke!

I am waiting on pins and needles to find out today whether or not I must drive to Illinois on Thursday and Friday. I am kicking myself for overestimating my abilities to help out the family. Why do I think that I am still 35? Gah.

Waving to everyone who stops by today.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Yes it is still morning. Slept in because I could. Weight is okay and has been worse. Drinking so much water it is crazy but needed.

Thank you for my Monday start Lana - sprinkles on anything is a deterrent so it is pretty though.

Saw footage of people actually going into a lake for fear of a big fire about 5 hours south. So with that smoke in the air and partly cloudy skies (GOOD for firefighters higher humidity of any kind helps) I am playing hermit. Why cant your sister get a window unit a/c?

Nice that you are wanting to go help family in Ill. You have a couple of days to figure things out??

• LanaCabana537

Sara - I got a text, so it is certain that I am needed in Illinois. I will be flying though. They need to call me to round out details, but I think I will be traveling Wednesday or Thursday. I need to know when to book my flight for....

There is something wonky about the ancient knob and tube wiring in my sister's house that she says she can't put a window unit in her bedroom. Although I am more of an electrician than she is, she was, at one time, a rocket scientist, so I never argue with her....

That is scary about the fires and the people in a lake! How terrifying for them. 😰
    Stay safe Sara 💖

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    could not get past the image of pancakes in my head so I made 4 large ones and will have 2 today for dinner and 2 for freezer. Apricot and Blackberry jam (not together on my pancake) is my sweetener.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Cannot get relief from inside temps until tomorrow. It is as hot outside as inside. I need to go close the windows. We do have a light breeze, not good for the firefighters sadly but it will mean cooler temps tomorrow.

Gee did I just have 3 days off?? Almost doesnt seem like it but I know I slept a lot which helped. Monster does not come back until Thursday so that is a gift.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Love long weekends - really wish they could always be 3-4 days! Did lots of gardening as it is starting to wrap up for the year. We luckily have mid 70's most of weekend for temps - my perfect weather.
    Sara - enjoy your monster free days. I agree with those fire stories being horrifying....I hope for relief soon.
    Lana - Hello - not sure when you are traveling - but safe traveling wishes coming your way!
    Waves to all! Including the newbies. I have some thread catching up to do here :wink:
    Lynn

CW 195
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 2020
    Hey there all~~

Hi Sara - thanks for getting us started today. Enjoy your Monster-free work day.

Lynn - Pleeeeze send some of your WI temps out to Sara!

I am cleaning and organizing. Flying on Thursday.

Waves to 007 and everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    iihoz0k0zbg8.jpeg
    ***September 9th ***

Good morning all~~

I made sure I posted my weight here; later in the week I will chuckle (or wince) when I weigh myself on the very old style scale that my in-laws have at their house. I couldn't even find a photo of one online. Its dial is on a vertical post that is roughly 3 feet tall, so I have to push my belly in with my hands in order to see the weight. 😳

Lana

261.2 today
    263.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Thank you Lana for getting us started. I remember you saying your in laws have a different weight scale. When do you go?

Lemon cake is out of the house finally. I took a piece big enough to make a couple more servings and that was enough.

Windows are open air quality is unhealthy but no longer hazardous and it is cooler outside again first day since Friday..... feel like a stewed prune.

One more day monster free. o:)

Yesterday instead of taking my after work nap I created a large ball of odds and ends colors for my friends rainbow colored shawl (not done in the actual format of a rainbow but it means it is many/all colors). I will not have to worry about that for awhile and just sit and knit worry free.

Can not walk outside so portion control and water is my plan today.