My "petty" reason I hate corona

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I contracted covid 19. Praise God I have had a mild case and I already know I have SO much to be thankful for. I also know that Corona virus is a major issue and there are many huge and important reasons to hate it. But- do you have a petty reason? Mine is that for about the last 10 days I have been over the worst part of the illness but just haven't felt quite well enough to do anything much at all and my eating has been lower than it should be too because I can't taste or smell very much yet. So I've felt like all this effort I've put into gaining muscle before Corona is down the drain! I can actually feel my muscles shrinking away! I know its petty but it drives me crazy!

Replies

• dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited July 2020
    My petty reason is very petty - especially since I find your 'petty reason' to be pretty valid!

I have a huge 1/2 gallon mug that I typically fill up at a convenience store/gas station on the way to work w/ Coke Zero. I love fountain Coke Zero. Now stores are not allowing refills, so I can't fill my mug. Instead I am drinking 20 ounce bottles or occasionally getting a 44 oz styrofoam cup of fountain soda. So my garbage cans are filling up with bottles & cups.

You cant pour the pop into your own container out of the store supplies cup??? If you are drinking convenience store pop, you are wasting a cup anyway.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    My new petty reason is that there is apparently a shortage of regular sponges (no scrubbie). My Walmart has been out the last two times I went and Shaws is out as well. Yes, I do still see them online, but for ridiculously high prices.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I miss the symphony and plays, and the fun of dressing up and going to see amazing performances. I finally moved to a city where I could do these things and now everything's shut down.

I miss the SCA. Again, I got my life to a place where we could make garb and the three of us could start going to events, and....the entire year is pretty much shut down.

I'm a homebody and an introvert anyway, so it's not as bad to be stuck at home, but part of the fun of home is going away and coming back to it with new things and experiences to talk about. And that's not happening now.

It also doesn't help that in November my boyfriend was seriously beaten and assaulted (yes, it happens to men too) and because of Covid he's had real trouble getting therapy and we've sort of been having to half-*ss it ourselves at home. I don't want to be his therapist, I want to be his girlfriend. But I can't blame therapists for not wanting to do in-person visits. (sigh)

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971

So sorry to hear about your boyfriend :(

I'm with the VA, and in my area anyway they went immediately to tele-health. I've also heard news stories about this being expanded for the general population in my state and surrounding states. I actually like this as it feels safer to express strong emotion and I don't have to worry about driving home after being very upset.

There have been some technical issues, but after years of remote conferences I'm used to that anyway.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    People keep buying up all of my husband's preferred brand of peanut butter at Costco and it's so much more expensive at the grocery store (he goes through a lot of peanut butter). A seriously petty reason to hate corona.

What brand? Might be just as cheap on amazon S&S.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    People keep buying up all of my husband's preferred brand of peanut butter at Costco and it's so much more expensive at the grocery store (he goes through a lot of peanut butter). A seriously petty reason to hate corona.

What brand? Might be just as cheap on amazon S&S.

It's about the same price. Thanks for the suggestion!