7/6—223.2
    7/13–221.6
    7/20–218.4
    7/26–217.7
    8/9—218.1
    8/16–216.4
    8/24–216.7
    8/30–216.2

Total weight lost: 12.7 pounds lost since June 1st!

This week’s successes: Logging!

Considering that I had my appendix removed on Thursday, this is a good week.

Happy Monday!

Jill 🥰
  • Mmoore2364
    Mmoore2364 Posts: 10 Member
    I had no loss last week (no gain either 😊) Here’s to a great week! Can’t believe it will be September tomorrow!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 228.9 on 6/1/2020
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 180
    6/1– 228.9
    6/4– 227.9
    6/9– 226.7
    6/14-225.3
    6/22-225.0
    6/28-224.2
    7/2—223.3
    7/6—223.2
    7/13–221.6
    7/20–218.4
    7/26–217.7
    8/9—218.1
    8/16–216.4
    8/24–216.7
    8/30–216.2

Happy Monday!

Jill 🥰

Having done the exact opposite after my gallbladder removal during weight loss, might I suggest you consider eating at or close to maintenance calories for a few short weeks after surgery, in order to let your body appropriately priortize healing?

I was lucky (though in retrospect not making a great choice), in that I healed OK even on a calorie deficit - I don't know whether slower than I would've otherwise, or not. But there was a price paid in energy and vitality, that took time to recover from. Eating close to maintenance for a short time would've been a better plan, at least for me.

Not telling you what to do, just a thought to share based on experience.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 228.9 on 6/1/2020
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 180
    6/1– 228.9
    6/4– 227.9
    6/9– 226.7
    6/14-225.3
    6/22-225.0
    6/28-224.2
    7/2—223.3
    7/6—223.2
    7/13–221.6
    7/20–218.4
    7/26–217.7
    8/9—218.1
    8/16–216.4
    8/24–216.7
    8/30–216.2

Happy Monday!

Jill 🥰

Having done the exact opposite after my gallbladder removal during weight loss, might I suggest you consider eating at or close to maintenance calories for a few short weeks after surgery, in order to let your body appropriately priortize healing?

I was lucky (though in retrospect not making a great choice), in that I healed OK even on a calorie deficit - I don't know whether slower than I would've otherwise, or not. But there was a price paid in energy and vitality, that took time to recover from. Eating close to maintenance for a short time would've been a better plan, at least for me.

Not telling you what to do, just a thought to share based on experience.

Hi Ann,

I always appreciate good advice. ❤️
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Protein and water are the keys for cells in recovery mode. That's per my nutritionist prior to chemo.
  • jm216
    dew11252 wrote: »
    Protein and water are the keys for cells in recovery mode. That's per my nutritionist prior to chemo.

I love eggs in the morning, and they’re protein packed. Thanks for the advice. How are you doing? Still having Chemo?
  • jm216
    p2ql7yxx3qb1.jpeg
    tq89y4n83sv5.jpeg
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    I will be away for a few days so will probably drop off the radar until next weekend......

I am back!...
    Did you all miss me?....nope, didn't think so....haha.

Well, I had a few days with the missus and kids which was "AWESOME". Lots of messing around and loads of laughs...
    Unfortunately there was quite a lot of non logging (didn't log at all). I was rather more active than normal with a decent amount of swimming thrown in too though so who knows?...

I have three days to try to rescue things before the "Weights & Measures" day on Sunday.
    Will I lose weight, will I gain weight (probably). What will the measurements reveal?
    All this and not a lot else will be revealed on Sunday morning.....Exciting stuff, isn't it!....
  • jm216
    I will be away for a few days so will probably drop off the radar until next weekend......

I am back!...
    Did you all miss me?....nope, didn't think so....haha.

Well, I had a few days with the missus and kids which was "AWESOME". Lots of messing around and loads of laughs...
    Unfortunately there was quite a lot of non logging (didn't log at all). I was rather more active than normal with a decent amount of swimming thrown in too though so who knows?...

I have three days to try to rescue things before the "Weights & Measures" day on Sunday.
    Will I lose weight, will I gain weight (probably). What will the measurements reveal?
    All this and not a lot else will be revealed on Sunday morning.....Exciting stuff, isn't it!....

Welcome back Tone!

Of course you were missed! Sounds like you had fun!
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Pitfall to not sharing that I’m on this journey with those around me...hubby surprised me with ooey, gooey, chocolatey eclairs for our evening snack. Yikes! While I was struggling with how to manage this, especially where I was nearly maxed for calories, he suggested we share one tonight and save the other to share tomorrow. Phew! Half put me over but wasn’t so bad that it ruined my day and certainly not my week. And now I can plan ahead for my half tomorrow!
  • cpnknight
    Welcome back Tone!

Of course you were missed! Sounds like you had fun!
    Jill, we had a most excellent time, thank you.

daydrem_dw wrote: »
    Pitfall to not sharing that I’m on this journey with those around me...hubby surprised me with ooey, gooey, chocolatey eclairs for our evening snack. Yikes! While I was struggling with how to manage this, especially where I was nearly maxed for calories, he suggested we share one tonight and save the other to share tomorrow. Phew! Half put me over but wasn’t so bad that it ruined my day and certainly not my week. And now I can plan ahead for my half tomorrow!

Daydream, the odd overspend wont hurt. I personally need to have the "naughty foods" or I am almost guaranteed to fall off the wagon big time....
  • jm216
    daydrem_dw wrote: »

Donna,

I agree with Tone. Sometimes you’ve gotta splurge a little... and splitting it with your hubby was perfect... you cut the calories in half. Well done!

Jill
  • jm216
    Happy Friday friends!

futfg022rg4p.jpeg
  • cpnknight
    Happy Friday friends!

futfg022rg4p.jpeg

Well done on the loss Jill....Looking good there girl...
  • jm216
    Thanks Tone! I’m feeling great. Each time a see a lower number on the scale it’s so encouraging.
  • cpnknight
    This is how my cat spends her life.
    How unfair is it that she does NOTHING yet stays fit and healthy, if I try this then I get fat and unhealthy.....

7b4mrarh728o.jpg
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    OMG - I haven't signed in for 4 weeks! Here I go

Starting weight 6/17/20: 319
    Weight as of today: 286
    Total Weight Loss: 33

1st goal: 200 lbs.
    2nd goal: 175 lbs.
    3rd goal: 150 lbs.
    final goal: 135-140 lbs.

This weeks successes:
    -Friend asked me to bake her some anise pizelles that she could take to her parent who are in a nursing home. I only ate one that was counted and recorded in MFP daily food diary.
    -40 straight days logging into MFP

This weeks challenges:
    -Putting up with the doubters who think "oh another diet, she won't last long". Actually had someone say this out loud. That is why only 2 people and you my fellow friends are privy to my continued attempt to a healthy lifestyle.
    -Preparing to go on vacation at the end of September, and stay on course with my new healthy life style. I have been doing intermittent fasting for the past two months, and quite enjoy it.

Good luck this week to everyone. Stay healthy, safe and here's seeing less of you all!
  • cpnknight
    It's here!
    It's Weights & Measures day.
    Time to see how the month has panned out, time to set new goals for the coming month...

First the bad news. I gained 1 lb this week, but seeing that this week included a little holiday time, I am not too disappointed by the result.
    Now for the monthly stats for August...

Weight
    Was 335.6 lbs is now 327 lbs.... A loss of 8.6 lbs this month

Measurements
    Neck was 48 cm, is now 49 cm
    Waist was 136 cm, is now 134 cm
    Chest was 138.5 cm, is now 136 cm
    BMI was 41.6, is now 40.6

So in conclusion;
    My goals for August were to
    Lose 7 lbs..................Success
    Elliptic, 20 miles........Failed
    Water, 3 pints a day...Failed (unless you count tea, then it is pretty close)

September Goals
    Lose 8 lbs
    Eliptic 20 miles
    BMI to be below 40
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Sunday reality check.

Last week: 202.8
    Today: 201.6
    1.2 lbs lost

I'm happy with the small loss but know I can do better. I walked more and was purposeful in getting in more activity in small bits when I thought of it. However, I let my food intake be swayed by what was readily available instead of making the effort to turn them into better, healthier plates. Good example: hubby grilled steak and served with pasta salad, which I ate in moderation and added sliced tomato and cukes to round out my meal. Bad example: hubby made pizza and served with chips, which I ate as my full meal (I could have had 1 slice and a salad with a few chips to satisfy the salty crunch craving). Still struggling with getting in the water.

Focus for this week: keep working on getting in DAILY walks, increase water intake, make those meal adjustments!

Take care all!

Donna
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Skinny kid who got chunky as a self-conscious, exercise averse teenager. Lost the weight in the Army, gained some back after a miserable relationship fell apart, married my pleasantly plump husband and cooked and ate our way to obesity. Adding kids to the mix made my weight go even higher. I hit 203, developed high blood pressure, and my doctor put me on BP meds. Hated the way they made me feel. She told me I could get off BP meds if I started eating better and introduced me to the DASH diet. I never looked back. From 203 to my current weight of 152 pounds. Still working on getting to a normal BMI with 7 pounds to go. I may try to lose 5 or 6 pounds more because I have had back surgery and anything that reduces pressure on my back and knees is a good thing. Only problem is that my husband, who now lives with extreme morbid obesity, asthma, and reflux disease is not happy at all with my new lifestyle of healthy eating and daily exercise. He doesn't like my cooking, eats out almost daily, and says he must since I "no longer cook for him or our son" (who is also overweight). If anyone here has lived that reality and found a solution, please share your knowledge.