Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Oh @KHMcG I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the therapy helps. Wishing you a speedy recovery <3
  • sardelsa
    Wow @Alexmose that is incredible progress, in only about a month too!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

thank you my friend. some months i look like photo 1 and others photo 2!! flux, depending how serious i get on core training
  • sardelsa
    alexmose wrote: »

thank you my friend. some months i look like photo 1 and others photo 2!! flux, depending how serious i get on core training

Oh ya being a woman doesn't help either :s What programming are you running now? And what does your core training look like?
  • alexmose

Oh ya being a woman doesn't help either :s What programming are you running now? And what does your core training look like?

Currently running MAPS Anabolic, 3 day full body split, with some light BW stuff on off days. I hike and walk lots. Kinda sorta started running, maybe like 10 miles total in the past month, but I think I might drop it again 🤷‍♀️ I really do cardio as I feel.

I do CX Work once a week (30min les mills) and just do ab 30-90 reps of an ab exercise per off day in sets of 10.
  • alexmose

Also uhh I should be asking YOU ab your training!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Riding the struggle bus lately with vacations and life (thanks to virtual school). Setting a Halloween cut goal of 7 lbs (163 lbs). I did hit back to 170 after my weekend away. I am sure some is glycogen, water and food volume. After that, i should be about 3/4 lb a week weight loss.

Diet wise, i am only focusing on protein and fiber. So keto is our for a bit.
  • alexmose
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Riding the struggle bus lately with vacations and life (thanks to virtual school). Setting a Halloween cut goal of 7 lbs (163 lbs). I did hit back to 170 after my weekend away. I am sure some is glycogen, water and food volume. After that, i should be about 3/4 lb a week weight loss.

Diet wise, i am only focusing on protein and fiber. So keto is our for a bit.

me too here on the struggle bus. did a hike and did not have enough sodium or carbs so i have spent the last 2 days absolutely suffering with barely any exercise (5K steps a day). people, my abs will not look like photo 2 next month!!

Keep getting your protein in psuLemon. Corona fatigue can get your keto but not your gainz.
  • sardelsa

Currently running MAPS Anabolic, 3 day full body split, with some light BW stuff on off days. I hike and walk lots. Kinda sorta started running, maybe like 10 miles total in the past month, but I think I might drop it again 🤷‍♀️ I really do cardio as I feel.

I do CX Work once a week (30min les mills) and just do ab 30-90 reps of an ab exercise per off day in sets of 10.

Oh wow that sounds awesome and hardcore. You are very athletic.

Ya I don't do much ab work. I try to do "vacuums" (I know it sounds hocus pocus but I feel like it's doing something?) And the odd plank stuff but I hate hate ab work so I avoid it haha :p
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member

Ya I don't do much ab work. I try to do "vacuums" (I know it sounds hocus pocus but I feel like it's doing something?) And the odd plank stuff but I hate hate ab work so I avoid it haha :p

I've always struggled to do ab work and cardio with regularity since they're not my favorite either. The program I've been doing has and ab finisher programmed everyday, though it's what I'll skip if I'm short on time. Something has been more than my usual routine of nothing and I've noticed some changes, even with little effort applied. I've been better about at least doing some rowing as a warmup and I think that's been helping too; I feel like I've been eating everything in sight and the scale is still hanging out right around 173 and I'm not going to argue with the skulpt and mirror progression. Lastly, I added 5mg creatine mono post-workout a few weeks ago and that seems to be making a bit of difference, at least a perceived one.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »

I've always struggled to do ab work and cardio with regularity since they're not my favorite either. The program I've been doing has and ab finisher programmed everyday, though it's what I'll skip if I'm short on time.

Are you me?!? :laugh:
  • alexmose

I've always struggled to do ab work and cardio with regularity since they're not my favorite either. The program I've been doing has and ab finisher programmed everyday, though it's what I'll skip if I'm short on time. Something has been more than my usual routine of nothing and I've noticed some changes, even with little effort applied. I've been better about at least doing some rowing as a warmup and I think that's been helping too; I feel like I've been eating everything in sight and the scale is still hanging out right around 173 and I'm not going to argue with the skulpt and mirror progression. Lastly, I added 5mg creatine mono post-workout a few weeks ago and that seems to be making a bit of difference, at least a perceived one.

I also just added creatine 2 days ago!! Will let u know results.
  • steveko89

I also just added creatine 2 days ago!! Will let u know results.

I was doing 8mg pre-workout but added the 5mg post after reading some reddit anecdotes about dosing and timing.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    I was doing 8mg pre-workout but added the 5mg post after reading some reddit anecdotes about dosing and timing.

I have never seen creatine doses in mg, I thought 5g per day was the "normal" dosage...

• GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    nexangelus wrote: »

I have never seen creatine doses in mg, I thought 5g per day was the "normal" dosage...

I suspect it was a simple typo. Typical dose is indeed 5g/day.

Most information out there says timing isn't significant but I did see a study the other day that showed a small but not insignificant reduction in myostatin (hormone that limits muscle growth) if you take it immediately post-workout. I can't find the darn reference now but if it's easy for you to switch timing of creatine dosage to immediately after your lifting workout it may give you slightly better results.
  • steveko89
    GaryRuns wrote: »
    nexangelus wrote: »

I suspect it was a simple typo. Typical dose is indeed 5g/day.

Most information out there says timing isn't significant but I did see a study the other day that showed a small but not insignificant reduction in myostatin (hormone that limits muscle growth) if you take it immediately post-workout. I can't find the darn reference now but if it's easy for you to switch timing of creatine dosage to immediately after your lifting workout it may give you slightly better results.

My bad, that was me forgetting the units off hand rather than a typo.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    ive been on a 5 week cut. i was planning on just doing a couple of weeks to get on top of my covid gut. the gym shut down and i decided it was a good time for a total body rest. the weight crept up and after 40 days i was over it. im doing well and looking pretty good. this is the time of year i would normally transition into no cut status but im thinking i will continue to cut but slow it way down. im still in the planning phase of the transition. im going to keep up with what im doing now until i get concrete plans. im still fighting to get that last lower belly grossness off. othere than that im looking pretty good.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Old news but chicken breast is pretty amazing calories vs. protein vs. fat etc. I wish I had listened sooner. I'm nearly hitting my daily goal with one +/- 350g piece.

Agreed, but i still prefer skinless chicken thighs. Much more tasty. :p
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Old news but chicken breast is pretty amazing calories vs. protein vs. fat etc. I wish I had listened sooner. I'm nearly hitting my daily goal with one +/- 350g piece.

Agreed, but i still prefer skinless chicken thighs. Much more tasty. :p

Yes. I too prefer the thigh meat, more taste!