My "petty" reason I hate corona

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    I can't get any until I have the vaccine.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Smiles. I miss people’s smiles.

Either their face is masked, or if not masked, they are so preoccupied they no longer smile.

Same. I was just thinking about this today!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Same place the sugar free lemon pudding is going. I haven’t been able to find it in stores for months. Finally had to order a case from a health food store of all places.

Ditto cake mixes. They’re hard to find and sometimes I just like to have a yogurt cupcake.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    I can't find Diet Sprite in the store anymore. Who is buying up all the Diet Sprite???

And why...?

Shortage of cans. They are concentrating on packaging best sellers.
  • Theoldguy1
    edited September 2020
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Where are the lysol products going. Keebler elves don't have any problem making more cookies. What's the dealio?

Lysol products are going to every school, gym, restaurant, retailers, etc that have to meet protocol to stay open.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Alrighty then. That about does 'er.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRMnq-lxxNYBY28Z8QDpgaiA9WVoKU0u3Tzxg&usqp=CAU
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    I miss random office chat
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    edited September 2020
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    I can't find Diet Sprite in the store anymore. Who is buying up all the Diet Sprite???

And why...?

Shortage of cans. They are concentrating on packaging best sellers.

Just now Googled it and you are correct! I would never have thought it, but then I buy more Diet Sprite than any other sodas. Amusingly, this has pushed me to buy Diet Ginger Ale for my lemon-lime fix and therefore Diet Pepsi for my cola fix. I prefer Diet Coke, but sodas are always on sale at Kroger and you have to buy 3-4 packs from the same distributor to get the sale price, so I have not bought any Coke products in months.

ETA: And Canada Dry is owned by Dr. Pepper, so I'm not sure why it gets lumped in with Pepsi products in the sales.
  • Theoldguy1
    edited September 2020
    Missed going to 2 large stadium concerts (plus a couple other ones), MLB games with friends. Going to miss the annual guys family trip to an NFL game. Also missed extended family bi-annual beach vacation as well as trip with some friends to Caribbean to celebrate a friend's retirement.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    I miss the vibe of crowded, chattering yoga classes that suddenly get down to business, still with vibe.
  • joanneaggesen1
    joanneaggesen1 Posts: 5 Member
    I don't think your reason is petty at all! No one wants to lose muscle mass. My petty reason is that there is nothing new to talk about, LOL. It wasn't too bad in the Spring when I started a home vegetable garden, and it was fun to plant and watch things grow. Now the last of the harvest is coming to bear, and there is a tinge of Autumn in the air. I think Fall and Winter are going to be MUCH harder to get through. I am definitely going to have to get a new hobby!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    jelleigh wrote: »
    Can i just say that i love this thread? A bit of a lighthearted acknowledgement of the irritations that, in the big picture are not that huge, but on the daily just kinda drive us nutso. lol

My husband and I are travelers. Like - we move to a new country every few years and live from there. Spending 6 months in my home country makes me get the 'travel itch' . Now we can't travel, and we can't really even plan our next destination so life feels on hold. The upside is we've taken this 'down time' to get serious about our health. My husband gifted me a llama pinata full of gold coins last week on our anniversary. For each week we follow our fitness/diet plan, we earn coins, and when we collect them all, we get to plan our trip to Machu Pichu/South America. (hoping by then travel plans will be feasible)

Y'all sound like some very cool people 😎 and what husband buys a llama pinata and then fills it with gold coins!?! I really hope your plans work out! In the meantime...enjoy getting healthy so you can better navigate Machu Pichu!