Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 SEPTEMBER💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    💜💜💜
    Felt a bit out of sorts, but it passed off. No point in dwelling on what’s past, just gotta get on with life.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together
    (Vincent Van Gogh)

💜💜💜

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 1 Planned Active Rest Day ✅
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
      Weight < 155: 6/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

01 Sept 2020: 149.4
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5
      Calories < in the green 🦄 7/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 7/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 7/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 7/7
      Positive intentions for Today
      🌟Meditation 7/7 Exercise 7/7
      🌟Family Skype 1/7
      🌟Gardening: 1/7 🌟Declutter🦄3//7
      🌟Laundry 6/7 🌟Circuits 6/7
      😜Housework 6/7 🌟Shopping 2/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄2/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄2/7
      🌟Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)0/7
      🌟Crochet🦄 5/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 7/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄 7/7 🌟Read 6/7
      🌟Plan shopping (2/7)

• PackerFanInGB
      PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
      Covid-19 has really changed my routine, I used to mainly post on my commuter train in the morning as it was a bit of time to myself I had on a regular basis. Now I haven't taken the commuter train in nearly six months :)

@PackerFanInGB I'm sorry that you lost your job. It must be lovely to not have to work, but equally it must be
      difficult adjusting to it and getting a new routine. Plus, money is naturally a concern. In terms of boosting income, this is a website that might help you:
      https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/boost-your-income/
      It's UK-based so lots of the options listed won't be open to you, however I imagine there will be equivalents in the US that you could find?

I am SO HAPPY to see you! Thank you for the link. I will definitely check it out tomorrow! I cannot believe how much having my job eliminated has messed with me. I think my identity was really tied up in my career and I didn't realize just how much. Now that I have no job, I feel lost like I don't even know who I am. I did the same thing for almost 30 years. Plus, my friends were work friends so I have no social life anymore. I am with my husband 24/7 now and it's really nice but it's really hard!!!! I totally understand the feeling of not having a social life and the "I don't have any alone time" feeling. But I'm working one step at a time to figure it all out, and It will all turn out for the best I'm sure.

The whole being at home thing is really different isn't it? I find myself not getting nearly as much done in a day as I used to. I need to find a routine. I have all day to hop on and post, and I end up not getting it done. How the heck does that work? LOL!

@HEGoddard0928 CONGRATS on the book! I'm so excited for you!

@Bex953172 I'll WhatsApp you tomorrow! It's about 3:30 a.m. there now! LOL. :heart:

@mytime6630 My husband is the same way. He will not go anywhere unless he absolutely has to, and he won't le the kids in the house and won't go to their houses either. I miss my kids and grandkids so much that I can physically feel it sometimes. My husband is actually talking about not having Thanksgiving or Christmas this year which has me so upset I can't even talk about it. :cry: What about a screen tent in your back yard? Could you set something like that up to sit in that would keep the bugs away? I feel like wearing a mask and disinfecting the room should be good but at the same time, I know my husband would not think it was either...and your husband just had treatment for something that made him face the idea of his mortality so it's pretty fresh in his head. That's really a tough one... I wish I could help but I'm in same boat! so freaking sick of COVID!

@Snowflake1968 I love your pictures! What a couple of cutie pies! I love the one where they are walking together holding hands too. Something so simple about it that it just feels so pure...
      ============================================================

My husband and I went to Menards for some kind of hardware and tools, and while we were there i talked him into looking at flooring with me. I was thinking of buying some carpet squares for the basement floor to make the finished half that I use for my sewing room and book nook a bit warmer and cushier on my feet, as well as make it look nicer. Anyhow, while we looked at the carpet tiles I thought maybe we could afford, he started looking at prices for actual plush carpet. He said if we are going to do it, we should do it right because we'll have it forever and we want to be happy with it. I almost dropped my jaw to the floor! I have been trying to get him to help me fix the downstairs up since we moved in 5 years ago! I'm pretty excited. He came home and measured the square footage and I think we are going to order some! HAPPY HAPPY TRACIE! :mrgreen:

I did finally finish his Etsy shop. It only has 12 or 13 items listed right now, but it's a start. Now I'm trying to think of something I can do to open one myself. Problem is, I suck at pretty much everything I touch! :wink:

I am headed to bed since getting a better sleep routine is one of my current goals, but I'll hop on in the morning. Today I did accomplish to reach the most important goals I had in my head, so I'll consider today a win!

Love and peace! 💕

• SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Morning! It’s been a busy week and then the weekend was full of little get-togethers. Everything was fun, but definitely not how our Labor Day long weekends usually are.

I need to get back to logging food. I ate so much this weekend. I had a lot of sweets (cookies & ice cream) which I don’t usually have. I had a lot over the past few days. 😬

JFT TUESDAY:
      - practice music for wedding
      - meal plan
      - Indoor / outdoor chores
      - LOG ALL FOOD
      - finish painting the back of the house (I can’t believe I haven’t finished this yet!)

Be well!💕
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      Tuesday goals
      Stay green
      No candy/ m&ms 😝
      No beer..
      1 hr tempo trainer ride
      Look at bills
      Wash car on way home from work

• WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      edited September 2020
      Good day yesterday :

1901 calories
      Worked out 76 minutes including a 2.15 mile walk.
      Listened/watched educational material when working out.

For today:

1900 calories.
      Work out 70 minutes.
      Trust the long term results will come if I execute day by day.
      Support my bride.
      Focus on health and flexibility for retirement.
      Walk after dinner

• pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
      First day of school here in WV. As our numbers for Covid are low, the kids are doing hybrid learning. Half of the kids go Mon & Wed, the other half of the kids go Tues & Thursday, then everybody works from home on Friday. The county I live in gave every student an iPad with internet service, but some counties don't have the funding for things like that. The plan is reevaluated on a weekly basis, and able to go fully virtual if the numbers creep up. The school has a very good plan for sanitizing and social distancing, and the kids are more than ready to go back. I feel good about their plan. We are lucky to live in a rural area that has less problems keeping our distance.

With school comes a shift in our routine, so I gotta get this figured out or I will miss all of my bike rides on Tuesday nights. I came to work early so that I could leave early and take V to voice lessons from 4:00 - 4:30. The bike ride leaves at 5:30, but the meeting place is 20 minutes away and it takes me 20 minutes to get her home from voice lessons. Hmmmm... I think it will be too tight today, but in the future hubby and I may trade off on this duty.

JFT Tuesday (feels like Monday)
      - Don't forget the lunch I packed :smiley:
      - Work by 7:00 :smiley:
      - Figure out where my PO requests are being hung up.
      - Seriously I have nothing to do at work today, find something to fill the time
      - Leave early to pick up V from school
      - Peleton after work.
      - Watch Tennis, Hockey & catch bits of the Tour de France
      - Log everything
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
      Well, look at that, I managed to come back and post a second day! Looks like boyfriend going to work and giving me some space helps :)

So happy to see you back!! We all missed you!
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
      First day of school picture. I'm so proud of these girls!
      s0opu4tict0n.jpg
    • mytime6630
      Bex953172 wrote: »
      I think my only goal today is to keep a low-profile.

Update on the neighbour situation.. we know he is now wanted by police for another offence (we don't know what, were assuming some sort of assault.. or so we've heard, tbh I don't care)

But anyway, the police knocked on our door. And basically asked if we could keep an eye out for him and ring them if we see him. We agreed with the police officers at the time but then me and Ash decided its best we stay out of it. Plus I'm not gonna sit watching out for him all day or waiting for him to show up on the Ring Doorbell.
      We believe we weren't the only ones who were asked to watch out.

Anyway, last night, 2:30am. Ash wakes me saying police are at next doors again. So the doorbell naturally started recording. I watched back the footage a min ago and you can hear the police officers say "well we've had to ask all the neighbours and they're saying he's here" And the neighbour said "oh yeah them" and they said "We don't know who the information comes from but we've asked all your neighbours." And she says "i know where you're getting your information, next door"

I was asleep dude. But now the police have said that, and we've had a previous altercation then OF COURSE she's gonna think its us!! And we've actually not done anything.

So yeah, low profile. Cant be bothered with another argument with the neighbours sister because if anyones gonna cause a problem its her.
      I'm not scared of her, I know how to win against her and its not violence. Its smarts and sarcasm haha so my forte! But I just really can't be bothered.

Then again, I might be worrying for nothing and nothing will happen today. Haha
      But they've already accused us of being grasses (snitches) about the hammer situation so?
      Guess we'll wait and see..

On the plus side, I ate breakfast today. Not had breakfast for about 8 weeks lmao.

Nice to see you posting Bex! I'll write more later when I have time.. you hang in there!
    • PackerFanInGB
      PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
      Hi everyone! I'm back too, even if it is almost 3 pm. Having a crabby kind of day....the kind where everything I say my DH disagrees with, and anything he says I disagree with. Makes for a spectacular day of fun! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm headed to the basement to hide out for a bit and wanted to post quick before I do.

Just for Today: Tuesday
      • #NoBS 24H Assessment and Plan / Readings: SA, NDNM / Daily Dialog / Take a.m. meds
      • 75 oz H2O
      • #NoBS Facebook live for Day 8 of 21-day challenge
      • Activity. Even 15 minutes. Find something with little to no knee impact.
      • Call billing depts re: resubmitting bills to insurance for July.
      • Color the grays...
      • work on sewing tote bag
      • Evening Routine: Plan and/or Prep tomorrow's B, L & S tonight and pre-log in MFP Food diary / Close kitchen at 7:30 pm / Skin care / Assess #NoBS 24H for today / Readings from SA and DO / Gratitude Journal / Read for an hour and then lights out.
      • Get up at 0630 to establish morning routine.

Ongoing Task List:
      1. Letter to rental company - deliver to drop box on Monday.
      2. Call D. Health and have them call insurance.
      3. Sept budget [Wednesday morning?]
      4. Take pics of H's art
      5. Upload pics of H's art with description
      6. Open H's Etsy shop
      7. Research Blogging
      8. Research Etsy shop for tso
      9. Watch YouTube videos on priming and painting basement cement walls and paneling
      10. Go to Menards for painting supplies
      11. Paint wall by fridge in LL
      12. Ask DH to move deer mounts to different part of basement
      13. Paint bar in LL
      14. Watch for sales for flooring in LL
      15. Read first chapter of "Finding your North Star".

2020 WOTY: PERSISTENCE
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
      edited September 2020
      Lmao its like one big reunion day 🤣
    • AJB1014
      AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
      Hi everyone! I'm back too, even if it is almost 3 pm. Having a crabby kind of day....the kind where everything I say my DH disagrees with, and anything he says I disagree with. Makes for a spectacular day of fun! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm headed to the basement to hide out for a bit and wanted to post quick before I do.

Just for Today: Tuesday
      • #NoBS 24H Assessment and Plan / Readings: SA, NDNM / Daily Dialog / Take a.m. meds
      • 75 oz H2O
      • #NoBS Facebook live for Day 8 of 21-day challenge
      • Activity. Even 15 minutes. Find something with little to no knee impact.
      • Call billing depts re: resubmitting bills to insurance for July.
      • Color the grays...
      • work on sewing tote bag
      • Evening Routine: Plan and/or Prep tomorrow's B, L & S tonight and pre-log in MFP Food diary / Close kitchen at 7:30 pm / Skin care / Assess #NoBS 24H for today / Readings from SA and DO / Gratitude Journal / Read for an hour and then lights out.
      • Get up at 0630 to establish morning routine.

Ongoing Task List:
      1. Letter to rental company - deliver to drop box on Monday.
      2. Call D. Health and have them call insurance.
      3. Sept budget [Wednesday morning?]
      4. Take pics of H's art
      5. Upload pics of H's art with description
      6. Open H's Etsy shop
      7. Research Blogging
      8. Research Etsy shop for tso
      9. Watch YouTube videos on priming and painting basement cement walls and paneling
      10. Go to Menards for painting supplies
      11. Paint wall by fridge in LL
      12. Ask DH to move deer mounts to different part of basement
      13. Paint bar in LL
      14. Watch for sales for flooring in LL
      15. Read first chapter of "Finding your North Star".

2020 WOTY: PERSISTENCE

I like your formatting with ongoing tasks! I think that would be helpful for me to list longer tern tasks that way.
    • AJB1014
      AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
      edited September 2020
      Bex953172 wrote: »
      I think my only goal today is to keep a low-profile.

Update on the neighbour situation.. we know he is now wanted by police for another offence (we don't know what, were assuming some sort of assault.. or so we've heard, tbh I don't care)

But anyway, the police knocked on our door. And basically asked if we could keep an eye out for him and ring them if we see him. We agreed with the police officers at the time but then me and Ash decided its best we stay out of it. Plus I'm not gonna sit watching out for him all day or waiting for him to show up on the Ring Doorbell.
      We believe we weren't the only ones who were asked to watch out.

Anyway, last night, 2:30am. Ash wakes me saying police are at next doors again. So the doorbell naturally started recording. I watched back the footage a min ago and you can hear the police officers say "well we've had to ask all the neighbours and they're saying he's here" And the neighbour said "oh yeah them" and they said "We don't know who the information comes from but we've asked all your neighbours." And she says "i know where you're getting your information, next door"

I was asleep dude. But now the police have said that, and we've had a previous altercation then OF COURSE she's gonna think its us!! And we've actually not done anything.

So yeah, low profile. Cant be bothered with another argument with the neighbours sister because if anyones gonna cause a problem its her.
      I'm not scared of her, I know how to win against her and its not violence. Its smarts and sarcasm haha so my forte! But I just really can't be bothered.

Then again, I might be worrying for nothing and nothing will happen today. Haha
      But they've already accused us of being grasses (snitches) about the hammer situation so?
      Guess we'll wait and see..

On the plus side, I ate breakfast today. Not had breakfast for about 8 weeks lmao.

Yikes on the neighbors and I dont even know the whole story yet haha reading bakc now! We had a similar set before we moved 2 years ago!

I also finally ate a proper breakfast today! Go us!
    • Faebert
      Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
      OMG loving the reunion this evening!! Hi everyone! @PackerFanInGB @Bex953172 @mytime6630 @bookmeister86 @AJB1014 and everyone else!

@pridesabtch your daughters are beautiful. You should be proud!

I forgot to post goals this morning but yesterday was good, today some ups and downs but I’m still plugging away...

Monday goals recap:
      morning run ✅ 10K
      Kids up and ready for school ✅
      Take clothes donation to school ✅
      Planning after school ✅
      Parent replies x2 ✅
      Couch to 5k with the kids ✅
      Chicken yakisoba for kids dinner ✅
      Homework and baths ✅
      Stay within calorie goal ✅
      Bed by 10✅

Tuesday goals:
      morning workout ✅
      Kids up and ready for school ✅
      Finish photos ✅
      Online coffee order ✅
      Leave by 5 ✅
      Stay within calorie goal ❌
      Bed by 10:30
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
      JFT - Monday Sept 7
      1L of water - :)
      Log all food - :)
      No chips - :)
      15 minutes of activity - >:)
      Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT -Tuesday Sept 8
      1L of water
      Log all food
      No chips - I've already failed this one but leaving it anyway
      15 minutes of activity
      Gratitude Journal

It's so nice to see everyone! I am very late posting my goals today. Payroll was due today and I thought that I should get that done before taking any personal time since we all want to be paid this week.

I'll catch up more tomorrow.

• TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
      🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
      🏖🎡💕💕💖 SEPTEMBER💕💖💕🎡⛱
      🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
      💜💜💜
      hope everyone is having a good day. I Had a pleasant day, and got chores out of the way early. Nothing much of note happened, except that I had a messenger chat with granddaughter, who is going hiking in Snowdonia this coming weekend.

Great things are done by a series of small things brought together
      (Vincent Van Gogh)

💜💜💜

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] morning and evening meditation
        [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
        [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
        [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
        [*] Decluttering
        [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
        Keep your chin up!
        Turning up is the ultimate success!
        2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
        01 Aug 2019: 170.1
        31 Dec 2019: 151.2
        Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
        2020 Personal Weight Challenge
        Name: Terri
        SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
        GW: 150

Jan: - 2
        Feb: - 1.3
        Mar: - 0.9
        Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
        May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
        Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 2
        Tues: ✅ Wed: Thu: Fri:
        Sat: Sun: Mon:
        Weight < 155: 1/7
        1 Aug 2019: 170.1
        1 Aug 2020: 149.9

01 Sept 2020: 149.4
        Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
        Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.5
        Calories < in the green 🦄 1/7
        Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 1/7
        Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 1/7
        Active hours > 6 daily🦄 1/7
        Positive intentions for Today
        🌟Meditation 1/7 Exercise 1/7
        🌟Family Skype 0/7
        🌟Gardening: 0/7 🌟Declutter🦄1//7
        🌟Laundry 1/7 🌟Circuits 1/7
        😜Housework 1/7 🌟Plan shopping (1/7)
        🌟Shopping 0/7
        🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄0/7
        🌟Update Journal🦄0/7
        🌟Catalogue poetry🗃(Ongoing)0/7)
        🌟Crochet🦄 1/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 1/7
        🌟Watch TV🦄 1/7 🌟Read 1/7

• mytime6630
        First day of school picture. I'm so proud of these girls!

What beautiful girls .. you should be proud!!