Trimstones - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    @jessicakrall8

Thanks for the correct format - I will use it from now on!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    9/4-6,476
    9/5-12,450
    9/6-15,376
    9/7-5,863

Its crazy how few steps i took yesterday because I feel like I was quite busy. I did laundry, brushed out on of the dogs, went to the store, cleaned the bathroom, scrubbed cupboards, baked 5 dozen cookies, cooked dinner, did dishes like 4 times. But I guess those are a lot of standing or sitting jobs, oh well. I skipped the workout yesterday, then got up early to run today, but was so tired, probably the benadryl I took for my allergies last night, so I went back to bed instead, boo. My daughter starts dance tonight, so no workout, but maybe Ill get in some steps walking the mall since thats where her dance school is. I WILL get up early tomorrow though. Ive got to start having some discipline for myself.
  • angmarie28
    @angmarie28 What a great topic!! Little Changes...

-I'm trying to get up throughout the day and walk five minutes out of every hour
    -I'm trying to snack less
    -I'm trying to eat a veggie or fruit every day
    -I'm trying to stay positive about COVID
    -I'm trying to not eat my exercise points
    -I'm trying to stay out of the cookie jar

Jessica

I am on lunch (sorta, I kinda eat and work at the same time) and read this, and the "walk 5 minutes every hour" made me realize I have been on my butt doing paperwork all dang morning, so I decided to pring off updated food allergy lists and walk them to all the kitchens, just to get off my butt. I added 1000 steps doing that.
  • angmarie28
    @angmarie28 What a great topic!! Little Changes...

-I'm trying to get up throughout the day and walk five minutes out of every hour
    -I'm trying to snack less
    -I'm trying to eat a veggie or fruit every day
    -I'm trying to stay positive about COVID
    -I'm trying to not eat my exercise points
    -I'm trying to stay out of the cookie jar

Jessica

I am on lunch (sorta, I kinda eat and work at the same time) and read this, and the "walk 5 minutes every hour" made me realize I have been on my butt doing paperwork all dang morning, so I decided to pring off updated food allergy lists and walk them to all the kitchens, just to get off my butt. I added 1000 steps doing that.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    9/4-6,476
    9/5-12,450
    9/6-15,376
    9/7-5,863

Its crazy how few steps i took yesterday because I feel like I was quite busy. I did laundry, brushed out on of the dogs, went to the store, cleaned the bathroom, scrubbed cupboards, baked 5 dozen cookies, cooked dinner, did dishes like 4 times. But I guess those are a lot of standing or sitting jobs, oh well. I skipped the workout yesterday, then got up early to run today, but was so tired, probably the benadryl I took for my allergies last night, so I went back to bed instead, boo. My daughter starts dance tonight, so no workout, but maybe Ill get in some steps walking the mall since thats where her dance school is. I WILL get up early tomorrow though. Ive got to start having some discipline for myself.

@angmarie28 Did I miss your steps for the 3rd? Can't find them...went back four pages...let me know...

Good job on those extra 1k steps!! Great idea!
    Jessica
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Steps
    9/6- 14558
    9/7- 7419
  • adreyer1932
    adreyer1932 Posts: 11 Member
    @jessicakrall8 my weigh in is not showing correctly on the spreadsheet. Am I looking at it wrong?

@adreyer1932 I've changed your current weight to 199.8. Not sure how that happened...apologies. I'm concerned about your current weight as you show it as 211.2 and your registration showed your starting weight as:

MFP USER NAME adreyer1932
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Sunday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 202

Please advise why you're listed PW as 211.2. Am I missing something?

Congrats on your loss this week! Great job! I've added you to the step team list at 10k per day. Go ahead and start reporting your steps with 9/30.
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 I put the 211.2 bc that was my initial starting weight like 8 weeks ago when i started. I completely misunderstood that part. What weight should I put there?
  • adreyer1932
    adreyer1932 Posts: 11 Member
    ADreyer1932
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 199.8 (previous weight)
    CW: 199.6 (current weight)
    LTD: 11.6 (loss to date)
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Steps
    9/6: 10,664
    9/7: 5,508
    9/8: 4,269
  • jessicakrall8
    ADreyer1932
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 199.8 (previous weight)
    CW: 199.6 (current weight)
    LTD: 11.6 (loss to date)

@adreyer1932 Nice loss!! And your format is perfect. Sorry if I confused you!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Wed Weigh in
    PW: 320.8
    CW: 319.8
  • angmarie28
    So a documentary I watched a few years back popped up on mt facebook memories today, and in the post I was recommending it to all parents, suggest they watch it and hoping it would be a wake up call for some, and reading what I wrote, I knew exactly who I was hoping would watch it. My cousin whos now 8 year old is probably 125lbs, my friend, whos 12 year old is in the 200s, and my brother who although their kids are not super over weight, drink nothing but soda and eat out 2 or more times a day.

I do not feed my kids the best, I know I can do much better, but I thought it was just common knowledge to not let your kids have cookies and soda for breakfast, that soda is an occasional treat, to offer fruits and vegetables as snacks, and that fast food large sized meals with a large pop is not something to let your kids have daily. I feel awful that my kids eat cereal almost every morning, even though its like mini wheats, honey bunches of oats, or honey nut cheerios usually. Or that I am lazy with lunches, and will let them eat lunchables, or bake chicken nuggets or fries. Dinner I usually cook a good dinner that has a veggie, and I almost never fry any food, except when I make finger steaks, those I fry, but that is the only meal I fry.

Anyways, I forgot what this documentary was about so I rewatched it, and glad I did. It reminded me why I only let my kids have pop twice a week max, and why I am trying to slow my soda drinking down. Reminded me how much better I can do and why I should, Its a real eye opener. I think people should watch these and learn from them, and what is happening in our country. How these businesses are brain washing us and our kids, and what it is doing to our health, even if we arent over weight, we can still have a lot of fat around out organs and it can and will cause future problems.

I am already trying to make changes in my families diet due to my sons cholesterol levels, but I know I can do more. This is the documentary if you are interested in watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRFvhlcsiY
  • angmarie28
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    PW-147.6
    CW-147.4
  • angmarie28
    9/8-7,767

I got up at 4:50am, was out working out by 5:05am, ran 1.5 miles on the treadmill, and did 30 minutes of weight training, legs, chest, and back.
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Thanks for sharing @angmarie28
    I’ll look up this documentary.
    I have to vent:

Sometimes it is also easy to ignore some extra calories/fat creeping in through “healthy” options- for e.g., today I was happy with my food choices until I entered the dressings...it’s totally unfair that a table spoon of dressing can add so many calories to the healthy salad! 🤦‍♀️
  • jessicakrall8
    New schedule for me this week...with the kids going back to school, some of my piano kids who are doing virtual lessons, had to switch to new days/times because of conflicts with extra-curricular activities, like soccer, other instruments, debate team, etc. So, I got them reset and now Wednesdays are my crazy day...smack dab in the middle of the week...have three in a row starting at 6pm. Get off work at 5. Just enough time to do a little cleaning...and it has me eating dinner at 815pm. Tonight, my tummy is a little funny so I'm just eating some fruit. If I feel better, might upgrade that, but I'm not sure.

I've decided to do a virtual piano recital this year. Music selection during Sep. Recital prep begin Oct 1st. Then starting Dec 1-14, they have two weeks to record each song and upload to the Facebook Studio page. I'll make up invitations by Dec 1st and they can send an invite to anyone (like grandparents) and have them go watch the recordings starting Dec 15th. This year's theme is Winter Peace. They can do holiday, classical or contemporary as long as they work with the theme. Should be interesting...I will be continuing with virtual lessons until Corona is under control...probably mid 2021.

I was going to retire this year, but with my cousins in that accident, I'll keep going just in case the extra funds would help them pay rent or help with utilities.

I'm off tomorrow and Friday, so I plan on taking a walk as long as it isn't raining. Our forecast says rain off and one for the next four days (of course)...we'll see. Might just do walk videos.

Talk to ya'll tomorrow...
    Jessica :blush:
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Wilsonkellies
    Week 3
    Wednesday
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    @ShredWeek1 @marysia2609 @mynacha73 @nfll406 @kcpond @simbersea

Weigh-in's please? Steppers, if you're out, please let Jessica know asap.

Mule out
  • RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    RaeWats
    Thursday Weigh-in
    SW 204.4
    CW 196.7
This discussion has been closed.