Fitbit syncing issues with MFP

Anyone else still having sporadic syncing issues with Fitbit?
Regardless of how I view my account, Android/ios/web, it doesn't update my step count....

Replies

• babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    azstlrsfn wrote: »
    Anyone else still having sporadic syncing issues with Fitbit?
    Regardless of how I view my account, Android/ios/web, it doesn't update my step count....

yes! mfp and fitbit are not communicating.

• LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    It's fine most of the time for me, but every now and then it won't update for a couple of hours and then all of a sudden it's back again.
  • dizzylizzy35
    dizzylizzy35 Posts: 1 Member
    Having this issue all the time so annoying. I’ve done 16000 steps today and only recognising 2700, I want to know how many calories I have left for the day.
  • sueadams797
    sueadams797 Posts: 1 Member
    Same here, its not showing my exercise or steps from my fitbit.
  • reidsmommy59
    reidsmommy59 Posts: 7 Member
    Same its been like that for a while year wont connect at all
  • rossdunkley
    rossdunkley Posts: 4 Member
    Mine has done the same today, fine yesterday but not logging anything today. Does this happen often?
  • gracegettingittogether
    gracegettingittogether Posts: 176 Member
    edited September 2020
    Me too! It’s so annoying! I’ve been going onto MyFitnessPal website and uninstalling my Fitbit and then getting it again. It will then update my steps and earned calories but it doesn’t update automatically. It started around 6pm last night. I feel calmer now that I figured out how to sync them, but it’s annoying. By the way, unconnecting Fitbit from MyFitnessPal app doesn’t work. I had to go on the website.
  • babyluthi
    Mine has done the same today, fine yesterday but not logging anything today. Does this happen often?

No not often. It is very annoying when it does.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Yes - I've been syncing since 2015 and partial-day failures to sync are relatively common. Sometimes they extend into multiple days, although that is rarer.

• babyluthi

Resolved: Fitbit Data Not Syncing - 9/9/20

35 minutes ago Updated

Follow

Wednesday, September 9, 1:20pm PDT

Hello,

Our apologies for the trouble you may have experienced earlier today with syncing data between Fitbit and our program. We were able to identify the cause of this problem, and service has since been restored. If you are still experiencing trouble syncing data from your Fitbit device to our program, please contact us here.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff
  • jlpet
    jlpet Posts: 2 Member
    Mine is worse today. Yesterday food entered from MFP synced to Fitbit app, but steps would not sync to MFP. Now today the apps are not communicating at all. I’ve tried all the steps to fix it but nothing works.
  • jlpet
    jlpet Posts: 2 Member
    Seems to have just started working
  • Aaand, it’s not syncing again!! I’m really getting tired of this! If it isn’t fixed by the end of today, I’m getting rid of this app!