What worked for you today?

Replies

• lorrieannoberry
    lorrieannoberry Posts: 42 Member
    being back at work and now getting to work out with gals is what works for me and using this app. When i don't i cheat.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    ac204 wrote: »
    Planning ahead! I was going to a celebration dinner so I ate light for breakfast and lunch to have extra calories for eating out.
    MsEllaTY wrote: »
    Having safe snacks around worked well when I got home for work and was really hungry and had to make food. It makes it easier to not eat something I shouldn't.

You took the words out of my mouth!

I experienced both of these today! So I pre-logged my dinner (after eating breakfast and lunch) but was STARVING in the afternoon. But, because I had planned ahead and brought healthy snacks to work (I keep a small fridge under my desk), and because I knew I had extra room in my calories today because I had logged ahead, I could get my snacks on with no worries!

Planning ahead is one of the best strategies!
  • starrjulia8
    starrjulia8 Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2020
    periodically with a broccoli and chicken day/or salad lunch day I have a bag of chips with lunch. I eat half and wrap up the other half and give it to co worker to hide. If it stays at my desk I will get hungry and eat it. I believe in snacking healthy snacking. I have almonds, craisins, carrot stick, cantaloupe, fiber one cinnamon bars, low calories and I bring 4 to 5 at work. I interchange it with lots of water. This works for me. I even time my snacking so I don't eat them all at 230pm and starving at 445pm. I just limit the chips. Have it with a healthy lunch later in the week.
  • LloydSev
    LloydSev Posts: 41 Member
    What worked for me today was staying away from carbs.
  • zafiroazul
    zafiroazul Posts: 19 Member
    What worked for me today was declining a dinner out and opting to cook a healthy meal at home.
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 331 Member
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    I'm recommitting to my health today, and one thing that worked well for me was planning to split my calories into 3 meals and 1-2 snacks.

I'm going to try to update this thread daily so that I remember to capture the positives. I invite all of you to do the same.
    I tried optifast but just couldn't do it Now i'm following what they sugest when finished meals 3 a day at 300 calories. Plus two 150 calorie snacks. I'm on my third day and finding it hard to get all my calories. Good luck to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!