September 2020 Biking Cycling Bicycling Bike/ Bicycle/Unicycle/Tricycle Challenge!

Replies

• honeyrobin20
    honeyrobin20 Posts: 12 Member
    Lost (didn't record) data for Friday, But I know I did at least 4 miles. Little slow for the day.

I have 2.3 miles to go in the current virtual race.

Month total 8.47
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    - 31.3 miles on September 1
    - 31.28 miles today before work, then 12.49 miles commute to work.
    I got on the waiting list for professional bike fitting. While I'm waiting, i am shifting my riding position to sit farther back for a better support of sit bones. I can't move the saddle back any farther, so this is my options for now. It seems to be helping, i ride at least 5 times a week with not much issues. Only problem is, they are short rides, just over 30 miles. I got one in that was 42 mi, but longer ride needed to tell if it's not the saddle that's causing it but rather a position of it. Plan is to ride 60 on Friday, if not then on the weekend.

9.04 - 61miles
    9.05 - 31.2 mi
  • 33.5 mile morning ride
    851’ elevation gain
    13.5 mph
    71.6 miles this month so far🚴🏻‍♂️🤘🏼fod6501oj0jr.jpeg

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Got yesterday's planned drive / ride in today - I hate unfinished business.

Parked in Windsor (pretty sure the Queen waved as I rode past the Castle :wink: ) and did a 53 loop into the Chiltern Hills and back to the car.

Mostly the roads are far quieter there than I'm used to and the scenery is lovely.
    Garmin seems to be running slowly so I'll try and clean up some files, it's not very helpful being told to turn after you have passed the junction. It's definitely not that I'm cycling too fast!

139 miles and 9hrs of riding so far in September.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    First open TT since last september today. I don't have official results yet, but I got a new 20 minute power PB and a new Garmin V02 max. Just under 25 minutes at 3.8 w/kg.

Not much racing means there were plenty of strong riders racing so I don't think I placed even though my time was faster than the winning time on an event on the same course last year.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    9/7:
    Morning ride - 21.01 miles
    Monthly total - 61.17 miles
    Left to goal - 288.83 miles

Had a good ride to start the day today, clear skies, cool start and no winds.
  • ccrdragon
    9/8:
    Morning ride - 17.52 miles
    Monthly total - 78.69 miles
    Left to goal - 271.31 miles

Good ride, minor headwinds, cool temps.
  • ccrdragon
    9/9:
    Morning ride - 17.73 miles
    Monthly total - 96.42 miles
    Left to goal - 253.58

We are supposed to have a cold front moving thru today, so that should make the morning rides a little easier to take. It's been real muggy the last few days and I come in off the bike dripping sweat everywhere (also takes longer to recover when I get that hot riding).
  • 13.6 mile afternoon ride
    Only had an hour to ride, so I made the most out of it
    85.2 miles this month
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,376 Member
    @helen_goldthorpe Congratulations on the new power PB! Are your race results in yet?

@ccrdragon I came off the bike dripping everywhere yesterday too - but in my case it was rain water :sweat_smile:
    Second time this month already that the weather forecast looked okay enough to take the bike to work, and it started pouring rain in the afternoon. Only last week I could put on my rain gear - yesterday I realized it was not at the bottom of my commute backpack, it was still hung up to dry in the basement at home...

@kcjchang The everesting challenge sounds interesting. Sadly, also very much impossible for me!
    I moved to a very, very flat area last year. I did some research looking for hilly Strava segments after moving here and found one 3km long climb with 172m elevation (6%), but it's 85km away - haven't been there yet.
    My cycling for 2020 to date is 1059 km (658 mi) with an elevation gain of 4200m (13775 ft). About one third of that elevation was during my two week summer vacation. To give you an idea: this is the segment on the "local hill" that people here use for hill training. I'd have to ride that hill more than a hundred times for the challenge :D

--

A few commutes for September so far, no "dedicated" ride yet:
    Tue, 9/1/2020 - 23.5km commute
    Wed, 9/2/2020 - 18.8km commute (starting at the auto shop)
    Thu, 9/3/2020 - 26.6km commute
    Tue, 9/8/2020 - 28.4km commute
    Wed, 9/9/2020 - 24.5km commute
    ---
    133.5km for September

• helen_goldthorpe
    I have provisional results - they're wrong, but I know how they're wrong (some people, including me, were set off a minute after we should have been, so our times are a minute out. We have until tomorrow to let the organisers know if we're affected and then they'll update and finalise the results). It shouldn't affect my placing though - it looks like I came 4th and should pick up the vets prize :)

Yesterday's session was evil - an hour at FTP on the turbo (probably just under FTP in reality - it was based on my old FTP but I'm due a retest). Today I'm heading out on the TT bike, I tweaked the position to try to make it faster and want to test it before this weekend's race.
  • ccrdragon
    Morning ride - 14.96 miles
    Monthly total - 111.38
    Left to goal - 238.62

Wet and chilly this morning... the cold front came thru and dropped the temps into the mid 50's for the morning along with rain for most of the night.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    2 hours on the TT bike this evening, 58km.
  • ccrdragon
    9/11:
    Morning ride - 17.43 miles
    Monthly total - 128.81 miles
    Left to goal - 221.19 miles

Today was a good day for a ride - temps in the 60's and very little wind.
  • 16.3 mile ride after work
    101.5 miles so far this month
    Really finding it tough to ride like I was with working so much :/
  • 16.3 mile ride after work
    101.5 miles so far this month
    Really finding it tough to ride like I was with working so much :/

I feel you. Working 70 hours this week :(
  • Being an adult isn’t as fun as advertised 😬
    25.6 mile morning ride
    Crisp autumn morning 🍂
    127 miles this month
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    2 hours on the TT bike this evening, 58km.

@helen_goldthorpe Congratulations on your race results! Very impressive placement, especially since you have mentioned that all the strong riders are in that race.

9.06- 31.33mi - 1h44m
    9.08- 31.27mi - 1h44m
    9.09- 31.27mi - 1h43m
    9.11- 49.67mi - 2h45m
    310.9 mi for September. I don't have any miles goal, just getting out as much as possible and ride. I absolutely love being on the road, so whatever time i have i go. Trying not to feel guilty for spending time away from my wife, although she's very supportive of my habit, but still.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Fairly quiet and uneventful cycling week.
    My part time job was more job than part time this week....
    116 miles and best ride was a lumpy ride in the Surrey Hills AONB.

Targetted a particularly nasty climb that goes almost instantly from flat to double digit gradient and seems to go on forever but is really about half a mile, to get a good time you have to push like a lunatic up the steep climb and then accelerate despite already gasping for breath as it reduces to single digit elevation and try and keep that speed for the next mile. My previous best was 8:44 and got exacty the same time again - frustrating!!!