SCARED NEW TO THIS FITNESS SITE.....

Hello,

So I joined this becasue my boyfriends on this and lost like over 76 pounds in 300days by eating right,runngin,working out and ig uess this helped him a lot. My whole life my weight has been up and down : ( so I've been from size 6 to 14/16 since I was around 15. I basically have had struggles with not eating right or exersing right or even drinking wine/beer. at times i have felt insecur and just down and other times i dont care becasue i do have a pretty face so i assume im fine.....UNTIL I went to my Dr's the other day and she informed me i need to loose weight for my health, my life and that i wasnt healthy. So as I thought i was healthy Im now on a plan to loose weight, do WW,also a 1100 no more than that calories a day and work ouot 3-4times a week! ITS COLD OUT AND I DO BELONG TO A GYM BUT I DONT LIKE TO GO IN THE WINTER BECASUE OF SNOW, DRIVING..AND WELL TOO COLD OUT, BUT I WILL GO BACK DURING THE SPRING WHEN ITS NICER OUT. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HELP ME LOOSE WORKING OUT IDEAS FOR HOME? OR EATING RIGHT? THANK YOU : )
ill need all the support i can get....im scared : /

Replies

• SGM523
    SGM523 Posts: 5
    Hello,

So I joined this becasue my boyfriends on this and lost like over 76 pounds in 300days by eating right,runngin,working out and ig uess this helped him a lot. My whole life my weight has been up and down : ( so I've been from size 6 to 14/16 since I was around 15. I basically have had struggles with not eating right or exersing right or even drinking wine/beer. at times i have felt insecur and just down and other times i dont care becasue i do have a pretty face so i assume im fine.....UNTIL I went to my Dr's the other day and she informed me i need to loose weight for my health, my life and that i wasnt healthy. So as I thought i was healthy Im now on a plan to loose weight, do WW,also a 1100 no more than that calories a day and work ouot 3-4times a week! ITS COLD OUT AND I DO BELONG TO A GYM BUT I DONT LIKE TO GO IN THE WINTER BECASUE OF SNOW, DRIVING..AND WELL TOO COLD OUT, BUT I WILL GO BACK DURING THE SPRING WHEN ITS NICER OUT. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HELP ME LOOSE WORKING OUT IDEAS FOR HOME? OR EATING RIGHT? THANK YOU : )
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Welcome to MFP you will love this site. Just stick with it, it really does work. For an indoor winter workout you could try some workout videos. Biggest loser, jillian Michaels are great! Best of luck to you with your weight loss!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
    Can I ask why you are only on 1100 calories? I wouldn't go any lower then 1200 a day. You need to eat to lose.
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    It can be very scary, but this place is full of people who will support you and will share ideas.

Personally, I bit the bullet and joined a gym. If I have to pay for it then I'll use it (I'm cheap).

One motivator I use is that the more I work out the more calories it allows. When the weather is not good I use a yoga dvd or a "game" I have for playstation2 that will put you through a personalized workout.

As far as eating right, I'll tell you what I do and you can try it if it sounds good. I eat every 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours. I eat almost anything I want, but I never eat anything larger than my fist in one sitting. Fruit (with the exception of bananas) can be eaten anytime and do not count as a meal/snack. I've been doing this for a month and I'm down about 12lbs. If I have a craving I eat whatever it is I want but in a small portion. I rarely feel hungry and will eat and apple or orange if I do.

Alcohol (specifically beer) is a struggle for me. I belong to a group of friends who love to drink so that is something I'm struggling with. I find that logging the beer into the calorie counter before I drink helps me keep perspective, but it is still hard.

If you'd like any other suggestions, just let me know. I'm happy to help.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Welcome to the site. This is the greatest support group you will find. If you cannot make it to the gym try some workout dvd's at home, the biggest loser series seams to be the most popular. Just remember to take it one day at a time and to forgive yourself if you slip up a little. When you fall off the wagon ( like we all have) jump back on and keep going.:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hello,

First off, welcome!
    Second, DON'T be scared! There is nothing to be scared about with MFP! You will meet tons of wonderfully supportive members here! And the food log is sooo easy to use. (QUITE the eye opener too!
    MFP doesn't recommend going under 1200 calories, so that should be the lowest you should go for, NOT 1100!
    As for exercise, I don't belong to a gym, I'm WAY too cheap for that! :laugh:
    In the warmer weather, I walk alot. But, here in NH it's been WAY too cold for quite a few months now. Sooo, what I do is dance to an "oldies" CD that my husband made for me, using all my favorite old songs, such at "Footloose", "Love Shack", "Wild, Wild, West", etc. It's fun, easy to do, and isn't dependent on the weather. You can also watch tv at the same time, so you're never bored!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • SGM523
    SGM523 Posts: 5
    Thank You to everyone for your support. I had my first break down calories in meals yesterday and really It felt good. I felt like I could do this more and I even worked out last night for about an hour. I do believe it will just be time before I hopefully can be my goal weight of 130.lbs. one day at a time is what they say,lol
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Don't be scared! Remember that everyone who is here is here for the same reason. We all want to get healthy. Some of us are looking to lose weight (I'm looking to lose A LOT of weight) and some of us are just looking to maintain, but EVERYONE is here for support! Don't be afraid to ask for help. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Hey don't be scared. Your boyfriends on MFP right, so you have support close to home! There are lots of people whose significant other are on this site together. I got my husband involved in fitness 4 years ago and he logs his food faithfully everyday. He has influenced me to make that commitment too. and I know I can always go to him if I have a food that I can't find or have a tekkie question. Hopefull our good habits will continue to influence our 11 year old son.

Good Luck!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    I have alot of heath issues myself and I am scared like you. but first of all your gonna have to be determind to do what ever it takes to lose. I have only been on her for a few days and I have been working out at the gym for almost 4 weeks now but i started out slow the first week i only went once then the next week i went twice then the next week i went three times and this week I have done 3days and i am going tonight and i am going to push to go tomorrow.. although i have lost a pound yet which is very discurageing. But I am not going to let that stop me. The dr told me the other day that I have a growth hormone defficency and it is going to be harder for me to lose weight then a normal person I really need to get healthy and I found this sight very helpful in keeping me aware of what I am eating and staying in my range with calories and carb and fat.. so dont be scared cuz there is lots of help here and incouragemet.:flowerforyou: