Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @jugar I changed my mind about today's weigh-in. I weighed myself this morning to see how much damage had been done after nearly a week eating bananas, applesauce, rice and carbs due to this stomach virus. Much to my surprise, I had not gained a pound since last Friday! I didn't lose either, but I'll take it anyway!

PW: 343.8
    CW: 343.8

@FatSlayer1016 Please hang in there with us. I couldn't say it better than @conleywoods. This is group is so consistently supportive.

@KellyBgetsfit Great loss this week!

@Gidgitgoescrazy I love the new profile pic!

Well folks, I spoke too soon yesterday about it being my first "non output" day. Nuff said about that! Hoping for a better today. I skipped breakfast this morning for fear of the cramping, but I'm eating my gourmet lunch now of applesauce and bananas. I also had 2 slices of cinnamon raisin toast, no butter. I wanted to see if my stomach could handle a slice of cheddar cheese. So, I put half a slice on each slice of toast. My mouth loved it! My stomach is currently in deliberations about that decision even as I type. I suspect the verdict will be handed down shortly. LOL No more cheese for a few more days.

Anyway, I am getting out of this house tomorrow, so help me God. It's been like being on lockdown again. I've been home for a week now. I went out Tuesday to go to the doctor and get prescriptions filled (thank God for drive through). I also went out briefly this morning long enough to take the trash out. (When you're single, you don't even have the luxury of being sick good; you have to do everything yourself.)

So I hope everyone has a great Friday. I'm off to plan my weekend and next week's work. I have so much to catch up on at work. Plus my doctoral classes are in full swing. So my busy life continues....perhaps I needed this week's rest more than I realized.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wow, we Waistaways have a lot going on right now!

@SMcFall0215 You and your family have a lot of stressful situations going on right now. Time to focus on taking care of each other with lots of hugs and look forward to the day down the road when you can use this as a great story. You know, the "Do you remember when we moved, and how crazy everything was, but we survived it!" story.

@evangsimmons170 Hope you get that GI thing licked once & for all so that life can return to normal for you.

@Steph1498 Good for you for being honest & courageous. We can't fix what we don't acknowledge and you took complete ownership of the situation.

@Pearl4686 Hang in there. If you use it as a wake-up call then something good will come of it.

@FatSlayer1016 Don't fret over burdening us. You said yourself that you recognize you are not the only one here struggling. And most everyone here has been in your place and understands. I have found great support here and hope you will too. :)

@conleywoods How frustrating for you! As a fellow homeschool family (2 sons K thru 12) I understand. One of the things we really valued was being able to tailor our programmes to each boy's individual needs and strengths. And to have someone else dictate your choices makes it hard for you!

@YinxFed My husband & I were actually having this same discussion about a news fast last evening. I have been feeling quite overwhelmed with what is being reported and how much of it is far beyond my sphere of influence. But on the other hand I fear missing something that might prove important. So I too am aiming to limit what I am getting and also from where it is coming.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @Terytha I hope things get better for you soon. Hang in there.

@YinxFed thanks for your well wishes. I'm determined to get my mojo back.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Steps & Exercise update 10th September

Steps - 3339
    Exercise - 45 mins Tabata
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    What a Friday! So much news, and you are all proving once again that this is a real community, in spite of having to use the dreaded interwebs to build it. There is something gentle and open about it (about us!), and there is a lot of strength and determination. It is a good combination.
    @everyone- Thanks for the positive replies. It means a lot to have so many people ask me to stay. I have been having a hard time feeling connected to the group because the community feature stinks on mobile, I don't have internet and I have lousy cell service at best. So reading posts and responding is a challenge, and just sharing my status doesn't feel meaningful to me (it feels selfish) I will make an effort to interact with the group more.

And now if I may, I want to share my biggest struggle lately in regards to making healthy choices. I don't have anyone in my real-time life I can share it with. I'm am extremely envious of my partner's weight loss and rather than use him as motivation to be awesome myself, I compare myself to him and bemoan how hard it is for me in comparison and use it as an excuse to not try. We have been dating for almost a year and he has lost 65 pounds in that year. He doesn't even workout and the weight is just melting off. He is extremely supportive of my current body and also supportive of my decision to be healthy. I don't know why I have to compare myself to him. It's only hurting me, but I can't seem to not to do it. 😟

You have aptly illustrated the strengths and weaknesses! It is often a drag to have to use mobile (I have had periods of travel in the past where this drove me bonkers), but once you're here for a while, you'll see that everyone has more active and less active times, no one loses absolutely every week, and no one gets bothered even if you put on 10 pounds. We hope you won't because that feels bad, but we'll help boot your butt back into the game any way we can.

You also bring up one of the most important and irrational experiences I am sure many of us have had. Guys lose weight more easily than women do, it seems. Sure, there are many men who struggle to lose weight, but often it looks like the decision gets made, and the weight comes off fast. My husband is 14 inches taller than I am, and when he decides he needs to take of a pound or 20, it just gets done. And he is still eating about twice as many calories as I am, even when I was heavier than I am now! Unfair. It is beautiful that your partner is supportive of your body and your decision - take that and love it to bits. Then remember that it will be harder for you than it is for him - I'm sure there must be all kinds of reasons from hormones to female survival, to women's fat metabolism, etc. etc. etc. But it does not matter what they are - you just can't eat as much as you'd like to, and certainly not as much as he can. Grumble, rant, cry about it, go ahead. There's nothing wrong with comparing how different losing weight is for you vs him, but don't let that comparison include anything about your self worth. Envy? It's going to happen. Deciding you should not even try? Irrational. I'm sure you are not alone in going there - but you gotta pull up your socks and not let it happen! You don't need to use someone else for motivation - lose even a pound or two, and it feels so good you'll want to keep going. It won't always be smooth, but you'll get there. Hopefully together with this lovely gang!

BTW - just sharing a status, or talking about your own day is FINE! Often those are the posts everyone enjoys the most. We're all in different places, at different ages and stages, so hearing about someone else's daily experiences is great.
  • jugar
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    edited September 2020
    PW: 93.9kg
    CW: 94kg
    LTD: 4kg

More or less stayed the same this week. I had two bad days, a few average and a few good days which probably all evened out!

Hopefully next week will be better!

Quick question - when we put our loss to date, is that LTD this month/ since being in this group/ since starting losing? 4kg is what I have lost since restarting MFP in late July, but have only been on this group since September. I think I've lost 1kg since starting this group.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Happy Saturday, folks!

Hope you're all having a great weekend! It's a gorgeous day here in Worcestershire, UK, so everything seems possible.

As it's Saturday, I will spend an indulgent hour or so engrossed in a magazine after lunch. I may also spend a little time finishing up a project that I didn't complete during the week. And sewing a few more face masks - I'm experimenting with a new design. Other than that, hubby and I will most likely chill and recharge our batteries this weekend.

Wishing you all a happy weekend! :)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    @FatSlayer1016 I’ve been a bit absent from writing this month but please know that your account inspired me to start contributing again. Thanks for your willingness to bring all of your feelings and thoughts to the table. You give me permission to do the same.
    @jugar CW: 185.4
    A poem for today:
    My stress is up, as is my weight.
    This teetering see-saw is one that I hate!
    My behavior betrays me so, everyday I will, “Intend then Attend“, as Madelyn would say.

Now it’s time to get the recycling done. Have a good day, y’all!
  • jugar
    spyro88 wrote: »
    PW: 93.9kg
    CW: 94kg
    LTD: 4kg

More or less stayed the same this week. I had two bad days, a few average and a few good days which probably all evened out!

Hopefully next week will be better!

Quick question - when we put our loss to date, is that LTD this month/ since being in this group/ since starting losing? 4kg is what I have lost since restarting MFP in late July, but have only been on this group since September. I think I've lost 1kg since starting this group.

LTD is your total loss since your highest weight, or whichever point you want to pick. It is used mostly to celebrate milestones, so you pick!
  • jugar
    Happy Saturday!
    It is beautiful here too, @YinxFed and I hope you are having a lovely time relaxing and recharging. I will be out trying to find the right flooring for the room I painted. So far, as usual, the tall guy and I cannot agree on anything...

I know our official celebration day is tomorrow when all the tallies are in, but since we have been chatting a lot about the challenging times when things are NOT going well and the weight is faithfully sticking by us, I just want to send up a few happy dances we have had so far this week -

All three of our top losers from last week have lost again this week! I particularly want to highlight that because it is so common to bounce back after a week with a fairly significant loss. Our bodies go through a little panic and slam on the brakes, or we "reward" ourselves with some extra treats, or stress happens and the previous week's hard work goes out the window. Well, not this time! Extra congratulations to the three of you for building on the momentum - aim for a third week! Everyone else is inspired by you :heart:
    @PlaneMonkey @happimess01 @lovethyneighbor

Also hitting a second week of losing are - more may be added to this list by the end of the day!
    @conleywoods @Steph1498 @kali225 @Gidgitgoescrazy

Share your ideas on what worked for you - tips for anyone wanting to be just like you! Hats are off!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @micki48 my step goal is 8,500 steps a day. I'm soooo behind on reading posts, I just haven't been able to get here to the forum everyday!

Hi Everybody. I loved reading all your answers to the 'What is Different About This Time" question. For me, it's the walking challenges. I had become a bit lazy and stopped using my Fitbit. It's been fun to rediscover it and have a step goal. It really got me out of the house and moving!

Got it in there now! Glad you are liking the walking challenges. I'll have to send you one for this weekend. For me, I often don't get as many on the weekend. Exhausted! So, it's a challenge to keep it up. So @BaileyCat88 keep that fitbit on. :) Sometimes, we are very chatting here which is a great thing, but feels overwhelming a bit if you haven't been around everyday. Don't worry about catching up. Just chime in moving forward. Look at me responding to you two days later. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.