5'3 with 7 inches to lose off the tummy, pls help

tushitatravellogue
tushitatravellogue Posts: 68 Member
edited September 2020 in Getting Started
Am 5'3 at 121 Lbs.. but struggling to shed 7 inches off my tummy..
the only exercise I can put in is 20mins walk due to health restrictions..
trying to track 1200 calories and get rid of the tummy ..
Any tips to shed this inches around without intense exercise is welcome..

Replies

• Thank you so much for the response ..
    Do you mean I convert the inches into equivalent lbs and work according to that ?
  • Basically am at recommended weight(of 121 lbs) for my height with a pot belly at the centre (post baby belly)..
    would it help if I increased my walking to 30mins at a stretch ..
    am working on creating calories defecit..
  • Cinder333
    Cinder333 Posts: 39 Member
    When did you have your baby? It takes time for that pot belly to go away.
  • It is exactly a year, I have already reached pre pregnancy weight but the pot belly isn't budging..
    unfortunately I have no access to a physiotherapist at the moment, to get a clearance for high intensity workout (w.r.to Diastasis recti and pelvic floor)..

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Strengthen your core and focus on your diet. Spot reducing isnt a thing but thats what id do
  • tushitatravellogue
    edited September 2020
    It is exactly a year, I have already reached pre pregnancy weight but the pot belly isn't budging..
    unfortunately I have no access to a physiotherapist at the moment, to get a clearance for high intensity workout (w.r.to Diastasis recti and pelvic floor)..

Honestly, I don’t think losing weight is the right approach for you. If you have been diagnosed with Diastasis Recti that’s likely the reason for your tummy being as it is.

Do you know how many ‘fingers’ separation you have between the two sides of your abdominal muscles?

Try not to be so hard on yourself. It’s a really common after effect of pregnancy - especially in shorter women (less room between pelvis and diaphragm in a shorter woman - meaning your abdomen has to grow ‘out’ rather then ‘up’ after a certain point). I’m not quite 5ft 1in and had 4 children so I know what you’re going through.

Once you’re cleared for exercise you’ll be able to start working on closing that gap and things will improve. Be patient, though, your body had been through a lot.

Thank you for the kind words..I feel so much better aftr reading your message, I just kept wondering how did I lose 18 lbs of weight and the tummy still looks same..
    I hv not been able to figure out the gap on my own, my husband tried and he cudnt either..
    but I can clearly see the doming shape when I bend and so I decided to wait until I can get confirmation from a physiotherapist before I try anything intense..
    Thanks again and I will be patient :)

• tushitatravellogue
    edited September 2020
    I see some online programs on Diastasis recti like MuTu system ...
    If anyone has had any success with such online Diastasis recti programs or have any recommendations , could you pls share ..
    this would greatly help..
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    All you can do is work on toning your core. You’re at a healthy weight so you won’t lose fat off your tummy.