Coffee + whey

Options
Any good recipes where the shake wouldn't be too sweet because of the whey or too acidic because of the coffee?

Replies

• Raegold
    Raegold Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make a shake of coffee, quest cinnamon powder and a little macadamia milk. It's not too acidic but it's kinda sweet though
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a19545933/healthy-protein-smoothie-recipes/

I don't use whey but a plain plant based alternative. To spruce it UP, I add some different flavored Vital Proteins Collagen Creamers. Mocha, Vanilla, Coconut, Gingerbread. For the absolutely best coffee for my shakes I use Instant Juan Valdez Coffee Crystals. Never acidic, just more coffee bang for your bucks. It's a bangin' good drink.

creamers_1400x.progressive_826439ca-3026-4396-b847-e3cdd1ad2db8_1200x.jpg?v=1547487838

https://www.juanvaldezcafe.com/en-us/new-ways-to-brew/freeze-dried-instant-coffee/
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Liofilizado_Vanicanela_0.jpg

Chocolate.jpg

Regular-freeze-dried-preview.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix plant based chocolate protein in coffee, one great mix is with mushroom coffee. I like the coffee/ protein combination as a pick me up with focus and doesn't make me jittery. I like Trader Joe's instant to mix also.
    Diatonic12- Juan Valdez is very good!
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @VegjoyP I know. It's the best instant coffee I have ever tasted. Do you have a favorite protein powder.
    I like Plant Fusion and Garden of Life.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @VegjoyP I know. It's the best instant coffee I have ever tasted. Do you have a favorite protein powder.
    I like Plant Fusion and Garden of Life.

Sunwarrior! I also have the 2 you mentioned. Vitamin Shoppe has a new plantbprotein by Teue Athlete that is 👏 fantastic.