LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    For me, I have done HIIT and I just give up after a while. But when I do zumba, I just love it😂 Hubby said that's because zumba just want you to party and dance😄😁😆😅🤣 Glad to hear you had a good sleep👍
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I feel stupid when I dance though. I always want to do dance workouts, but I have like minimal rhythm and just end up feeling ridiculous.
    Not even sure why since it's just me and the kids and they've seen me acting stupid and don't care lol

So got in my exercise. No weights yet... or at all today. Will see how I'm feeling later. Sleep was bad again last night (kids). Not as bad as the other night, but youngest woke up at 2am wanting his tablet. Got him back to bed. Then my daughter came in the room, but I told her to go back to bed, then the rest of the night was spent with me half asleep worrying if they were actually in bed (they were).
    Before I could talk myself out of exercising, I just got it done and over with.

My weight is up too, but pretty sure it's stress, lack of sleep and bloating (maybe the other 2 is causing the bloating). Discouraging to see, but also not really worried much about it either.

I'll have to start tracking again today. Just to make sure that I'm not like WAY overeating. I know I'm not since I'm not really eating any differently, but won't hurt to make sure.
    I did have 2 quest cookies yesterday. They're 240 calories a piece.
    Tried 2 new ones. Chocolate chocolate chip and a peanut butter. Think the peanut butter one is my favorite one so far. It's not like a normal PB cookie flavor. Not like super PB tasting, but the texture is a bit thicker and chewier than the others so far. All have been pretty decent though.

And kitten update. They had their first vet visit yesterday. Hubs took them and said they seemed ok. The vet put a different flea med on them called revolution.
    The one we got was Frontline. Yall.. don't ever waste your money on it. After we saw that it wasn't working, we remembered why we switched to Advantage for our dogs. The Frontline one stopped working on them too (after it had worked for a while). Maybe Frontline changed their formula or something. No idea, but it's a waste of money.
    I dunno if the Advantage for cats is any good, but it works on our dogs and has for years now.
    They got their first set of shots and got diagnosed w/ tapeworms (that they caught from the fleas) so they're on meds for that too.
    But they're good though. Typical little monkey kittens :)
    They've been seeking out affection from us more. Like actually wanting to lay on us and stuff. It's been great! :)

sU5bbYP.jpg
    QipDsef.jpg
    z7VOy19.jpg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG they are so cute!!! hopefully the fleas/worms will be gone soon, they are growing so much!!! Hope your sleep gets better....I am no fun to be around with no sleep trust me!!!
  • jadepearl
    Sooooo cute😍🐈🐱
    Sorry to hear that you didn't get a good sleep yesterday. Hope tonight will be a better night for you 🙏🤞
  • LiLee2018
    Last night wasn't any better unfortunately. Kids once again.
    Oldest son climbed in to bed first. Not usually a problem until he started smacking me in the face with his arm or stealing my blanket.
    THEN daughter came in to the room so son had to snuggle up against me all night b/c she started stealing all of the blanket and he'd get cold.

I would get up and go sleep in her room, but she doesn't have any sort of white noise in her room. It has to be the sound of a fan though.. can't just be any white noise lol. Hmmm, maybe I should buy a fan for her room now that I think about it... /nodnod

Anyway.
    I still didn't feel too bad this morning. Grumpy, but not exhausted.

Didn't exercise though (well, no elliptical, I did just get done with some light weight stuff). My knee has been getting progressively more achy these last few days. I think it's b/c my body has been bloating up for some damn reason.
    Weighed in at 187 this morning. It was 189 a couple of days ago. Keep in mind that I did see 183.something a few days before that. So... no flipping idea. Yeah I had some alcohol this past weekend, but any bloat caused by that would've been off by now.
    I think it's just stress and the lack of good sleep causing my issues.

Feel like a broken record, but I wish I could figure out something to relax. Feels like doing something crafty would work, but thinking about the mess it would cause spikes my anxiety/stress. I wish I had a dedicated craft spot in the house, but there is nowhere I would want that right now. Every spot is taken up by something else. Maybe I could convince my hubs to make ME a desk. He made the kids theirs... couldn't be much harder to make an adult size one... with lots of storage but still a space saver. A spot for all my yard, my sewing machine, all of my pencils and stuff... yup... easy ;) rofl
  • jadepearl
    So sorry to hear that you didn't get a good night sleep <3 Don't worry too much about your weight, just keep doing your best and the whoosh will come as you have seen 183 :)
  • volgirl1322
    Super cool on your weight loss super sad on no -sleep....that sucks!!! yeah --get you a desk and crafty ---that would be so fun and certainly relieve stress :) hang in there :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Same with me, I need a fan to sleep even if it's not in the window I just need the noise. I hope you can figure out something soon. ((Hugs))
  • LiLee2018
    Hey everyone!
    So I actually got my hubs to build me my craft desk! YAY!
    Uh663Dy.jpg
    DH wanted to paint it but I like it as is. Plus this way, I can doodle on it, get the kids to draw on it or put stickers everywhere. Just whatever. I just want it to be a giant mishmash of things covering it eventually :)
    Already got out the Mandalorian thing I started on months and months ago and started working on it again. So happy to have an area to just do stuff now instead of having to use a big ugly card table.

Diet has been.. meh. I haven't really been overeating (as far as I know. Haven't been tracking but I haven't been eating more than normal), but I haven't been strictly keto either. Doesn't help that the store had watermelons on sale still from labor day and DH bought 2 of them lol. Sooooo dang good.
    But like on Tuesday, I fixed myself some airfryer french fries for lunch and today, had a couple of chicken nuggets.
    Like I said, not terrible or anything, but also not keto.
    I haven't weighed myself in a while b/c of the stomach/bloat issues I've been having.
    I dont' really feel like I'm bloated all over. The bloating is just in my upper stomach region.
    So... I dunno. Guess I'll find out my weight soon enough when I get back on the scale.
    Also not sure really why I'm feeling the need to not eat keto. I really don't mind being so strict most of the time b/c I enjoy the food, but I dunno... just recently I've wanted stuff.... mostly potato foods like french fries lol.

I only exercised twice this week, but it's something at least! Did my 1000 strides on the elliptical which I'm still proud of doing :)
    OO and early birthday present should be showing up tomorrow.
    The row/squat machine thing that I've been eyeballing went on sale. Was $149 for a while and I saw that it dropped to $100 last night! WOO! Ordered mine before the price jumps back up.

LINK TO IT

if anyone is interested.
    It's gotten a lot of good reviews. Now I'm not expecting miracles to happen (ok maybe small miracles) from this machine, but I'm hoping it will help me to eventually get to a point of doing squats on my own.

Aaaand yeah.
    Kids are good. Cats are good.
    Cats are growing SO fast and they're spazzy little things lol.
    OH and unfortunately, we did not solve the flea problem yet. I haven't seen any fleas on Mia (orange one), but JJ... who knows. She's mostly black so easy for them to hide on her if she has them. Will have to comb through her tomorrow to check.
    I think they're ok though, but I've gotten bitten up about 5 times today from what I think are newly hatched fleas... or ones that are just out of the larvae state... I dunno how they grow lol.. Tiny ones that I've spotted.
    So tomorrow morning before the kids start virtual learning, I'm gonna be vacuuming the hell out of the house.
  • jadepearl
    That row/squat machine looks amazing 👍😍 Hope that machine is something that will motivates you to exercise daily. That desk look great too.. wish my hubby is that good in carpentry 🤫 Fingers crossed that your kitty fleas problem will go away🤞For me, my new toy is a desk cycle as I sit on my desk at work daily. So, I have been cycling roughly an hour per day😊
  • LiLee2018
    jadepearl wrote: »
    For me, my new toy is a desk cycle as I sit on my desk at work daily. So, I have been cycling roughly an hour per day😊

That's awesome! I've always been a bit skeptical of those things. Does it feel like it's actually working?

My hubs isn't exactly great with carpentry. He's only made a few things, but he seems to really enjoy it. I mean, he did build himself a shed and plans on building our back deck whenever we have the $$ for it. That's the only thing that's really stopping him from doing it more. The $$.

I finally tried out my new row/squat machine this morning. I think I did ok, but I wanted to do it for longer.
    BUT... my butt.
    I spent all weekend working on an art project while sitting in a crappy folding chair. Sure, it has a cushion, but it did NOTHING for my butt. My butt is bruised/sore from sitting in it for so long.
    Trying to hop on to a slightly cushioned bicycle seat... nah. I'm lucky that I did what I could.
    My butt hurts so dang bad! lol

The only complaint about the machine is the crappy little counter thing on it. It's so useless and pointless, but meh. For $100, overall the piece of equipment isn't bad. Looks like it would be really unstable, but it's pretty solid and works well I think :)

• LiLee2018
    So I ended up buying a bicycle seat cover for the row/squatter. I can see the seat being a problem if you're wanting to do a longer workout which I really want to try doing since I need some serious work on these legs/butt.

Lots of options on amazon, but of course I picked the cheapest one I could find that should fit on the seat lol.
    Oh and I also bought a knee wrap for my problematic knee. It feels ok on the new machine, but hoping a knee wrap will help eliminate the aching I feel. FX.

Procrastinated up until this point but about to get more work done on my art project.
  • LiLee2018
    No exercise today. Stayed up too late working on my project. Little bit of work this morning and it's done finally!!
    Nge5pdR.jpg

Don't look at it for too long or too close or you'll see that I have no idea how to paint lol. But I tried and I'm pretty happy with it :)

So my quads are definitely sore today. Feels like it's the areas right above my knees more than anywhere else But hey.. it's something at least and shows that I did work something out yesterday! YAY!

Just giving my butt and back a rest today. Hunched over sitting in a hard seat... my butt and back need to be resting on my nice big cushiony recliner.
  • jadepearl
    Wow..that's amazing! <3 I can't even paint half as good as you :) Great job on your exercise too :+1: I love my desk cycle <3 I sit at my desk a lot. So, now with the desk cycle, I cycle instead of just sitting down. I have been clocking in an average of 1 hour per day and that burns another 147 calories on top of my evening zumba exercise. So, all is good :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I need to get one of those squat/row machines. I have knee problems as well and my PT says I need to strengthen my quad muscles so that may just be what I need. The art project looks really good. I definitely have no where near the painting skills as you so great work.
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks y'all ☺️

I did end up doing some row/squats on my new machine. Not sure how many though.

Wasn't going to do anything today bc I had to get some labs done, but ended up doing 100 squats on it along with low pulses which burns like crazy!!
    I need to start making it a part of my morning routine.
    Dh took some days off though and I hate exercising in front of him, BUT I've been eating pretty bad for the last week so I have to do something right now.

Food has just been carbs carbs and more carbs. Other than tonight (I wanted some chips), I haven't really been overeating so FX that my weight isn't horrible.
    I haven't really eaten anything sugary. All I want is frickin rice and potatoes lol.

My birthday (41) is on Sunday and it's back to strict Monday. Well... Unless I have some fried cheese cake left over. Then it will be strict after it's gone lol.
  • volgirl1322
    Happy early birthday girl :) hope you have a great birthday weekend!!! <3

Love the desk, my hubs, is well, uhh, not talented like that at all :)......so super cool yours is handy :)....and you painting looks great I am so not artistic AT ALL :)

Enjoy your birthday weekend and let the diet start again Monday after your amazing weekend :)<3

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Happy Birthday <3
  • LiLee2018
    Just noticed that it said fried cheese cake at the end of my post. Lol weird. Meant fried chicken.
    Do have some fried chicken, but I'm fried chicken OUT right now.
    My kids will eat it though.
    I've been ok, until I started eating sugary things.
    I didn't want a cake for my birthday... but I did want cookies and milk. SO good, but instant bloat as soon as I started eating sugary treats.
    Oh well.
    Gonna suffer and enjoy it then start working this butt off, literally, tomorrow.

Going to set some fitness goals for myself. Haven't really decided what yet though.
  • LiLee2018
    Almost bed time

Since I had an AF headache today that didn't want to go away, decided to just take it easy and figure out what sort of workouts I wanted to do.
    I need to do more. I'm doing like... not even bare minimum right now and I just need to start pushing myself more I think.
    WAS supposed to do that today, but just ended up vegging out in between checking on the kids lol.
    Think for now... I'm going to do my squat/rower and elliptical.
    From fitness vloggers I've watched, seems like they always do light cardio to warm up first then their weight training stuff after.
    I might try that.
    Do elliptical first, then do squats.
    Not sure I'll still stick with doing 1000 strides though. Maybe cut it down to 500 and see how I feel at first, then bump it up as I get used to it?

Diet is back on track for the most part. Still have watermelon but it's watermelon. I'm not worrying about that.
    I thoroughly enjoyed my tater tots, french fries, biscuits, fried chicken, cookies n milk, and just all that carby deliciousness! lol
    My birthday was spent just relaxing. Still had to mom of course, but it was also spent just doing a whole lot of nothing most of the day and it was nice :)