Any suggestions for good vegan breakfasts?

2»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Fruit, nuts, oatmeal, vegan yogurt, protein smoothie, tofu veggie scramble...
  • Peachesanddinosaur
    Peachesanddinosaur Posts: 15 Member
    Lunch. Sometimes im not in the mood for breakfast food and I'll just eat lunch or dinner food. Other than that, oatmeal with fruit is my go to.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Got this at Target, so good!

oppcc5tbwh2h.jpg

• juninjan
    juninjan Posts: 4 Member
    Many Ayurvedic recipes are vegan, like cinnamon stewed apples! :smile:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Bacon ;)>:)

When I was non-vegan, I didn't feel the need to announce it all the time. I honestly don't understand the "bacon" commenter mentality.

Agreed.

am not a vegan nor even a vegetarian but I cringe at such silly comments.

answer OP's question or don't - no need for stupid jibes.

Although I am not a vegan, my regular breakfast is 3 weetbix with milk - this could easily be vegan if you just use non dairy milk
    Obviously not high in protein though - if protein at breakfast is an issue for you.

People have given some good ideas - but simple things like toast with a vegan spread (jam?, peanut butter? marmite? smashed avocado) and fruit would be easy too.
    That would be quite filling for me.

• CeciliaBobilia
    CeciliaBobilia Posts: 246 Member
    When making tofu scramble, add kala namak (black salt) as it has a sulfur taste that mimics eggs!

Today I made a breakfast burrito with a low carb wrap, lite life sausage, 1/4 block of tofu (seasoned with kala namak and pepper then fried in vegan butter), 1.5 cups leafy greens, 1T sriracha, and 1t vegan mayo. It was so good I intend to eat it again tomorrow.
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Smoothie bowls :)
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    I do a cooked cereal that's half steel-cut oats and half bulgur. I put a mixture of dried berries & nuts on top (measured carefully, of course!), cinnamon, and enough almond milk to moisten. Sometimes this is what I mix my ground flaxseed and chia seeds into.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    -Oats with different mix ins-Plant protein powder, nut butter, cacao nibs, cacao powder, seeds, berries
    - Plant protein shake or Protein smoothie (Greens, plant protein powder, nut butter or avocado

"Just Egg" plant based egg is remarkable if you like things like that. Its like egg and no smell or animal :)
  • gaz44444
    gaz44444 Posts: 34 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    An interfering aside (because I am just that kind of hand-wring-y internet granny type):

I don't know your nutritional priorities, so this may not be a concern for you.

Speaking as a long-term vegetarian (not even a vegan), I find that if I don't get a meaningful amount of protein in every meal (including breakfast), it's quite difficult to hit a reasonable total for the day. This is extra true when on reduced calories for weight loss.

If you stand back far enough and squint, maybe that counts as a tip for a good vegan breakfast? If not, apologies!

(I already gave some specific ideas, with this idea in mind, earlier in the thread . . . .).

This has been my issue. I realised I was eating so many carbs and so little protein. I have recently reintroduced fish. I really struggle with the vegan/vegetarian vs getting enough protein. Without animal protein I find I am taking B12 and other supplements and wonder if I’m better off just eating meat? Then I’ll watch ‘what the health again’ .....
  • savcheema
    savcheema Posts: 1 Member
    https://youtu.be/X_PNh4S5gS8
    I like to eat savory for breakfast.. you can omit the rice flour in this recipe or substitute with quinoa flour. It is yummy and will keep you full. Very satiating!
  • yungserif
    yungserif Posts: 2 Member
    Some of my favorites:
    • A plate of sliced fruits, nondairy yogurt, and granola to snack on throughout the morning
    • A thick slice of freshly baked sourdough with avocado, hemp seeds, fresh herbs, sea salt, and lemon juice + olive oil drizzle
    • Soft-scrambled tofu with black beans, spinach/chard/kale, garlic, and peppers.
    • Overnight oats with protein powder, maca, and fresh fruit
    • Hemp milk smoothie with protein powder, frozen fruit, and golden flaxmeal.

Usually planning something I'm excited to eat helps me get up in the morning and start my day.
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    I make a batch of these on Sunday and then make breakfast tacos with almond milk plain yogurt, tortilla, and guacamole or avocado through the week.

https://okonomikitchen.com/vegan-egg-muffins/
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I usually have leftovers from a previous meal (this morning I had white bean soup with rosemary and garlic). If I'm cooking something specifically, I like pancakes, breakfast burritos, tofu scramble, or savory oats.

Funny because I just had pizza fot lunch...and my suggestion was going to be leftover pizza or a breakfast pizza. After all, its good every meal, right? :)