What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2020
    Did a not very strict (loose) 4 X 10 minute interval workout set. First 10 on the rower (only half of which I picked up the pace), 10 on the LateralX and 2 10 minute sets on the AD Pro (Assault Bike) -- then a 5 minute or so C/D. Around 700 calories for the 50 minutes. Got up to 93% max HR on the last one only. Rest were between 85% and 90%.

Nearly through my 100 pushups on the day. Might break out the new Total Gym (imitation) today -- a Weider Total Gym knockoff I picked up on sale for $150 from Walmart. I bought my stepson one several years back and Weider just came back out with it. It used to be $300 and was every bit as good as a Total Gym (which I also had years ago). I actually like the Weider better in some regards. So for $150 it was a steal.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga (15min), dead hangs (2m15s), handstand wall holds (2m15s), stomach vacuums (4m30s).
    Strength: Chest, back, shoulders and traps (20min)
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    I got it into my head to walk to a meeting with friends instead of taking the bus. 3 hours there. Then I decided "hey, I can just walk home, too." - Now I am very exhausted.
  • angelfoodcakee
    angelfoodcakee Posts: 24 Member
    Nothing exciting at all, I went for a short 20 minute walk around the neighborhood. I'm recovering from a labral tear so this was my limit unfortunately. I really miss long walks :( especially this time of year it's lovely.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    My bike came! but My dad insists on putting it together for me next weekend. For everyone's awareness, ordered in July from the Netherlands.

Hoping to revive myself for a full-body workout this morning
  • siyeonsimpp
    siyeonsimpp Posts: 211 Member
    I guess you could say I don't exactly "work out" like most people do. What I do is I learn certain dance routines to songs I like (and they're actually really intricate so it actually burns calories), but I also have a thigh gap workout that I do daily.

In general though, I don't work out much as I mainly rely on my calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited September 2020
    I went climbing outdoors. It was, ahem, interesting. We were bouldering, and the tallest boulder we did was around 5 meters. The fear of falling is a real thing at that height, even if the climb is easy - you have no idea if the crash pads are beneath you or not at that point. The climbs generally ended in a mantle to the top maneuver, which was typically terrifying.

My buddy twisted her ankle. It was a short fall (less than 1 metre), but she landed awkwardly. I think it's minor, but it was scary. We carried her to my car, and she has struggled to put weight on it since then.

The other bad thing was my Fitbit - the strap broke, and that caused it to fall on rock on the screen to break. I have ordered a new one, but I went for a new model so I won't get it for a few weeks. It will be interesting not knowing step count, estimated calories out etc. for a bit.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Rowed the double again, forgot to turn the Garmin on until a few hundred meters into the row, but it would've been 7k +/- a couple hundred, total. A little under an hour moving, plus the usual boat-carrying'n'stuff. Working on releases and length, when I'm not steering or "coaching". My releases are ugly.

("Coaching" = Working again with the guy who flipped last Saturday, to make him - I hope - a little less likely to catch a crab. He sits stroke where I can watch him, I sit bow. I think I finally found a drill that really helped him, as his bladework was less risky more of the time afterwards. A funny thing about on-water rowing is that some changes can make rowing feel like less work, but actually move the boat more effectively. Saw a little bit of that happening today - makes me happy.)

Later in the day, some dumbbell stuff for 44 minutes.
  • drmwc
    edited September 2020
    I got bored last night, so did a lower body lifting session.

Squats 3 sets of 6, 80 kgs
    Deadlift 3 sets of 5, 100 kgs
    Pistols Loads!

Today, I did 2 hours of training on my home climbing wall. This ended badly - I was attempting a move that required momentum. My left hand was on a tiny hold, my right hand moving. I fell from the top of the wall, and my foot fell between the crack between the two mats.

I have a full range of motion still, and I can walk short distances. More than 5 minutes on my feet gets a bit painful. The bruise is impressive.

It should be fine with a bit of rest and ice.
  • alexmose
    Does anyone else overhydrate? I think I drink too much water and my electrolytes plummet. I also eat pretty clean but try to salt everything!
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    drmwc wrote: »

Today, I did 2 hours of training on my home climbing wall. This ended badly - I was attempting a move that required momentum. My left hand was on a tiny hold, my right hand moving. I fell from the top of the wall, and my foot fell between the crack between the two mats.

I have a full range of motion still, and I can walk short distances. More than 5 minutes on my feet gets a bit painful. The bruise is impressive.

It should be fine with a bit of rest and ice.

Ouch. Hope you are right and it's better soon.

On the plus side: You gave a freaking climbing wall at home?!? That's cool!
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Five tire deadlifts
    Tire farmer carry
    Five tire deadlifts
    10 battle rope slams
    10 kettle bell swings
    6 rounds
  • drmwc
    edited September 2020

Ouch. Hope you are right and it's better soon.

On the plus side: You gave a freaking climbing wall at home?!? That's cool!

Thanks! It is in my garden. The idea of getting one occurred to me in the first month of lockdown; I then had it by round about the third month. My profile picture. is me cutting loose on a climb on it. It is about 3.5 metres high at the top; at 35 degree overhang.

This is a reasonably up to date picture of it:
    ug5bf5eahra0.jpg

The left hand upright started to warp alarmingly, so I had another support plank to both the vertical planks, and it now seems pretty solid.

There is a hangboard just out of view on the right, by the rings.

On my fall, my left hand was on the black crimp just to the right of the top red volume; my left hand was on one of the yellow pinches on the volume. I was going for left hand to the blue jug towards the right on the top row. This is not an easy move for me - the crimp is probably around 12mm positive, so I've fallen on it a few times. (I do occasionally get it, though.)

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Only a 2 1/4 mile run today. Just couldn't quite get my breathing right, felt kinda labored and didn't want to push it if I didn't need to.

25+ chin-ups
    50+ push-ups

(Threw in a bit of a yoga stretch for good measure, too. Trying to get back on the yoga train...)
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Bench
    145@5
    165@3
    185@12
    Close grip bench 3x15
    OHP 3x5-8
    Machine fly 3x15
    Face pulls 4x12
    Tricep rope extension 3x15
    Grip work
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    Does anyone else overhydrate? I think I drink too much water and my electrolytes plummet. I also eat pretty clean but try to salt everything!

I used to drink a ton of water and not do anything for electrolytes until a few years back I lost complete vision while sitting at work. Turns out, I had just the beginning of a massive migraine. I literally couldn't see for like five minutes. Scared the bejesus out of me (because I also have a narrow optic nerve and I'm at risk of glaucoma and I make a living with my eyes). Went to see the eye doc as the vision came back later that day and he said "we got our first migraine of the Summer".

You should supplement with electrolytes. I found these really cheap pills that are great. So much cheaper than most other supplements. Medi-Lytes. Everything you need without fluff. Dirt cheap and effective. I've also been on a total mineral kick. Fulvic/Humic Mineral supplements -- provide all the minerals our bodies don't get any longer. I've felt energized since taking mineral supplements. Some high quality multi-vitamins have a few basic minerals but this has them all. Our bodies need minerals and industrial farming has stripped the soil of most minerals. Ancient man drank from wells and streams loaded with natural mineral water.

Did an hour easy today. Only 10 minutes on the rower (was 94 today at lunch) and 50 on the LateralX and AD Pro. All between 60% and 70% of max HR.

• alexmose
    taught some bodypump!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Rowed bow in the double, 6878m.
  • drmwc
    I managed a 2 mile walk. It took ages, and hurt a bit. I took a broom with me as a walking stick, which worked OK as a plan.

It feels better today. I had an attempt at yoga, which didn't go very well.

I have a pretty impressive bruise.
    cfpqojtd8tng.jpg
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga (15min)
    Stomach Vacuums - 30sec on 15 sec off x 8 rounds (6min)
    Dead Hangs and Wall Supported Handstands - 30sec on 15 sec off x 8 rounds (6min)
    Handstand Pushup EMOM - 1 rep every 2 minutes for 30 minutes