Out of the 220s again, finally!

Options
15 years ago I lost 50 lb and held steady at around 215 all these years. Over the last two years due to quite a bit of stress, I put 15 of those pounds back on. I've been at 230 for the last several months. I finally started tracking my food and doing what I know I need to do. I have finally broken 230 and 220 barrier and I'm back in the teens ! ! again! Next stop is onederland!

Replies

• xxxSheilaxxx
    xxxSheilaxxx Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am working toward onederland too. Congrats on your success 😃!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    NICE Work! It's crazy how we just get stuck at some numbers!
  • Chunky_Chick_Shrinks
    Options
    Stay strong! You got this!
  • dsegleau
    dsegleau Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep working on it. It's a journey.

Sounds very similar to my experience. I was in the 220-230 range for too many years, mostly due to stress eating driven primarily by work. I managed to get down to about 185 over the span of about 6 months (when I first started using MyFitnessPal). The first 20-30 lbs were the easiest to lose. Over the next year, I slowly crept back up to 220. Not acceptable! Retired and focused on my health and over the next 15 months got down to 170! !Happy Dance! Slowly crept to about 190 over the last year. Now at 180 and headed back to 170! It's a journey. But MyFitnessPal is a great tool for staying conscious of what and how you're eating.

Got my wife to start using it a few months ago after she was laid up, after knee surgery. Despite not being able to exercise, she's lost about 10 lbs and is a mere 4 lbs from her goal.

I always tell people, data is power.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!