My "petty" reason I hate corona

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I'm completely stealing this from someone on twitter so if you're here too, I'd screenshot but not sure I can on my tablet.

My petty reason is because I miss the free samples at trader joes.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I'm completely stealing this from someone on twitter so if you're here too, I'd screenshot but not sure I can on my tablet.

My petty reason is because I miss the free samples at trader joes.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    The bank. I had to make an appointment and drive 15 miles to cash in a $2,000 cd and put it in my checking account.
    Not drive 2 miles and do it at the drive-thru. Now I have to make another appointment and drive 15 miles to order new checks. Or else figure out how to order them myself.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    The bank. I had to make an appointment and drive 15 miles to cash in a $2,000 cd and put it in my checking account.
    Not drive 2 miles and do it at the drive-thru. Now I have to make another appointment and drive 15 miles to order new checks. Or else figure out how to order them myself.

My bank app has virtual deposit. You just take a pic of the check and it deposits. Does yours have that?
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

Google, you can buy them online much cheaper than through the bank.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite food items at smaller, specialty shops are hard to find in stock now.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Some of my favorite food items at smaller, specialty shops are hard to find in stock now.

Yes! And the hippy dippy recycled toilet paper I used to buy!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    We had a 3 week trip to visit my family set for June into early July. I am Canadian, loving in the US, the rest of my family still lives near where I grew up. My kids haven't seen their cousins in 2 years. Even my college aged kid was coming for half the trip.

Didn't happen.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    I understand. I have one daughter living in Europe and the other one on the west coast. WhatsApp is a blessing, but it doesn’t = IRL hugs.
  • mdlockhart1
    mdlockhart1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My son's wedding got cancelled in May after 2 years of planning, I had lost quite a bit of weight and now have to lose it again for hopefully next May.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    briscogun wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Google, you can buy them online much cheaper than through the bank.

As an ex-banker, I would not recommend this. You are giving your bank account info to a 3rd party company that you have zero knowledge of their security protocols or enforcement. Whenever we had customers that had identity theft or fraud on their accounts, a lot of times it could be traced back to these online check printing companies. Employees will get approached by bad guys to sell them lists of customers names, account numbers, routing numbers, etc. If you want to be safe stick to your bank and pay the extra couple of bucks.

Interesting. We have been using Checks Unlimited for years, going back to the times before they had an internet portal (use very few checks now). I could see where employees of the check printer could be approached by bad guys but it seems that would be an issue with the check printer used by the bank as well.

I doubt rhe bank would be accepting any liability if an employee of their service sold lists resulting in an issue.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

As per a now disappeared conversation thread from earlier this summer (LARGE SIGH), the smoked salt trio we chatted about is still over at IKEA if that's one of your specialty items. I finally picked mine up last weekend. 😉
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options

rwecker5782- do NOT feel like a fool or paranoid-- this thing is REAL- I have had 4 family members to get COVID- one niece ended up in the hospital with breathing trouble- she finally got out the hospital but now has an oxygen tank-(she is only 40- and NO she did not have breathing issues before COVID)-- better safe than sorry esp. at our age!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

As per a now disappeared conversation thread from earlier this summer (LARGE SIGH), the smoked salt trio we chatted about is still over at IKEA if that's one of your specialty items. I finally picked mine up last weekend. 😉

I picked up some around the time Tom suggested it. I was using it maybe a little too much, as I woke up with some pretty puffy eyes 👀. Really like it - and you?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I picked up some around the time Tom suggested it. I was using it maybe a little too much, as I woke up with some pretty puffy eyes 👀. Really like it - and you?

Oh no! Sorry about the reaction! I'm still finishing off the first box (from Maldon) before delving into the IKEA stuff. I rarely shop there so I knew I had to at least pick it up! I'll be sure to be careful when trying it!