Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• Christi1979
    Christi1979 Posts: 30 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Christi1979 HUGE hugs to you, what a difficult time for you and your family. :( I'm sorry.

Thank you. Things have improved so much. That's the thing about difficult times.... you just have to find the strength to push through b/c it does get better.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I keep reading this thread as seriously deep heavy 🙊 stuff
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

I keep reading it to my psychiatrist

does she say dumb things like my therapist goin on about “are we discussing a real person or one of your apparitions?” 🙄
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member

does she say dumb things like my therapist goin on about “are we discussing a real person or one of your apparitions?” 🙄

My brain wizard was awesome, I miss her
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Audible.com is my therapist 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water...
    After enlightenment, chop wood carry water...

Although I know it's just not always that simple tho..
    I'm a notorious thinker... 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member

:D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I am scared that one day I am going to come to not know myself. I am very averse to conflict, I don't have the fight or flight response, I have the freeze response. When in situations of conflict I usually just freeze. It's hard to explain, but I don't put up defences and I also don't take anything being said too seriously. When that happens it also means I don't remember things well because I'm actively trying to be neutral, to just let things glide across my brain like snow over ice. Waiting for it to be over. I don't know why I do this (okay, maybe I do if I think about it). Because I avoid conflict I generally say "yes" to everything. I'm not scared of new things, I actually love new things and I'm not generally not scared of failure. What I'm scared of is what if one day I keep saying "yes" only to realize I should have said "no" for my own happiness and wellbeing? What if it's already happened, but I'm just going merrily along along along and never really know if I am happy or just neutral.

There's a scene in the movie Carol with Cate Blanchett and Ronney Mara that talks about something similar in Ronney Mara's character. When I heard it, I realised that I absolutely could relate. Cate Blanchett's character asks Ronney Mara (with whom she is having an affair) what she is thinking about and Ronney Mara's character responds:

"I should have said "No" to you but I never say "No". And it's selfish because... because I just take everything and I don't know anything. And I don't know what I want. How could I when all I ever do is say "Yes" to everything?"

Along similar lines, I don't like talking about my feelings because I don't know them very well so this is some scary *kitten* for me to post. Really hope no one I actually know is reading this . . . POSTING AND HOPEFULLY NO REGRETS.

You misspelled 'Defenses'.

Wanna fight about it ?

.... and when I say 'fight', I mean thumb-wrestle.

Well...technically
    bkucmm64tddm.jpeg
    9swdufvetaip.jpeg
    So now we don’t need to fight about it 😜. However, just because I don’t like fighting doesn’t mean a good thumb war can’t come in handy from time to time (see what I did there...)

DEFENSE

Also. Vitamin is pronounced V-Eye-Ta-Men
    not: Vit-a-Men

Let's see, what else?

Behavior (drop the 'u', it doesn't belong, no more than the added 'e' on 'Center(e)'

And while we're at it, 'Whilst' isn't a real word.

Why are the above true? .....because we say so.

BIGGEST%20MILITARY%20BUDGETS.PNG
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    I am scared that one day I am going to come to not know myself. I am very averse to conflict, I don't have the fight or flight response, I have the freeze response. When in situations of conflict I usually just freeze. It's hard to explain, but I don't put up defences and I also don't take anything being said too seriously. When that happens it also means I don't remember things well because I'm actively trying to be neutral, to just let things glide across my brain like snow over ice. Waiting for it to be over. I don't know why I do this (okay, maybe I do if I think about it). Because I avoid conflict I generally say "yes" to everything. I'm not scared of new things, I actually love new things and I'm not generally not scared of failure. What I'm scared of is what if one day I keep saying "yes" only to realize I should have said "no" for my own happiness and wellbeing? What if it's already happened, but I'm just going merrily along along along and never really know if I am happy or just neutral.

There's a scene in the movie Carol with Cate Blanchett and Ronney Mara that talks about something similar in Ronney Mara's character. When I heard it, I realised that I absolutely could relate. Cate Blanchett's character asks Ronney Mara (with whom she is having an affair) what she is thinking about and Ronney Mara's character responds:

"I should have said "No" to you but I never say "No". And it's selfish because... because I just take everything and I don't know anything. And I don't know what I want. How could I when all I ever do is say "Yes" to everything?"

Along similar lines, I don't like talking about my feelings because I don't know them very well so this is some scary *kitten* for me to post. Really hope no one I actually know is reading this . . . POSTING AND HOPEFULLY NO REGRETS.

Wanna fight about it ?

Well...technically
    bkucmm64tddm.jpeg
    9swdufvetaip.jpeg
    So now we don’t need to fight about it 😜. However, just because I don’t like fighting doesn’t mean a good thumb war can’t come in handy from time to time (see what I did there...)

DEFENSE

Let's see, what else?

Behavior (drop the 'u', it doesn't belong, no more than the added 'e' on 'Center(e)'

Yo look, I come from a confused place. I know how many kilometres it is to Timmy’s, but I don’t know how many centimetres tall I am. I weigh my food in grams but my body in pounds. Celsius makes more sense but only for weather cause if I’m baking WTF is 175C, I set the oven to 350F.

But your military budget is WAY higher than mine so my defences (😜) would not withstand your attack. So you can spell defence with an “s” and colour without a “u”. I won’t stop you or tell you it’s wrong. 😌
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member

Get out of my head!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

Wanna fight about it ?

Well...technically
    bkucmm64tddm.jpeg
    9swdufvetaip.jpeg

DEFENSE

Let's see, what else?

Now see? It's reasons like this that we're currently fighting over aluminum (pronounced by some as..."Ah-loo-MIN-ee-um" but that's another ball of wax...pronounced by some as "Wh-azk-its").

Let's all drive to the border and air hug it out.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Wanna fight about it ?

Well...technically
    bkucmm64tddm.jpeg
    9swdufvetaip.jpeg

DEFENSE

Let's see, what else?

Now see? It's reasons like this that we're currently fighting over aluminum (pronounced by some as..."Ah-loo-MIN-ee-um" but that's another ball of wax...pronounced by some as "Wh-azk-its").

Let's all drive to the border and air hug it out.

These air hugs..... do they include 'air reach-arounds' ??
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    We've been doing air hugs for months and it's getting old. Can't we cheat just once?

And I honestly don't mind the disagree-ers but clearly some people push the button because they lack a sense of humour. Oh is that with a 2nd u or without?