Go-To Easy Recipes

vickster90mfp
vickster90mfp Posts: 6 Member
Hiya! I was just starting up working on losing weight again and was wondering, what are some of your go-to easy recipes? I love cooking, but tend tend to make super carb dense kinda things (which while really tasty, not the best for weight loss..) or have a tendency to make enough to feed a small army :#

Looking for some help with some new recipes to try out :)

Replies

• blueturtle68
    blueturtle68 Posts: 1 Member
    Stirfy but with just 1/2 cup cooked brown rice added to lots of veg and some chicken?
  • GrantysMrs
    GrantysMrs Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I am new here and have been doing lots of starry with prawns or salmon or chicken plus extra veg and a small 80 g serving of brown rice with it. What about some 5% lean steak mine with sweet potato some tinned tomatoes, herbs etc and some grated mozzarella ?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Here is a low carb meal where I don't miss the optional rice. Excuse the state of the well used recipe card. I've also made this with chicken as well as with minced beef. Picture below from when I made it with chicken.
    r7cts7auvrey.jpg

eofpl0hhjw25.jpeg

• vickster90mfp
    These all sound really good ty! :D
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Chili, made with 85/15 turkey or 80/20 ground beef. I brown, crumble, drain, rinse the ground beef: so use nutritional data to account for that since a good bit of the fat is rinsed away. Kidney beans, tomatoes, seasoning. Top w/ cheese or jalapenos or whatever else suits you. I'm actually making a batch tonight - and will portion & freeze it to have for easy lunch/dinner.

• vickster90mfp
    I've used ground turkey/chicken for a lot of things, but haven't actually attempted chili with it (not sure why..). Definitely going to have to try that :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Sheet pan smoked turkey sausage with any veggies you like. Super easy and delicious. I cut up veggies and sausage so they’re similar size. Put in a gallon zip lock bag with spices of choice and 1 Tbsp of oil of choice. Mix everything in the bag. Pour onto a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet and bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about 40 minutes,
  • atty2de
    atty2de Posts: 11 Member
    FRESH SALMON PATTIES

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    ¼ cup minced onion
    2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
    2 tablespoons minced celery
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tablespoon capers
    1 ¼ pounds fresh wild salmon, coarsely chopped
    1 egg
    ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1 pinch cayenne pepper
    1 pinch seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
    1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs, or to taste
    2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed

Directions
    Step 1
    Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, red pepper, celery, and a pinch of salt in hot oil until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add capers; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.

Step 2
    Stir salmon, onion mixture, egg, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, garlic, mustard, cayenne, seafood seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper together in a bowl until well-mixed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firmed and chilled, 1 to 2 hours.

Step 3
    Form salmon mixture into four 1-inch thick patties; sprinkle remaining panko bread crumbs over each patty.

Step 4
    Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Cook patties in hot oil until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side
  • LCWalker1955
    LCWalker1955 Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2020
    sox23739lzgn.jpg

Ham Wraps with Italian Fresh Salad
    Basically its just tomatoes, zucchini, such as that, with some Italian seasoned vinegarette and (not sugar cured) ham slices rolled around some cream cheese.
    The white chunks in the salad are smoked Gouda
  • LCWalker1955
    edited September 2020
    7tjcvsrs2533.jpg
    Yellow Bell Pepper
    Avocado
    Zucchini
    Red onion
    Calamata Olives
    Feta cheese

Chunk them up and toss in Italian Vinegarette dressing.

ez-pz!

• LCWalker1955
    kkay89w4fupk.jpg

Pimento Cheese stuffed celery (read the package tho- some have added sugar)
    Zucchini slices
    Sour cream dipping sauce
    Avocado stuffed eggs (mix yolk and avocado together!)

• Gymnasticsgirl09
    Gymnasticsgirl09 Posts: 39 Member
    sox23739lzgn.jpg

Ham Wraps with Italian Fresh Salad
    Basically its just tomatoes, zucchini, such as that, with some Italian seasoned vinegarette and (not sugar cured) ham slices rolled around some cream cheese.
    The white chunks in the salad are smoked Gouda

Looks so good, I wonder if you can pass food through the screen! :)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Not really a recipe, but I'm eating this 6-7 days a week because it is so easy and delicious. Dice an apple. Sprinkle liberally (don't skimp) with cinnamon. Top with one serving of cottage cheese. Add 1/2 serving of chopped nuts and another sprinkling of cinnamon. Then top with some crushed pretzels for a delicious, salty crunch. I saw this recommended by a nutritionist on a TV show (minus the pretzels) and have been enjoying it ever since. (I accidentally stumbled upon the pretzel idea because I don't particularly enjoy the pretzels in my Chex mix, but this is a delicious use for them.)
  • Spring2steps
    Spring2steps Posts: 9 Member
    My favorite go-to for meal prep for the last two months has been Eating Wells (website) chili lime chicken, and curry chicken. Mix up chicken batches in marinade for a couple hours and cook in a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean-up. It is very popular at my house even the kids enjoy when they get to enjoy them. I use 1/2 cup brown rice and quinoa as the base, and eggplant or squash, zucchini, red peppers roasted as veggie on top. It's a must try!
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member
    Not so much a recipe but I do a lot of air fryer chicken. 360 degrees for 10 minutes, flip, cook another 10 minutes...comes out perfect!

I also spray it with non stick cooking spray and add seasoning.

I've also cut the chicken up and added it to a bowl of steamed veggies with a few baby red potatoes (like bite sized ones).

With this, at least you get some carbs but also a lot of protein! And it's easy enough to make for a family (could also bake the chicken if making a lot)!
  • michaeldaily4927
    michaeldaily4927 Posts: 59 Member
    I agree 100% on the air fryer. I just discovered mine, and it has been awesome. Absolutely perfect chicken, at 1/3 of the calories and fat of fried chicken. Makes a really good egg roll too.

I also discovered a really great way to make Greek salad with no oil. Toss the lettuce, purple onion, cucumber, and tomatoes together. Sprinkle with Cavender's Greek seasoning. Throw in some feta (70 calories and ounce, bless the hearts of the sheep that provided the milk), and then just shake some red wine vinegar. You won't miss the oil. It cuts the calories down to 130 per serving.

Last one I've discovered is the "one egg, three egg white" omelet. I do carl buddig ham, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and either feta or mozzarella pearls. mix it all together in a plastic sandwich bag (zip lock). Then drop it in a pan of boiling water, cooking right in the bag. You would be amazed at how good it is. The egg white fluffs way up, I think due to the low temp (212 F versus 400 or more in a pan). No oil either. 16g of protein from the eggs and another 5 for the ham and cheese. I put salt, pepper and hot sauce in the bag when I mix it. I could eat one every day to be honest, and it is something like 300 calories.